Clear All

Any info on Nitto pump ?
    DrifterToyz Team

AV FABRICATION (514) 885-2884
    TK RACE HEADS (514) 920-0094

Runing me Broke RB power FTMFW !!!
    HELLAFLUSH offset is everything !!!

Comment

Same thing was asked on GTRPWR when the CRD guys registered and posted once. Then they disappeared and never went into any technical details.

Nitto website:
      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

with a stock rb and no modifications what is the expected life span of the stock pump?obviously ill be upgrading asap and putting in a oil cooler at the same time but at what point do they typically fail?

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
          with a stock rb and no modifications what is the expected life span of the stock pump?obviously ill be upgrading asap and putting in a oil cooler at the same time but at what point do they typically fail?

That cant be answered.
          Ive seen some early cars last and last and last. Couldnt really tell you why. But no body on this forum can tell you how long it will last. As long as the drive isnt stripping or have a crack in the pump gear, stay off your limiter and you "should" get plenty of life out of it. Its the bashing around on a loose clearance drive and pump on limiter that brakes oil pumps.

when you decide to update your oil drive, check out this link below for detailed info on the clearance issue.

ALLEN PETERSEN
          Number (604) 961-2449
          4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
          RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Any new updates with any of you guys?

I know a couple of ya have used accusumps. Where or how did you rout your goods?

I've recently looked at the tomei and nismo sump baffles. Tomei has the rubber door flaps and the nismo has a different configuration using metal doors. I also seen rips extended sump for the gtr and appears that with the design, only a metal cup surrounding the pick-up with some slots in the bottom. Almost looks like a crank pully socket welded in. I'm using a tomei unit for the price. Tomei was only $140 or something close to that. I heard the nismo is crazy expensive. Like closer to $500? What ones you guys using/like?

Thinking about the oil drain modification. (head to sump) Most guys have been routing it to the driver side of the sump just in front of the front diff. I was pondering that if it were on the other side the cranks rotation would help suck the oil down with a vacuum. (crank spins clock-wise). I might just split my drain into two and have it go to both sides on my next build. Hard to test this theory tho, so what you guys think of that idea?

Any other new things that can be added here?
            ALLEN PETERSEN
            Number (604) 961-2449
            4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
            RB30`s for sale!

Comment

my car is street only (no tracks or autocross nearby) so I didn't go dry sump, otherwise I would have.

My oil capacity with cooler is 9L. With accusump is 12L. I have about 7bar oil pressure when driving. 2.5bar at idle. 300whp at 1bar fully built and -5 turbos. AFR is 9.8-10.3 at w0t. lots of flames from tail pipe haha.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

wow, 9.8 is quite the rich blend, almost scary rich. You might want to lean it out a tad in the mid-high 10s. Even 11s for a 300whp set up. Get beter millage and even get more power !

So, for an oil cooler, should I have a thermostat on the sandwich plate or just a plane 'ol sandwich adapter is safe ?

Just realized that the thread is old as sh*t... oh well
                Last edited by Nismo20; 10-08-2013, 12:05 PM.
                Gotta love those twins

Comment

I'm about to put my setup together using this 9.L oil sump from sky-engineering, crank collar and n1 pump

Comment

looks like it's gonna disconnect from your engine the moment you hit a speed bump.
                    wonder if it'll fit
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

If fits and it sits right as swaybar level.

Comment

Leaving this oil pump comparison guide here for easy ref.

Question:
                        For a street car, would the high flow oil pumps require increased sump vol. and head restrictor? Or is that an issue with extended high RPM track use? I haven't found any info on this, as I want to know if I need to install a head restrictor with, for ex, reimax gears.
                        Thanks

Comment

In my experience for street use the stock pump is more than adequate. Just don't frequently rev over 7500 and certainly don't hit the rev limiter.

I have almost 160k on my stock motor making 427whp and the car is used heavily on the track. No issues at all (knocking on wood).

If you do take your car lapping or do some Auto X just adhere to what I said above and add about 3/4 of oil to the sump and you'll be fine.

This is my honest opinion based on my experience. Some may argue.

If you are in the process of adding a high flow pump I would add the restrictor but I don't believe (for street use) the additional sump volume would be required. There is quite a bit of clearance between the crank and oil level making it possible to add oil over the oem suggested level. I use 5 liters when changing my oil.

I hope this helps.
                          Last edited by bobbo; 09-15-2014, 05:20 AM.

Comment

RB26 oil system

Bobbo that helps, I am very wary of the oe pump, probably due to Internet fear-mongering.

Also, do you still have the stock harmonic balancer in? It has it been changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Armanio; 09-15-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

The reimax gears have the same geometry as the oem gears, just different metallurgy. They make gears for both the normal and n1 pumps. I have the restrictor installed with the Oem pump and reimax gears.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

All stock as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X