No announcement yet.

Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes to moving to toronto! but that bit about "long term project".....does this mean the car won't be ripping next summer?

Comment

Originally posted by esh View Post
      yes to moving to toronto! but that bit about "long term project".....does this mean the car won't be ripping next summer?
      Most likely no. i want to do things right and restore the car to its former glory. This will involve paint, bushings and suspension. I will do my best to get it on the road near the end of the summer. I am in no rush to drive it, i just want it to be done right, thats the main priority.

Plus i am having fun sourcing rare/ hard to find parts

-jordie
      Jordie Lewis
      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

ahh, i hear you man. sounds like you're going for a very proper build. still sticking to rb20 i assume? engine, suspension, rare parts, paint...the whole nine yards eh. i'm down to help when i can with all that stuff. i'm hoping to throw on kit and get paint this winter too, gotta get funds first though...the usual after summer brokeness lol.

hopefully you're still willing to abuse it once all the rare parts are on!

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
          if you want to work on a car come by my place this sunday, we are pulling a motor.
          didnt see this til now skyline stuff?
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

The skyline is locked away in the shipping container for the winter and wont be worked on until the spring, sadly. However little parts will keep rolling in over the winter.

Picked this up yesterday, its on the way from japanland now. My old nismo wheel was a little more worse for wear and this new one cost way less than a refinish on the old one:

Ill probably sell this locally soon.

I am still looking for a matching oil pressure gauge to this (60mm), i am having trouble locating one if anyone has one kicking around.

I am also toying with the idea of getting another chassis. GTS-T's can be had for $4500 so it might be worth while getting a fresh, un molested car
            and transferring all my parts to it. In the end both cars would be essentially the same (stockish rb20) for roughly the same price, once you factor in clip, paint and other misc stuff.

something along these lines.

Thoughts?

Ill update as stuff comes in.
            Last edited by S13Jordie; 11-23-2012, 12:38 AM.
            Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Vision For 2013
              Last edited by S13Jordie; 11-24-2012, 11:06 PM.
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

I've read through your build thread, love it. the body looks amazing can't wait to see it all finished and painted

I'm also interested to see how your rb20 comes along! I don't really know much about them since I have only really done research on the rb25 since I had one in my s14.

Good luck with the build man, can't wait to see whatelse you have coming in for parts
                waiting till the states lets me own one legally...

Comment

Originally posted by RCKSTR View Post
                  I've read through your build thread, love it. the body looks amazing can't wait to see it all finished and painted

I'm also interested to see how your rb20 comes along! I don't really know much about them since I have only really done research on the rb25 since I had one in my s14.

Good luck with the build man, can't wait to see whatelse you have coming in for parts
                  Thanks RCKSTR, I caved lastnight and ordered A grey HCR32 Specific 260KM/hr Nismo Cluster. Will Post Pictures when it arrives.

Gotta prioritize my spending on the motor soon, but when rarities come up youve gotta jump on em
                  Jordie Lewis
                  1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by S13Jordie View Post
                    Not really car related but just bought/ moved into my first home over the weekend. Lots of little things to do, painting and such but at least i am not paying someone elses mortgage now

It has a really nice work shop in the back where i plan on getting a parts washer and mini sandblaster.

I have to say, nice build thread and that house is very nice looking (paint, style, etc), congrats.
                    Last edited by Skym; 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks Skym,

The house has defiantly taken its toll on the car build. I have been Stockpiling some parts tho

New (too me ) Nismo Wheel

Nismo Cluster Came in as well Now my car magically has 39k

Also scored these on ebay for 80 bucks. Comes with 2/3 sensors. Ill figure something out for the other one

The Girlfriend also got me a new kenwood deck so i can get rid on the double din nastyness

Ill keep updating as parts come in.

-Jordie
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Everyones been going nuts for these grey faced clusters recently...didnt know they existed before a month ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                          Everyones been going nuts for these grey faced clusters recently...didnt know they existed before a month ago!
                          My car came with a grey faced cluster from factory. this one is just a nismo 260km unit, different from the 180km/hr it shows from factory
                          Jordie Lewis
                          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Nice! Where did you source that; and what was the pricing? I'd like to have a black faced 320 for GTR but I don't know their pricing. Or what my tomei 310 is worth.

Comment

I got it from japan dyno and it was 163 shipped.
                              Jordie Lewis
                              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Picked up a Generic Front Mount kit to Fit the gaping hole in my bumper. Its a Generic Core and Piping Kit ( not really a fan of generic parts but it should do the trick )

Up until recently the plan was to repair the front end damage and getting a new motor by buying a half cut. Turns out that there arnt that many in Toronto and they are becoming quite scarce.

The previous owner had stuffed it into something and this quick fix was done.

So i bit the bullet and bought this

and ripped her face off

Problem half solved (sort of.... its -15c out so ill just wait until spring)

My importer got me thinking more of Rb25's. for not that much more money, you open up future potential. I know ive gone back and forth on this one for a while now.

Not to mention parts such as intake manifolds are 1/2 the price and there seems to be more aftermarket support as a whole. You also cant really go wrong with a newer motor.

Any thoughts? (besides emir lol)
                                Jordie Lewis
                                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                                X