Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
    Just from what I've found online in the last week, I wish I were able to hang with you and your friends Jordie. I just read both Oliver's and Liam's builds entirely. And saw santi's progress thread. Cool guys, and all my age! Rarity now a days.
    I didnt realize santi had a thread. anyways yea its a fun group of kids (although i dont see em much) . Liams car is a riot, and ollie has a crz now which looks promising. where abouts do you live? we should be having bbq's and such at my place in the summer when everyone has their cars out.
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Good purchase man, steal of a deal.
      Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Originally posted by S13Jordie View Post
        ...I settled on an RB20...

YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!! lol

Comment

• ^ Made my morning
          Jordie Lewis
          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Aw man when I saw you said you got an RB20 i thought you were going to keep the vintage theme with the motor too ^__^
            like:

or

Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• I cannot deal with that manifold. but getting finned valve covers would be cool. but they are rare X 3948320984023984023984
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

I didnt realize santi had a thread. anyways yea its a fun group of kids (although i dont see em much) . Liams car is a riot, and ollie has a crz now which looks promising. where abouts do you live? we should be having bbq's and such at my place in the summer when everyone has their cars out.
                Yeah I'd be down to come and lurk around. Wouldn't want to crash if it were just the group, I'd stick out like a sore thumb lol. I live in the QEW/Third line area.
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I cannot deal with that manifold. but getting finned valve covers would be cool. but they are rare X 3948320984023984023984
                  But the equal length exhaust manifold is what brings out that Hakosuka GTR engine racing sound (what makes the RB20DET-R in R31 popular) -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

R32 RB20DET is the derestricted version (no restrictons in intake manifold) and better version of that engine.

Z31 has a RB20DET with those cam covers.

Or probably can buy them from R31HOUSE in Japan (they have a whole junk yard full of R31's, including GTS-R and some they restore) -

SHIBATA R31HOUSE は、R31 SKYLINE を始めとした自動車の販売・買取、自動車部品関連商品の開発・販売、チューニング・レストア、レース活動、ラジコン製造販売を行っております

They make, sell a copy of that RB20DET-R exhaust manifold, but it's very expensive -

Ask Adam at Feast Auto Export, to see if he can get hold of some camcovers (in Japan) -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• I Was Referring to the intake manifold and cross over. When more cash frees up i will look into getting finned covers. But as for now i am going with HKS livery
                    Jordie Lewis
                    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Just scored this FINALLY

60mm HKS Oil pressure gauge. My setup is complete.

Came with the sensor but I might need to make a harness for it, but I can 3d Print a connector so it shouldn't bee to much of a headache

Gauge setup is going to be Boost and Pressure on the column (both matching 60mm units). I am currently in the process of
                      designing/ printing these

and Exhaust, Coolant and Oil Temp in the centre console (all matching 46mm units

I can finally stop. obsessing over these
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

getting finned valve covers would be cool.
                        Yeah that's what i was referring to.
                        The top mounted RB20 , might as well attach a hair dryer on max hot to your TB.
                        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• Hey mate, very curious how you got the gtr bumper to sit perfect with the gts fenders? Could you please shoot me a pm! I'm in a rut here

Comment

• Thats how Close i got it to line up. I had to cut a section out of the front rad support and make brackets that push the bumper away from the car (Would be helpful if i had pics.) they mount under the headlights and just hold the bumper out. Then all i did was pull the fender out ever so slightly to line it up. You have to use an OEM GTR bumper, Fiberglass copies seem to be way off in terms of fitment with OEM GTST fenders.

Hope that helps.
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Cant get enough of these gauges.

bought this set for a steal, they are brand new and came with all new sensors. The plan is to mix and match what i have for a nice clean set. Hopefully the weather warms up so i can actually start working on this again.
                              Jordie Lewis
                              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Finally got around to making this Gauge Holder.

Whipped it up quickly in solidworks

Did a quick cardboard mockup to make sure the radius right for the steering column surround.

It took about an hour to print it due to the flat nature of the part

And there you have it (Greddy gauge used as a mock-up. lol we all know whats going in there). We are getting a CNC router at work so once that is hooked up i will make one out of aluminum (part of my "training" ). The plan is to make a mirror image of that for the other side. Boost and Oil Pressure will be mounted on the column.

Cheers,

Jordie
                                Last edited by S13Jordie; 05-03-2013, 01:20 PM.
                                Jordie Lewis
                                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                                X