1-take off bumper

2-take off old bov from pipe with 12mm wrench (4 bolts) red cilrcle
    3-loosen off clamps with flat head screwdriver (7 clamps) green circle
    4-If new bov's vent into the air...block this pipe -blue square
    5-blot in new bov's in old bov spot

install should look like this

another pic to understand where all those crazy pipes go

Now go watch Fast n" Furious and live your life a quarter mile at a time
    Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

some people say they only run 1 BOV on a GTR. How do you manage that? I'd like to save money and not run 2 if possible.

Comment

Saving money ...and GTR......are two words that do not go together.You bought a high performance sports car...not Hyundai :wink: You have to spend high performance money.There are two bov's for a reason,I'm sure if Nissan could run one bov and save money they would.

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR--J
        Saving money ...and GTR......are two words that do not go together.You bought a high performance sports car...not Hyundai :wink: You have to spend high performance money.There are two bov's for a reason,I'm sure if Nissan could run bov and save money they would.
        Care to elaborate for me why 2 BOV's are necessary rather than just belittle me with a really general statement about owning s GTR?

Comment

Originally posted by Godzilla.SK

Care to elaborate for me why 2 BOV's are necessary rather than just belittle me with a really general statement about owning s GTR?
          I think you're bringing the belittling upon yourself, my friend*.

*I use that term in its loosest possible context.
          GTRC Geriatrics Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by SmegEad
            Originally posted by Godzilla.SK

I think you're bringing the belittling upon yourself, my friend*.

*I use that term in its loosest possible context.
            by asking how people run a single BOV? are you kidding me? how in the **** am I belittling myself by asking how to do something? It's not like I asked him how to put air in a tire.

Comment

I write you a nice install guide and this is what I get I slaved all morning for you and now my feelings are hurt :? I was simply stating not to cheap out on an otherwise expensive car...sheesh your pissy

Full-Race.com

Comment

Pretty sure he was just asking a question :roll:

Anyways,

the more serious aspect of this guide is what most of us want to know.. Anyone can physically change BOV's (the guide is good for that)

The question was.. JUst slap them on and drive or is their engine tunning required.. E.g. with that ignition control module, and have to recirculate the BOV's//

Kinetic motorsports was even troubled with how to run PROPERLY BOV's on a GTR.. not just botl them on.

any help would be appreciated..

As to do with running one BOV, would the only way that would work is if you changed the y pipe to a single pipe (then y it again if needed ?), therefore running only one BOV...

could be way wrong just a hunch/ my interpretation?

Comment

Why is this so difficult?Put on your two bov's..preferably a common brand name like HKS , Blitz or Greddy and that's it.The only tuning you could do is if you have an aftermarket computer ie: Apex PFC or Safc 2.If your car hesitates buy a comptuer to adjust the fuel.This is not rocket science,you are simply replacing a bolt on part. :roll: I don't see what an ignition control module would have to do with anything ...it is the air/fuel mixture that you would have to adjust.If for some reason you want to run one blow off valve ....then go ahead and plug up the 2nd hole on the pipe.Stop flooding my fancy post with silly replies.

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR--J
                    Why is this so difficult?Put on your two bov's..preferably a common brand name like HKS , Blitz or Greddy and that's it.The only tuning you could do is if you have an aftermarket computer ie: Apex PFC or Safc 2.If your car hesitates buy a comptuer to adjust the fuel.This is not rocket science,you are simply replacing a bolt on part. :roll: I don't see what an ignition control module would have to do with anything ...it is the air/fuel mixture that you would have to adjust.If for some reason you want to run one blow off valve ....then go ahead and plug up the 2nd hole on the pipe.Stop flooding my fancy post with silly replies.
                    thanks, that was very helpful too!

i think i'll just bite the bullet and buy 2.. either Turbosmart or Blitz for me though.

Comment

the only SMART way to run a single BOV on a GTR is if you have done a single turbo convertion... there is no Bridging unit to put both turbos on the same BOV... there is one guy that is running NO BOV's in BC, he is also using a specially designed/re-built T78 with a Ti-alloy wheel to make sure that the wheel sould not snap when runnig 2 bar.

So if you want to run a GTR with 1 bov do a single turbo conversion, or spend 10K on a turbo, and you shouldn't have to run any.

The second part of the statment is not recomonded by me AT ALL!!!

and if you run only 1 BOV on a GTR you will be cutting off the BOV to one of the turbos and you will have a unwanted single turbo conversion about 2 weeks later and you will have half the normal GTR power!!!
                      (and you will be buying a new set of twisties!)

Comment

Originally posted by James Mramor
                        the only SMART way to run a single BOV on a GTR is if you have done a single turbo convertion... there is no Bridging unit to put both turbos on the same BOV... there is one guy that is running NO BOV's in BC, he is also using a specially designed/re-built T78 with a Ti-alloy wheel to make sure that the wheel sould not snap when runnig 2 bar.

So if you want to run a GTR with 1 bov do a single turbo conversion, or spend 10K on a turbo, and you shouldn't have to run any.

The second part of the statment is not recomonded by me AT ALL!!!

and if you run only 1 BOV on a GTR you will be cutting off the BOV to one of the turbos and you will have a unwanted single turbo conversion about 2 weeks later and you will have half the normal GTR power!!!
                        (and you will be buying a new set of twisties!)
                        10-4

Comment

The only tuning you could do is if you have an aftermarket computer ie: Apex PFC or Safc 2.If your car hesitates buy a comptuer to adjust the fuel.This is not rocket science,you are simply replacing a bolt on part. I don't see what an ignition control module would have to do with anything ...it is the air/fuel mixture that you would have to adjust.

pretty sure, thats what most people wanted 25 posts back...

Also, i think people wanted to avoid having to go out and buy aftermarket fuel controllers, thats why we wanted to know what works best without having to go through all that hastle, of new ecu's etc (not what just bolts on )

Comment

Funny, mine has been modified to have one ARC bov. It has a replacement hard tube for the air hose after the "Twin Turbo" y-pipe with the bov mounted there.
                            1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
                            1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut
                              Funny, mine has been modified to have one ARC bov. It has a replacement hard tube for the air hose after the "Twin Turbo" y-pipe with the bov mounted there.
                              Where did you get the hard pipe? I need one.

Just for everyone knows, without the Y-pipe you can run a single BOV. The problem with running 1 on a Y-piped setup is you are preventing one turbo from expelling pressure and damaging it.

Other twin turbo cars like 1JZGTE Supra's can utilize single BOV's no problem so there is no reason a Skyline can't with light modification.

Comment

Working...
                              X