No announcement yet.

10 psi bog sesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disregard the knock; I don't have one. I was just wondering the symptom of a faulty knock.

This slipped my mind before but, would a leak on the recirc. valve hose be the actual leak causing this? The guy who helped me with the b. leak test told me it should be fine because it's just air that recirculates back into the system.

So would code 54 only show up in the case where there was a transmission conversion? Or could that code show up for other reasons, such as an ungrounded wire somewhere?

Comment

It's the larger black hose that descends to the turbo.
      Last edited by chitrees; 06-12-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

What possibilities would cause code 21? Would a unstable connection from my crimping cause this? An ungrounded wire somewhere?

Comment

If you have a fault on the conversion install then one or more of your coils will be misfiring or not sparking at all. If you are idling normally then I wouldn't suspect this to be an issue. Any leak in your system beyond the MAF sensor will cause a lean condition that your o2 sensor will detect and cause your ecu to dump fuel to over compensate for safety. Certainly seal up that recirc hose and any other source of leak after the MAF.

Comment

The only thing I'm skeptical about is my 12v connection. It didn't fit as easily as the others so there might be some bird caging happening there. Everything should've been done correctly. Car idles fine. So if not the conversion then…what is the cause of c.21?

Comment

That 12v wire is common to all the coils so if it wasn't connected you wouldn't get spark from any of the coils. Unsure what to tell ya about code 21, I've never had a code pop up after conversion and yours appears to be functioning normally so I wouldn't suspect that. Have you tried resetting your ecu and starting fresh to see which codes pop up. That code 21 could be stored from back in your leaking coil pack days.

Comment

Originally posted by chitrees View Post
                Disregard the knock; I don't have one. I was just wondering the symptom of a faulty knock.
                Anything knocking against engine might cause knock sensors to report it as knock to ECU.

This slipped my mind before but, would a leak on the recirc. valve hose be the actual leak causing this? The guy who helped me with the b. leak test told me it should be fine because it's just air that recirculates back into the system.
                No. Stock BOV can leak above 10 psi or when the valve seat is clogged with deposits, spring has failed.

So would code 54 only show up in the case where there was a transmission conversion? Or could that code show up for other reasons, such as an ungrounded wire somewhere?
                If autotransmission ECU is removed or there is no transmission that error code can come on. Earthing at the auto transmission ECU plug can turn the error code off. Same with any sensor on the car, that when earthed the sensor error code turns off.

The autotransmission ECU is located just under the dash and behind the kick panel on drivers side of car. You'll need to remove the screws, then kick panel in bottom of drivers side doorway, then screws holding the kick panel on under the dash to access the auto transmission ECU, plug.

The ignition error code could be earth related (bad earth or forgot to attach earth). But if it was a bad earth, ignition fuse usually fails.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                X