• Show
Clear All

Will 10w30 be too thin??
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Nope, I was told by my mechanic (came here from Japan 5 yrs ago) to use 10W30 for regular driving, and 10W40 for track or racing.

I'm using 10W30 right now.
      Dave

Comment

I use 20W60 normally or 20W50 if I can't find or obtain the 60 weight.

It never gets colder than 45 degrees Fahrenheit here in Okinawa. During the 3 summer months it is 90+ degrees F with 90% humidity as well. A natural steam sauna for sure!
        BNR32 Owner
        Okinawa, Japan

Comment

RB20 tranny: 2.7L is this correct? can anyone verify ? thanks

I used Motul Gear 300 75W90
          Marc-André
          _________
          2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

anyone know what filter the rb20 takes ?
            PROUD OWNER OF HCR32-002960
            Co-Regional Coordinator for B.C.
            Does wayne brady have ta choke a B*tch?

Comment

240sx 1990
              Marc-André
              _________
              2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

i'm using
                nissan oil filter #15208-55Y00
                or
                K&N #HP-2008

A oil filter that will fit th KA motors in nissans will work also ie, 240's and small p/u trucks.
                I read instruction manuals in my free time

Comment

I'm using some weird one from Nissan... 53J00 I think... It says RB26DETT right on the box.

Part number doesn't cross-reference through parts master though (Japanese one).

I'll double check in a bit.
                  Race. Win. Live.

Comment

ok going to correct some stuff here as I just replaced all my fluids...

Tranny GL-4 Motul Motyl Gear Technosynthčse 75W90 3.8L
                    Front Diff Motul Motyl GL-5 Gear Technosynthčse 75W90 fill to hole (1-1.5L)
                    Rear Diff Motul 90 PA fill to hole (1-1.5L)
                    Transfer Case Motul Dexron III 2.8L
                    Motor Oil Motul 8100 5w40 (in the owners manual 5w-30 is the suggested oil but since its slightly modified the slightly heavier oil is used)

8100 is good for everyday driving however if you want to free up a couple extra horsepower use 300V as the friction loss reduction is greatly reduced I've witnessed independent tests first hand were 300V has freed up 5-7% more HP than mobil one and castrol "synthetic"... the 300V that you buy is the same exact oil used in the JGTC cars, they get the same can as you do :P, its just a little pricey but if you use it you can definitely tell the difference...

as for the reason why there is an additive in the Rear Diff, its because the front is an open diff where as the rear is not I believe...

The Tranny is not 4.1L, as i did this and it over flowed my tranny once i started driving (and you will have tranny oil spewing everywhere when you do your test drive :P)... from what we can see i think this is meant to be 4.1 quarts which is about 3.8L's :P

LOL this was a huge scare as i though i had some major leak in the tranny :P

anyways thats all past now and the car is running awesome hope this info helps people
                    Team TBA sponsored by YOKOHAMA: YOKOHAMA, Feast AE/RS, Titoboy Approved, Importfest, NextMOD, DSPEED.

http://www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "like" us #doWhatULove

Comment

will you rear diff oil work for a mechanical LSD?(2 way) I guess it should but I've change the tranny oil but not rear diff..
                      Marc-André
                      _________
                      2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be stickied in the GTR tech forum instead of the GTS tech forum? Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think that the GTS' had transfer cases or front differentials to worry about.

Comment

I know I am digging up old thread but as long as it is useful.

Anyway, I have a GTS-4. So should I be using the quantity of what Neal has mentioned? ~~ I think I do have transfer case and front diff right???ops:

Mav
                          In the end the gov't will do as they please and if they do kill the 15 yr rule life will go on, and we will find other cars readily available to pour our hearts and wallets into. The Skyline is a great car, but its not the only one. It might be a case of easy come easy go.------------- JZ

Comment

how do i top up the transmission and is the transmission seperate from the gearbox?
                            all i know is when i took the driveshaft off i had gear oil coming out so i was wondering if it is a standard if it still needs transmission fluid, yeah stupid question :hit_head:

Comment

is it safe to run generic power steering fluid??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl-gts View Post
                                is it safe to run generic power steering fluid??
                                Yes. I've used Gunk and it's been fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X