Proyect Ationbstard RB25det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nop

acl not calico coated ones.Theres no need since my aim is for 600 to max 700hp.triple layer bearings are use by Nismo so its better then nothing.

in there theres a RB25DET runing 600+hp and his runing acl bearings and aslo a NI oil pump,yes its a dyno queen but hey.....wtf.lol.
    the head is a mild set up but still haven't found the right cams.????
    I always love the 280 but all i have found is those lame as 256 or what ever
    if I need help its on cams but thanks for the sugestion man
    You Love Japan and Japan hates you.Fck JDM

Comment

I was thinking of going with the solid lifters from tomei and some super tech valves to go with a 270 cams.what do you guys think?

Comment

firkin insane! damn!
        wish i had the funds to do what you guys do to these RB's!
        i could only imagine how fast a 600HP RB would throw you into your seat.

.......GTRCANADA.COM
        Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

theres the thing man

the key to unlock a rb25 potential is in the head.Solid lifters over hydraulic lifters and you got your self almost the same rb26, well......still need at least a mild port job, and good cams at least 260 or above. I've seen that there is a lot of rb owners not doing things correctly, such as building the bottom first and never addressing the head or going with those so colled 256 p cams fcking joke(to me that is). I started with the head, then moved to the bottom. The head it what makes the power, for me if you have a rb25det going hydraulic to solid lifters is a must, all you need is to get the solid lifters from tomei. I dont know who else sells it and super tech valves any cheaper then tomei.lol. Once you have these two things then start building your car. This is the only problem I've seen so far that explains the rb25 not getting more then 500hp. I can make build a rb25det capable of 1060hp reliable, more then that is a 50/50 chance. This is the key to unlock the rb25det true potential.

thanks to all of you for your support

Comment

256 duration poncams are not bad. Probably more suited to a mild turbo upgrade.

The cam manufacturer I mentioned above (31rwkw gain) has specs on their cams and applications they suit -

I think your engine might be limited by the Z32 MAF to 550hp or so.

Make sure you run some decent tyres on the rear with 400hp+.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

thanks but those are for hydaulic

I going to solid man.Price sucks to.to high for my budget

Comment

What about the so called crank collar issue that I heard so much about. Doesnt that need to be touched on when upping the power and rpms??

Comment

As far as I know, yes. JUN crank collar.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

oh please for the love of god dont use that cometic ****...your better off using a loose leaf sheet of paper then cometic. i would strongly recomend that you dont cheap out on the head gasket and get a really good one like Tomei or power enterprise. its a couple hundred bucks (paid mine 200 for the tomei) and its off the hook. plus replacing a head gasket isnt exactly the easiest or funnest job in the world...at least not on an RB26

Comment

Interesting.

Ive noticed some with RB25DET fit a HKS metal head gasket. I think that was up to 390rwkw or 522.99rwhp on high boost setting on one car. Roughly around 587hp at engine. That might be another option for headgasket.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I don't know about hks head gasket

But i went for cometic,my block is being work on but I'm missing the crank collar to finish the block build,I hope my solid lifter conversion kit gets here with in the next week.Had problems with the crank collar no arriving and I,m so pis off.I can't belive this sow call performance shops.I told them to refond my money and forget about it.My only hope for finishing this proyect is the guy here selling crank collars.I just hope it works out.well see how good this collar is.my car is being set up for more then 700hp the best way for him to prove his collars.I already ordered the new fuel set up.so Im still on a waiting position.:x

Comment

help

Does any one know how to use a rb26 PFC on a rb25det?

Comment

Yes, but you don't have VVT. You could ditch VVT by fitting GTR cams + adjustable camgears, if your going to use solid lifter. A dude did this to his cars hybrid R33 RB25 head on RB30 shortblock and used stock GTR cams, etc.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I got 270 10.25 tomei cams for solid lifters so the vvt is gone.I think theres a issue with the maf since rb26 uses map.

finally I can soon get to work also had to change my fuel set up for a top feed high imp.850cc since there non high impidence 1000cc or 1200cc.to bad.changed my TB and intake to match my ports

Comment

more goodies

thanks PTD every thing arrived fast supercool.lol.Also my jun collar sow I was able to match them heres some pics.heres the kit I got.

and heres both collars.I'll be usig PTDs one to test it.the jun I'll keep it for a future proyect.

here the oil restrainer and a Tomei one.The gold colored its from PTD

right now there being installed as soon as I get every thing back I'll post some pics.
                                PTD I hope your stuff it's good man.The moment of truth has come.

Comment

Working...
                                X