No announcement yet.

ARC240's RB20DET 240SX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and this is why this is canadas dopest 240.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Ahh, yes, that seems to be the problem with the v-mount; clearance issue. I was reading up on some v-mount setups S13s with v-mount setup on NICOclub, and it seems like most of them had to go through a custom firewall adjustment, except for one guy (at least it APPEARS that he did not do anything to his firewall to make it work). In any case, the engine bay looked rather tight. I will go do some more research about this, because I am also very curious about a v-mount setup, if it does work (without any modification to the firewall).

When is the next time you will be bringing the car out to a showroom? I would love to come over and check it out! Where are you located buddy?

Cheers!

Comment

• ARC240, thanks. Clears up what I have to do to get rid of the greasy film on strut towers, etc. I took a photo of engine bay and can see where the built up dirt is, thanks to the flash on camera.

I know what you mean about stone chips, have few on the hood, etc.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Hey Mark,

I have found an person on NICOclub who happened to have successfully fitted a v-mount setup with his RB26 in his S13.

Here are the pictures of the engine bay:
          1) i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/champish/1.jpg
          2) i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/champish/2.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have at least 15 posts, thus I am not allowed to post pictures. I left you the link so you can just copy and paste that into the URL bar.

Cheers!

Comment

• That's a really interesting setup actually, I've never seen something like it on an RB'd S13, kudos to whoever did it, if it works, cool, all the best. I personally don't think I'd run a setup like that on my car though, a little bit of extra piping never killed anyone and I don't know if the hassle of cutting out rad support and making new mounts for everything is worth the little benefits that a setup like that would create just to remove a couple of feet extra of i/c piping. It's also possible that that setup might not flow enough cool air through the i/c and cause it to heat-soak. Anyways, preference is preference, I personally like the front-mount setup & standard rad positioning, air charge and coolant are both cooling fine as is with the way my rad & i/c are setup.

Anyways, sorry for taking the thread off track everyone! More updates coming soon, finally got around to putting the car back together after a couple of modifications/suspension work and I'm detailing it today , pics should be coming soon.
            1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
            1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

• Touché Mark. I actually really like your piping that you've done on your S13. I can't remember if those are custom, or if you bought it like that...care to refresh my mind again?

I look forward to your next update! What have you been doing to your car recently? Any new updates, or just more cleaning & washing?

Comment

Working...
              X