My SR20 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SR20 swap

Truth be told i was just going to keep this off the forums, but oh well.

Can't say i have the motivation to type up an essay about the mechanical intricacies of everything it's going to take to do this.. and well, honestly Anthony is many ways the engineer behind alot of this so..

If there's a specific question i'll answer it for sure.

Anyways..

Opportunity knocked, and I answered. A friend wanted to move a crower built 2.2L SR w/gt35r. The crazy doctor wingnut figured it be no biggie to throw it my car (since i wanted to complete my vehicle with proper engine, no tack-ons)

(there's more info on getting to this point in my project thread: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-proj...007-27596.html)

So thats what we're doing. Gonna have to modify the engine mounts, and jimmy the transmission brace a bit. Other than that i have a lightweight Drive shaft built by the driveshaftshop that i need to add some length to, and away we go.

Just spend a long weekend pulling old reliable, and putting in the new motor. spent alot of time yanking odds and ends to reduce some extra weight as well.
    ditched the AC and other heavy bits

here's a camera video. excuse the crude language, it that was shot on day 3. Lethargy & poor taste were beginning to take a toll.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Why didn't you just use a ka/sr crossmember and have it bolt
    in? I've heard of people doing this swap before. Different for sure

Comment

Cool project! Why am I not surprised Anthony had a hand in this...
      Whats next, V-mount perhaps?
      Originally posted by Z-Tuned
      Next question is: should I stroke it??
      Originally posted by Wingnut
      Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

i cant wait to see this thing in action
        Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
          Cool project! Why am I not surprised Anthony had a hand in this...
          Whats next, V-mount perhaps?
          we talked about it
          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

And.... lol
            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
            Next question is: should I stroke it??
            Originally posted by Wingnut
            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Now put the Neo VVL head on it and raise hell.

Comment

what kind of gains does the vvl head net on the det?

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

My friend went from a DET head to a VVL head (FWD). He dynoed at 435hp to the wheels @ 24psi with the DET head. With the Neo VVL head same turbo and manifold he made the 512hp @ 22psi. He ran the stock 2.0 neo cams.

Comment

goddamn!

Comment

Putting it onto a RWD block is kinda like black magic. More parts to deal with but Mazworxs is making it easier to do so everyday.

Comment

So list of things i have to do before I'm out on the road..

All the electrical
                        Find a an sr p.s. pump
                        some minor modifications to the transmission brace and engine mounts
                        drive shafts needs to be longer.

and then ZING
                        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Got the engine to sit proper on the crossmember (which i did end up having to swap out for a 240) last night.

So we're down to lining up the transmission, doing quick custom fit w/ the drive shaft, and then its wiring up time.
                          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

i cant wait to see this thing in action

Comment

I like.

I gather we are talking about the SR20VE VVL NEO head from the 2001-2003 Primera???

SR20VE VVL NEO engine produces 205 US hp in stock trim over SR20DE with 140 US? hp.

Have a look at the cams specs on the SR20VE VVL head (P12 in link below) -

1968年にチューナーで日産ワークスドライバーでもあった鈴木誠一が城北ライダースの仲間とともに「東名自動車」を設立し、2018年で創業50年を迎えます。そう、東名は「車好き」「チューニング好き」が集まって設立された会社です。

Alot more aggressive (nearly 280 duration on both intake, exhaust cams on high and slighly more lift) than SR20DET or SR20DE cams. Explains the peak hp increase.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                              X