No announcement yet.

Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to work this morning, put my foot down to see if there was much difference in power with the extra boost. Turns out I need to change my clutch now lol, starts to slip when the boost comes on..... Oh the joys.😋

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Addiction

Time to tackle the clutch! Figured I would do it in my shed, just Incase I run into trouble so I wouldn't tie up a hoist at my local hobby club.

I have a up-rated clutch for a Na 300zx rock auto(wicked price and supposed to be 10% higher torque handling) and all the trans fluid from right drive. Still need to get a rear main seal, clutch pivot and still debating on a new flywheel.

Have her jacked up on axle stands high enough to slide the tranny back to swap the clutch. I left the ramps under the front for extra stability

More to come 😄

Last edited by future_R34; 01-16-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Drive shaft out, and trans fluid drained. A lot of metallic crap on the magnetic plug but the fluid looked new.

Then pulled the shifter. The bushing seems to have worn cause you can wiggle the shifter before it actually moves in the tranny.(maybe a nismo kit is in the future)

The inside boot was torn/cracked
        Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Starter and clutch slave off and wiring.

What a pita to do this in the shed lol.
        Anyway, got it out with many nasty words and help from my dad and brother.

After all the messing around we had, the best way to get it off is try and keep it inline with the engine, just be careful with the speed sensor against the body.

That's it for now, looks like I may have more trouble with my input shaft bearing

Comment

Spent a few hours in the shed and did some things. Trans and rear diff has all new redline heavy shock proof oil, Incase your wondering it's actually red 😉
          Replaced the engine oil and filter too. Fresh fluids in her so she's ready for the warm Weather. Still need to get a shifter and flywheel..... May skip the flywheel this year tho, I'm still saving for more power mods and the new clutch I have now won't hold up to anything much over stock so the trans will have to be pulled again at some point.

Comment

Working...
          X