No announcement yet.

Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope that Skyline is back and running for next spring! What does a Cefario come with motor wise? O.o I've never seen any at JDM dealers.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Rb20-t
      Originally posted by MKIV View Post
      Hope that Skyline is back and running for next spring! What does a Cefario come with motor wise? O.o I've never seen any at JDM dealers.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Sucks to hear about the motor...hope things work out better with the next engine!

Your friends got some sick rides too, saw pics of Liam's cefiro on his blog and its sooo clean. Too bad about his hatch, that thing looked gangsta

btw, added you on fb as well

Comment

wheres his blog? wanna see the cefiro??
          Originally posted by esh View Post
          Sucks to hear about the motor...hope things work out better with the next engine!

Your friends got some sick rides too, saw pics of Liam's cefiro on his blog and its sooo clean. Too bad about his hatch, that thing looked gangsta

btw, added you on fb as well

Comment

It's this one

Dorimoto

Comment

Where is that little dual garage??? absolutely beautiful shop space.
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

awww jordie im sorrry.
                i never even got a ride !
                im looking at new cars next week, maybe ill see you soon time.
                what is gonna be the dd?
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                  What does a Cefario come with motor wise? O.o
                  They come with a RB20 but this one will be....

"1jz no Sh1t"
                  Jordie Lewis
                  1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Hokay so.

Recently got some parts in the mail which, if were not facecrack friends, you wouldnt know about them.

Picked up this old (mint condish) HKS boost gauge from Adam@feast (best buying experience ive had) I will be picking up a matching water temp gauge when i have the cash. I have found one but its not a priority at the moment so Ill hold off on it.

Also started pulling apart the interior to figure out my climate control issue. The heat was always on, even when the climate control was off. Since the car is off the road, and i have ample time on my hands. I Also really wanted to deal with some messy wiring.

The car came with an electronic Greddy Boost gauge and boost controller. However they were wired up to the headlights and would only get power when the lights were on. Really Pointless. So Pulled them both out, and realized the boost controller was a old Profec A which has an "Overtake Booster". seems kinda rad so it will be wired in properly

Since i absolutely hate A pillar pods and gauges glued to the dash, I am gonna try my hand at fabricating. I have experience with this sort of thing from making models in school. it shouldnt be too hard, just time consuming.

This ones for an R32 id like to lose the ash tray and maybe fit the gauges down at the bottom

This example is from zilvia. I was thinking of either moulding them into the top of the shifter surround and then relocating my cd player of climate control to the glove box. either way it will keep my occupied and is something that doesnt cost a lot.

I am also on the fence about going RB25 or sticking with the RB20. both swaps are pretty straight forward. I am not looking to have a million HP, of run piles of boost. It is mostly a streetcar which will see the track one or 2 times a season. I am mostly concerned with the fuel consumption of the 25. Any input in good input
                    Last edited by S13Jordie; 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM.
                    Jordie Lewis
                    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

The 25 is a better platform than the 20 if your not going crazy
                      You will have very a very noticeable difference between the two with the same mods. Or rb30 bottom end with rb25 or 26 head and the low end power/torque will be intense
                      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Thanks for the input R33. I'm leaning towards rb25 for sure. but it will have to wait until later on in the winter

for the time being here is a teaser of the S13 maplight turned custom turbo timer enclosure.

Last edited by S13Jordie; 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM.
                        Jordie Lewis
                        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Not too much has gone due to a lack of funds. Looks like the car is going into storage for a bit. I got a new job and its a longer commute, so civic it is. going to look at a few tomorrow.

I am going to keep the car and rebuild it in the spring. I have pieced together some aero so maybe i'll even get the car painted and fix the ugly ass dent in the passenger rear.

Picked up some east bear mirrors and snabbed a pathfinder din pocket/ cupholder thing

Jordie Lewis
                          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Comment

I like.

RB25DET will produce more hp with similar turbo at lower boost level. Stock RB25DET with 550cc injectors, 255-300lph fuelpump, 3" exhaust from turbo, podfilter, BOV, Link G4 ECU with IAT sensor, boost control solenoid is good for around 322rwhp at roughly 10psi with stock turbo. I think that's with pushing the ECU tune to the limit's with fueling, timing.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

C ya later.
                                Jordie Lewis
                                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                                X