SBC R32 Beleivers only plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RWD_GTR View Post
    there is a couple skyline shells here in lethbridge at 4xtoys.

and i know ALOT about skylines you dont need to lecture me lol. the proper term is rb20. but it is 2.0 liter or 1998cc's.
    Not lecturing you just giving my reason for typing it the way i do, their is a couple shells here in calgary at japandreamcars i could probably get one for around a grand
    LIFE IS BEST LIVED SIDWAYS

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner but the most exciting way."
    "What is power without control?"

Comment

For a trans I'd recommend a 93-97 F-body Borg Warner T56 6 speed. The 4 speed is out dated and will severely limit your street-ability (4th gear is 1:1 so you'd have crazy RPMs on the hiway) it's also not a top loader style trans so the linkage will be a hassle to say the least, and the T5 5 speed that came in the 3rd gens wont hold any reasonable amount of power without it's internals becoming external. You can usually score a t56 for about 7-800ish in good shape if you hunt around, and it's proven to be a strong and reliable trans at the power levels you're looking at.

Comment

I find it interesting how you come to a Skyline forum searching for approvals and advice. Then you try to tell the people in the community that its a RB2.0. So then I guess I must have a RB2.6DETT and be building a RB3.0DET. I guess Mercedes must have missed the . when they named the E55.

You have an interesting project and you will have allot of people who respect the project you will also have a bunch of haters. To me the combo is boring. But I can respect the project because of the work that will go into it. Especially if the execution is well done and not hacked.

What would turn the car into a killer is 4wd. Buy mcflys trans adapter for the t-case that he had built for a turbo 400. build an adapter for a GTR pan, dry sump.

For the record its and RB20
        You can't fix stupid.

Comment

I'm siding with the nissan factory on this one.

but I support v8 imports and I hope your skyline comes to fruition.
          Last edited by drader; 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM.
          HeatBloom
          Street Style Since 2004

www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

Comment

vdub: I would actually really like to put a 2 speed power glide with a "minor" stall. that would make me happy. Speeddm: I didnt mean it to sound that way, all I was trying to say is thats how i type it. I myself dont find it boring hahaha just knowing that it boils some peoples blood is good enough for me! 4wd is a totally diffrent project!!!

Pics from before the block had a chemical bath!

More pics to come!!
            Last edited by BoostGetsYouLaid; 08-14-2011, 10:25 PM.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner but the most exciting way."

Comment

That setup will not make enough power to utilize a powerglide, are you only planning to drag race? Because having a 2 speed in a street car sucks anyway if you plan to drive the thing anywhere. If you're hellbent on a auto trans then you should at the minimum use a TH350, personally I'd use a slightly built version of the 700r4 the motor came with so you can have overdrive for the street...

Comment

Originally posted by needavdub View Post
                That setup will not make enough power to utilize a powerglide, are you only planning to drag race? Because having a 2 speed in a street car sucks anyway if you plan to drive the thing anywhere. If you're hellbent on a auto trans then you should at the minimum use a TH350, personally I'd use a slightly built version of the 700r4 the motor came with so you can have overdrive for the street...
                hahaha this car is deffinetly not going to be a daily driver (car meets and Racecity), Id like to run it down the track for a bit with the 2 speed then probably slap a T56, like you said, into it to and have some sideways fun!! PS. When the engine is finished it will defenitly be running alot better then stock

Comment

If you go 6 spd get a Viper T56 don't waste your time with other versions of the tremac. I have a Hutch Built TH400 with reverse gear,transbrake and everything else to go 6.90 sitting in my garage let me know lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FOOT View Post
                    If you go 6 spd get a Viper T56 don't waste your time with other versions of the tremac. I have a Hutch Built TH400 with reverse gear,transbrake and everything else to go 6.90 sitting in my garage let me know lol.
                    I don't think he'll have any problem with a 93-97 f-body T56 (that bolts right up with no modifications) behind a warmed over L98. It would still be cheaper to get a f-body trans and have it rebuilt with a viper 3-4 fork than to actually buy a viper trans for a sub 300hp motor.

Comment

Working...
                    X