No announcement yet.

BOV install for GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a pic of a one BOV conversion? The two recirc valves are in SERIES, not parallel, so I dont see why one big single wouldnt work

Comment

Originally posted by GTRSOAR View Post
      Does anyone have a pic of a one BOV conversion? The two recirc valves are in SERIES, not parallel, so I dont see why one big single wouldnt work
      HKS SQV BOV's kit for the GT-R 32-34 is using a single blow off valve. The kit includes a stainless piping w/ the HKS SQV attached, it's a direct bolt on and will be positioned beside the battery. I'm using one actually.
      Last edited by GodziRRa; 02-13-2011, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Its not a GTR but my friends FD has a single HKS bov on a twin turbo set up. Spools and lets off a nice high pitch sound. Might not be the same since I dont think FDs have a recirc system. So it has a MAP sensor instead of MAF.

Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Twin turbo FD? Wow, good stuff

Comment

I run a single ARC blow off valve on the TB side... No Recircs, No problems.
            Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Im getting the re3cirst valve housing welded now and ill pick it up when its done, here my rough plan, ill throw up a pic when its done. Im just capping one of the flanges and welding on the Tiall 50mm so the cut end

Comment

I do have one question though, when doing a single conversion, did you just cap one of the small vacuum lines that were on the top of the recirc valves? Does only one of the small black hoses handle the pressure fine? Im referring to the two hoses hanging down in the pic right above this post.

Comment

I'm pretty sure both of those T off of the same place...
                  Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Originally posted by GodziRRa View Post
                    HKS SQV BOV's kit for the GT-R 32-34 is using a single blow off valve. The kit includes a stainless piping w/ the HKS SQV attached, it's a direct bolt on and will be positioned beside the battery. I'm using one actually.
                    i was looking at that too what did you have to do with the other stock bovs or is it just bolt on and it works?

Comment

Originally posted by skyrider32 View Post
                      i was looking at that too what did you have to do with the other stock bovs or is it just bolt on and it works?
                      The oem blow offs were removed, put it in some box some where. It's just an easy bolt on.

Comment

Can you buy that hose adaptor separately? Can I use one for the Tial 50mm? I LOVE the look of that chrome

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if HKS sells hose adapters... but I can't see them advertised in their product line up though.

Comment

Working...
                          X