Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 GTS-4 SKYLINE project! Possible damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man its nice to see that you want to save this from the scrap yard, I'm currently working on my almost writen of r32 gtst, with an rb25det swapped. The way i went was I called around the JDM shops around canada and found a front cut that they took the engine out of, so you get from the dash forward, (-the engin and transmition) and that should have everything you need for frame and rad support. Also the First rule for a smashed car is you want to get the frame pulled, to get the kinks out of the rest of the body.
    Also make sure your wind shield isn't cracked or anything, because the cheapest I could get one was $1,000 shipped to my door.
    Best of luck to you :P and post some more pictures, I'm interested

Edit: After looking at the pictures again, you will definitely need to get your frame pulled before you cut anything off.
    Last edited by Modb; 05-19-2012, 09:08 PM.
    Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Comment

Hey guys since Anthony seems to have sort of the same damage as me....i was wondering if it's true that suspension damage is almost impossible to fix? Im looking at a skyline that has been in a front end accident he said he only replaced headlights but it looks like he also replaced the upper control arms. Does that sound fishy since he said all he replaced was the headlights how could that be possible? And how can i figure out if the suspension is in need of repair or if it's fine?(signs while driving? and signs by looking at the suspension?) anything else i need to know when dealing with a car that has had front end damage?

Comment

Working...
      X