White 'rine project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boot View Post
    Looks awesome! Good Job. I was just looking into painting my cam covers black myself so I was excited to see how it looks on your car. What kind of paint did you use and would you suggest it? Did you have to bake it in order to get the texture?

Thanks

Yeah you have to get high temp wrinkle paint.

I looked into red but too many Honda and SR20 boys do it so I passed.

Black turned out perfect; you just need patience.

Comment

• Glad you didn't go with the red, the black is classy.
      1/1_Scale
      パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• Just did the AN fittings myself! Looks a lot nicer than the stock plumbing.. Didn't go conventional with the paint though..
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• what size an fittings are you using? and is the stock plumbing threaded? I recall it being a sort of crimp fit, but I could be way off. Either way, looks pretty damned good.
          1/1_Scale
          パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• It's not threaded. Tap it with a hammer to loosen it up, then just jimmy it back and forth, or whack it with a hammer to pop it out.. If you want to fit threaded fittings, 3/4npt fits, just need to tap it and screw them in.. Not sure what Mike did here but you can get a collet type AN fitting that slides in, or grind the threads off a -10 i think, that's about the right size.
            Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
            www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
            Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
            Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• nice, thanks for the info.
              1/1_Scale
              パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                It's not threaded. Tap it with a hammer to loosen it up, then just jimmy it back and forth, or whack it with a hammer to pop it out.. If you want to fit threaded fittings, 3/4npt fits, just need to tap it and screw them in.. Not sure what Mike did here but you can get a collet type AN fitting that slides in, or grind the threads off a -10 i think, that's about the right size.
                Don't use hammer because you could crack your covers...

There's a member on here that sold these push in bungs for AN-10.

The problem with tapping into the covers would be there would be metal filings stuck inside cover and the baffles and could cause damage later if they decide to come out.

You can get the stockers out by putting a screwdriver through then twisting it out slowly.

Comment

• good points. I'll be sure not to force it as the idea of aluminum shavings in my oil is less than appealing.
                  1/1_Scale
                  パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• Yeah all I did w/ these bungs were:

1. lightly sand the bung interface to a polish

2. freeze the aluminum piece at -15C for 6 hours.

3. Run engine to warm state

4. oil the aluminum bungs and push in with wooden handle of my hammer.

Popped right in then seized perfectly as the bung expanded from heat.

Comment

• ahh, just like putting in wrist pins.. good thinking.
                      1/1_Scale
                      パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                        ahh, just like putting in wrist pins.. good thinking.
                        precisely.

cryofit ftw.

Now added chapters on page 1 for easier viewing for those who don't want to go through 15 pages.

Comment

• Attempted cam installation, but since I ordered the RB25 cams with 256, 8.5mm, I thought they would fit.

Exhaust cam is identical to RB20, however intake will have to be changed because the NVCS mounting is different from the typical 4 bolt cam gear mounting.

Now a good deal on RB25DET intake Tomei Poncam with 256 duration and 8.5mm lift is for sale. My loss is your gain.

I'm just gonna enjoy the holidays for now and not worry about the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
                            Yeah you have to get high temp wrinkle paint.

I looked into red but too many Honda and SR20 boys do it so I passed.

Black turned out perfect; you just need patience.
                            Thanks, I found some VHT black wrinkle paint for hi temp jobs. Turned out awesome! Just did three coats then slowly heated the pieces with a blow torch (I didnt have access to an oven that I could fill with chemicals from paint curing). And yes, patience is key b/c this paint takes about 30+ hours to properly dry. I also painted the coilpack cover though. Hard to tell from the pics if you did the same, but it looks good regardless! Black is defiantly more classy than red. Hands down. The fittings you put on the covers for the oil lines look awesome too.
                            89' Nissan Skyline GTS-T
                            90' Toyota 4Runner *winter beater*

Comment

• The red looks quite nice when done properly (high compression forged RB20DET project) -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• deleted the ashtray, ciggy lighter and blanked off all the holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X