• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rb20det coils

i have a few of the coils
    they are in good condition and for sale

Comment

Just did this on my RB20DET coils, my springs were all fine *sigh of relief*, I'm not going to throw these back on just yet as I am repainting my engine, but I can tell from first hand experience that a lot of crap came out of the coil. They all look sparkly and golden now...almost brand new!
      1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
      1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

ooh, another thing to do to my RB26 while it's down.

I've also considered putting small heatsinks on the coils to help with cooling them (coils perform best when they are cool!) since I found some heatsinks that fit on the top EXACTLY.
        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

What do you mean when u say

4. Tape your coils up just for a little assurance. i used electric insulating tape up the top, on the front of the coil and down the stem

Where should i tape from and how should i tape...like over the top, ot around the area where the rubber boot comes off???

Could i just use some heat shrink tubing around the stem to prevent cracking or does it have to be tape....
          Fraser Valley Imports.ca
          (The Detailer)
          We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
          Car Project: In The Making

Comment

I just took my cover off removed the big nuts and my coils arent coming out they seem like there stuck in the boot at the bottom where the spark plugs are. Should I pull hard as i can on the coil or am i risking breaking something?? It seems like everyone eles cleaning it theres just comes out. Am I doing something wrong? thxs

Comment

They should come put pretty easy, If you can rock the fromt and back 3 around seperatly you have everything taken off properly. Just wiggle it a bit as you pull. Not much to break in there, it's all rubber.
              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

thxs I just took the coils out look clean no red dust, but i still can only run 10 pounds or .7 of boost. I used to be able to run 1.1 bar now if i run 1.1 bar and go over 5,000 rpm makes a loud noise and hesitates n bassically shakes the car. I just changed my turbo to a RB25 Neo, Could it be my MAF or w/eles could it be thxs

Comment

it could be ur maf, or possibly not enuff fuel is being sent if u still have stock injectors and a stock fuel pump....but im no genius.

Comment

Gap the spark plugs to 0.8mm from stock 1.1mm and check the heat range your running. PFR6A should be stock heatrange for GTR with PFR7A the upgrade (change heatrange every 75-100hp). If it still breaks down, then it's the coilpacks. Most coilpack failures can be traced back to incorrect sparkplug heatrange or gap.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

What should the gap be at 12psi, stock turbo...?

Comment

0.8mm

Comment

Alright thanks alot.
                          I'm gonna be ripping at my coils tonight.

Im getting so much missfire lol
                          It sucks balls.

**** I hate having to take everything above to get to my coils. New intake? Must have lol

Comment

So do you just twist the rubber boot off to get to the springs, or do u pull it off?

Comment

im having some MAJOR misfire issues with my RB25, glad to find this info, but just curious in case, where can i get some coils if need be? possibly even the ignition control module?
                              Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

Originally posted by Rblove26 View Post
                                im having some MAJOR misfire issues with my RB25, glad to find this info, but just curious in case, where can i get some coils if need be? possibly even the ignition control module?
                                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                                X