No announcement yet.

RB20 project S14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another small update. Had some work done on my car. Had the rear subframe bushings changed, Installed my R32 GTS-T LSD and Axles, Changed over my leaking fuel tank to a non leaking tank, had the Zbrakes installed and 5Lugs installed. Since the car is running @ 15psi I'm going to take it home and do some more work on it. Turns out my thermostat is sticking now . I have to pull the intake manifold now to change it sad times. I also got some R32 GTS wheels from someone for my stock S14 wheels. They don't look too bad either.

vented hood and desert don't mix going to take a while to clean out all the sand that has stacked up in there.

Comment

Ok another small update since I haven't updated in a long time. I have been working out of state last 9 months so no much has been done to my car . This is bad and good, Bad that I didn't have a chance to muck around with it at all. Good that I bought more parts . Picked up the SPL suspension stuff for the S14.

Then I orderd pistons

Yeah missing 2 lol but that's because I'm building a SR20VET motor to replace my RB20. I thought long and hard about it and decided it would just be cheaper to build a SR20 short block and use one of my spear VVL heads I have laying around. This isn't the end tho because I'm still going for the gold with my RB20. I just picked up a AEM ems 2 30-6620 and the AEM meth injection kit this week. I should be back home in June and I will start installing parts and getting my car over to the dyno to tune the AEM and setup the meth kit. I'm shooting for 24psi on pump gas with the meth tank filled with boost juice. Duno what that will be could only be 450whp or could be almost 500whp lol. The head can take it since I put ARP studs and metal headgasket. Next update will be good or bad, I hope good 500whp dyno and vids.

Comment

great project! love it!
        the turbo lag is just the anticipation of the boost pressure

Comment

500whp on stock bottom end........ good thing your planning on replacing the engine anyway
          TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

nice intake manifold! how much did that run ya?
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I like.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                nice intake manifold! how much did that run ya?
                around 1300 shipped back in 05 from Nz.

Comment

Haven't updated in a long time so I'll try and bring it up to my super slow speed. I got the suspension all bolted up. Fortune Auto 500's with swift springs. 8k/6k spring rates on them.

going to go a little higher in the rear so I don't have any chance to scrape up my exhaust system.

Also cleaned the engine bay too. WD40+paint brush and paper towels.

Changed out the bulbs in the cluster for some super whites.

Changed out the boost gauge for a Defi link unit.
                  crappy cell phone pic.

changed the brake master from the stock 240 to the Z.

Got the right belt for the Neo Rb20de power steering pump

Latest is the wiring of my AEM S2 sensors and adding pins to the harness. All that is done, even got a spare CAS and swapped (butcher the AEM disc install).

This system is way too new for me so I didn't get it to start on my 1st try . I'm going back to go work on my car soon and think I know where I went wrong. Should make some smoke next time I hope. Once I get it to idle and start I'm going to get it registered so I can drive it around and get it tuned. Then I'll be installing the AEM meth injection kit.

I'm not trying to blow up the motor but I'm going to push it a little before I can finish up and swap my SR20VET into the car.

Comment

We have smoke, The AEM fired up after hours of trouble shooting. Injector timing set and it fired up better than my Stock Nistune ecu did.

Comment

Ok Time for a small update. Got the car to idle with the AEM and start up like it did on the stock ecu. Had a lean tip in problem but got it solved now. Took the car out for a it's 1st spin ever on the street since I have owned it. Hit 15psi with my super rich map and boy was it fun. I thought I had turned off the boost controller so I would be @ 6psi but I was kicked in the ass when the tach hit 5k and the rear end started to dance all over the road. Going to try and hit the Dyno this weekend and get the alignment done the week after.

Comment

what is your specs list for the engine?

Comment

stock bottom end only thing I did was pull the head off and installed Tomei valve springs,ARP head studs, Tomei head gasket and Tomei 270 cams. The turbo is a Precision SC61 the older version.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluerb240 View Post
                            stock bottom end only thing I did was pull the head off and installed Tomei valve springs,ARP head studs, Tomei head gasket and Tomei 270 cams. The turbo is a Precision SC61 the older version.
                            How is it? does it seem like you are pushing the internals at all and 400whp right? I thought 400 was pushing it for the rb20s stock pistons and rods. anyways i really like what you are doing!

Comment

I don't think it is. It's not much heat been made by this big turbo and the boost level isn't outrageous. I'm am prob going to install my meth kit summer time to make sure I don't kill my motor with the desert heat I live with out here. I'll have some video's up and dyno graphs up soon.

Comment

Going to try and hit the dyno tomorrow to get it tuned. So freaking too tired from work right now tho. The silencer is still in the exhaust.
                                I'll be sure to remove it when I hit the dyno so I'm not choking the **** out of the turbo lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X