Project: GTS-ST (twincharged R32)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: GTS-ST (twincharged R32)

i figured i should start my own project thread since i am now certain i am going to twincharge my R32 GTS-T

a bit about my car:
    1990 R32 GTS-T Type-M
    currently ~ 55,000km
    Apexi WS coilovers
    Apexi Intake
    Aliminum Rad
    FMIC (front spoiler removed)
    Front & rear strut braces
    GTR hood latch support
    Carbon fiber hood (GTR)
    Carbon fiber Trunk (no sopiler)
    Carbon fiber grill
    Sparco Rims
    turbo timer
    boost, oil pressure, oil temp gauges
    SARD EBC
    5 point roll cage
    transmission cooler
    a/c system removed
    carbon canister removed
    3" stainless steel catback exhaust
    HKS SSQV

parts to be installed:
    SC-14 supercharger
    HKS GT2530 turbo
    bigger FMIC
    bigger injectors
    walbro fuel pump
    fuel filter
    S14 throttle cable
    Oil cooler & relocation kit
    Side feed intake manifold
    80mm throttle body
    ViPEC ECU
    exhaust cutout
    full body kit
    Carbon fiber eyelids
    stainless coolant bottle
    dual electric fans with custom shroud
    EGT gauge
    second boost gauge
    wideband O2
    RUCAs
    FUCAs
    front lower tension rod
    front lower control arms
    rear lower control arms
    rear upper traction arms

continuing on from my twincharging thread:
    Hey Everyone! Got some parts for sale Updated Prices! Instrument Cluster w/ 300kph Speedometer Odometer can be adjusted 250CAD FIRM Socketed ECU (Scaled to 550cc Injectors) 250CADFIRM You can contact me by PM for more details Not really willing to ship Located in Burnaby, BC Thanks! Ren

this is what i envision for my project:

i am using a supercharger with an electronic clutch (SC-14 from a toyota 1G-GZE engine). the setup is simple by using a type of butterfly valve to keep the pressurized air from the supercharger from entering the outlet of the turbocharger.

the clutch on the supercharger will be controlled by a RPM window switch, allowing it to be shut off automatically. the turbocharger feeds the supercharger until the boost is greater than what the s/c is producing. the air is then passed thru the butterfly valve and the s/c is shut off.

1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
    1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

got my flapper/butterfly valve today. now i cant wait for the temps to warm up so i can start the project.

1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
    1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Cool....

Just like the BeeR S15 with 350hp -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
        Cool....

Just like the BeeR S15 with 350hp -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuJEXp-EKso
        similar, yes. but my s/c will be in the void where the a/c compressor was. that way the air from the s/c will go thru the fmic as well

Comment

cant wait to see it hahahaha good luck buddie

Comment

it will be interesting.
            good luck on the build! it will be worth it for sure

Comment

Cant wait to see how it comes out!

Comment

Awesome project! I cant wait the see the results.
                Where and how did you get your SC-14 from? (i know they are form the 1g engines but where would one say purchase one?)

Comment

Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina View Post
                  Awesome project! I cant wait the see the results.
                  Where and how did you get your SC-14 from? (i know they are form the 1g engines but where would one say purchase one?)
                  Japan or the UK

Comment

A buddy of mine has an STI with 800HP with sequential turbo's AND a clutch drive supercharger. He wants me to try a twin charge setup on my GTR....and I believe I want to do so.
                    This supercharger clutch you guys are talking about...can it handle high speed engagement?
                    For instance, coming out of a turn...revving 6 grand. As soon as I hit the throttle, I don't wanna wait for that GT40 to spool. Can the clutch handle the load of bringing the supercharger up to speed instantly? I'll be shooting for the 600whp mark...so I guess I'd be looking for a supercharger that would flow to around 800 CFM? Sound right?

Comment

so what happened with this project? did you ever get it started/done?
                      I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

yea lets keep this moving,
                        power enterprises has a kit for new gtr and sr20 motor to twin charge.

Comment

project is still going. i have most of the parts i need, with exception to the custom mounting pracket for the s/c. currently trying to find time to get under the hood and start the teardown.

Comment

started the suspension/brake upgrades:

Front
                            Upper Camber Arms
                            Lower Control Arms
                            Castor Arms
                            Lower Tension Rod
                            slotted/dimpled rotors
                            'yellow stuff' pads
                            brake lines

Rear
                            Upper Camber Arms
                            Lower Control Arms
                            Upper Traction Rods
                            slotted/dimpled rotors
                            'yellow stuff' pads

pics to come

Comment

Originally posted by GT-RJules View Post
                              yea lets keep this moving,
                              power enterprises has a kit for new gtr and sr20 motor to twin charge.
                              it was in a D SPORT magazine a bought, they also did it to an r35 GTR.. pretty effing badass. GTR had 4 methods of forced induction hhahah
                              White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
                              "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X