Throttle Body Shaft Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Shaft Seals

Just putting it out there again to see if anybody has come up with a workable solution to replacing the shaft seals on the RB26DETT throttle bodies. I know there used to be a kit from xspower or something but they are no longer around. I've looked around for another replacement but haven't come up with anything that will properly fit. If anyone has come up with something please post it up. I imagine almost everyone with a GTR is going to experience the need for these at some point.

Get some made up!
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
      Get some made up!
      Probably easier to convert to single throttlebody and new intake manifold than to get customs seals made. Maybe if I commissioned a large run of them and sold them myself it would be worth it but im not interested in doing that.

Comment

I don't know if I'd go to a single TB because of a seal issue (lots of pros to ITB's) but if you're always on the throttle I guess the single is better?

Bah, go single, will look better with a huge turbo and large plenum!
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Yeah I definitely will be keeping the ITB's its just a matter of fixing the leaks. I have no interest in a big single or buying any new parts, just venting my frustration in how hard it has been trying to located some seals. Its unbelievable that Nissan doesn't have a part number for them.

Comment

Nissan just sell the whole assembly i bought it 2 years ago the XSengineering throttle shaft seal for about 100$ if i remember correctly... Like you said i just check and they no longer for sale dont know why they where well made ...
            Nic

Comment

Found a part number on the seal but nobody ive called can make use of it. Number is "pbr tc12377 10 18 6 1" so if anybody can cross reference that then we might be on to something

Comment

Update to my last post, I got a call back and the guy found something he thinks matches that number. Ill get them on Monday and report back as to whether or not they are correct. The seals are around $4 each so the price is right...in the name of science.

Comment

i did some searching with that part number, pbr is the manufacturer. that part number references to a size 10x18x6. so a regular nitrile oil seal of those dimensions i believe would work. i couldnt cross the number to anything else but those dimensions should definitely aid you.

Last edited by Godzilla32; 10-09-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Were you able to find replacement seals? Did that part number ever produce anything?

Comment

update on this old old thread lol.. but I found on rhdjapan.com you can buy a throttle seal kit made by reimax. That may be something?

Comment

Working...
                      X