No announcement yet.

Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Ready to come out. Clip Should be at my house shortly so i can do away with that janky rad support (among other things)

Plans are RB20det With about 350 hp and 280-300 tq

more updates when parts show up and there is more progress.
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by S13Jordie View Post

Motor Ready to come out. Clip Should be at my house shortly so i can do away with that janky rad support (among other things)

Plans are RB20det With about 350 hp and 280-300 tq

more updates when parts show up and there is more progress.
      You should have no problems hitting those numbers I did it with no internal work and a Shitty tune.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

ya i dont see it being to much of an issue. I've got a decent list of parts on order. Not cheaping out on anything so it should be able to support that fairly easily. Ideally i just want to fix lots of the little things on this car and in the end have a clean reputable street car.
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Long time no update. I just bought a house so this might be on the back burner for a few months until i get back into the swing of things. Makes more sense than paying rent every month.

Car is still living in the container. The motor is out and the front rebar has been cut out.

The interior was taken out so i can mock up some more stuff to print on the 3dprinter and to allow me to fit in the bolt in cage.

Aero test Fit pictures will keep the dream alive until I buy my clip. *Sigh

I have picked up a couple parts here and there. I bought A carbon Velocity stack for my intake from Frankieman. Its been shipped to my parents house and they are on holiday so i havent had a chance to see it yet.

also got a really good deal on a pair of Tommy Kaira Rims for Dylan Sharpe. They are 17x9+25 and made from unobtainium. Since i am a sucker for anything rare and the price was right. i copped them.

I have found a full set in Texas, just waiting on buddy to get back to me with a price. If not ill source some on Yahoo auctions or something. As for now i just have a baller spare set of wheels.

The cage is IN and the tint is removed from the rear window (the worst job of life).

Until Next time

-Jordie
          Jordie Lewis
          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

dude what happened to the rad support lol
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Rad support was like that when i bought the car. Ive drilled the spot welds out and have taken the old rad support off. Will be replacing it with one from the clip.

Back when the car was in one peice haha
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Hey man I got a great business Idea if you are intrested shoot me a text.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

congrats on the house! I assume it has a six car garage for skyline winter work?? lol

Comment

Just read your thread. Good job. I like

Back on the road in springtime?

That 3d printer is pretty cooooool. Wish I had one!
                    01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
                    93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
                    95 R33 GTS-T
                    04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

Not really car related but just bought/ moved into my first home over the weekend. Lots of little things to do, painting and such but at least i am not paying someone elses mortgage now

It has a really nice work shop in the back where i plan on getting a parts washer and mini sandblaster.

Excuse the Gloomy Pic. we are in for a week of rain due to hurricane sandy.

The old couple who owned the house before me kept it in great shape. they were just retired and were moving out of the city. They left stacks of tools in the shed among other useful things ( BBQ Lawn mover, Ladders and such)

Skyline is more of a long term project now. I will buy my clip in the spring and build the motor and such in the Work shop here in toronto (saves me from having to ferry parts up and down the 401) I will have to either buy / build a carport on the side of the house (ideally) but thats not until next year anyways.

For now the car will stay locked up and secure in the container and ill continue the hunt for the few parts i need to complete the look im going for (thats half the fun right?)
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Congratulations on the home purchase / wise decision and have fun with it. It's fun to escape to the garage and work on a car in your own place. Long term project is great; that's the way I look at mine - it's not going anywhere and it brings me much enjoyment; equally to my son who at 7 has already claimed it. All the best.

Comment

Very nice Jordie! Is the house in Toronto or Brockville?

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                            Very nice Jordie! Is the house in Toronto or Brockville?
                            The house is in Toronto (South Etobicoke)

Thanks cdnleaf It just made more financial sense in the long run. The house seems like a mansion in comparison with the condo
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

very nice, youre close to me. if ever you need a hand with the car im always down to help...but I know you 240 guys roll in big packs so you're probably covered

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                                very nice, youre close to me. if ever you need a hand with the car im always down to help...but I know you 240 guys roll in big packs so you're probably covered
                                if you want to work on a car come by my place this sunday, we are pulling a motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X