Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
    yo what? it was fine thursday
    Ryan manages to destroy 5 new things every time he tries fixing his car. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Inline Slut View Post
      change it to friday instead...thats the only day I have off! please!

You should meet me and my Buddy in his White GTS-T

in the cascades Parking lot for a photo shoot..

Friday..

:-)
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Doh, I work on Saturday at 1930. Friday I have a day shift so I could come out after 1930 on my way home...

But I'll be seeing it today

It has my new intercooler in the trunk...yay! Looking forward to getting that bad boy and finally seeing and feeling an R33 up close and personal!
        Fraser Valley Imports
        Cars:
        1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
        1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
        2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
          You should meet me and my Buddy in his White GTS-T

in the cascades Parking lot for a photo shoot..

Friday..

:-)
          ok sounds tempting...what time?
          1989 GTR R34 Nur/T67(SOLD )
          DD 97 auto hatch
          waiting on the R34

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
            Ryan manages to destroy 5 new things every time he tries fixing his car. LOL
            LoL, it's funny cause it's true. See pics below.

Anyways, uh yeah SO Kelaog, you still going to take your GTR to the meet? Would I be able to hitch a ride if so?

Car as is right this minute >_<

It all started with the simplest f*cking task of just changing an o2 sensor. However, I was too impatient to wait and buy the proper o2 sensor socket tool and ended up trying to remove the heat shield to make space for a wrench to fit and snapped to bolts connecting the turbo the downpipe holding the brace for the heat shield plate. I've come to the fact that I cant remove the broken bolts with the turbo still on the engine so I'm currently in the process of removing it.

Downpipe removed

Almost done removing

I decide to leave draining the coolent and oil lines connected to the turbo so I'm going to do that first thing tomorrow morning and then I guess I'm gonna have to wait on new gaskets from nissan. I'll probably end up cleaning everything up and do a check up on the turbo while it's off.

Also, what the F*CK is this? I found it in the top of the pipe coming up from the rubber booty (that runs between maf and turbo) and to the hose that leads to the first pcv valve thingy. Is it suppos'd to be there?

It's like plumbers brush or something.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, I was really hoping to make this meet but my car has other plans for me now >_<

Comment

doesn't look like you're going anywhere any time real soon Ryan!! lol, that sucks. Been there...
              Fraser Valley Imports
              Cars:
              2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Looks like a boost restrictor of some sort.

Was it between the actuator and the wastegate arm?

Weird.

Ryan, I can't remember if that downpipe was stock or not, but you should replace it with one with a divorced downpipe or something . That would really make that thing sound alive!

Yes a ride out is an option, provided my car isn't hitting the bricks. If so I'll take the concord

Comment

I had a brush like that in mine to. I ended up running new nylon hose and threw that **** out. I think it's suppose to catch the oil in the air but I don't really give a **** about my rb20. Better off running a catch can

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                    I had a brush like that in mine to. I ended up running new nylon hose and threw that **** out. I think it's suppose to catch the oil in the air but I don't really give a **** about my rb20. Better off running a catch can
                    Oh dang, I have one for sale, Ryan lol, and... you get special pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
                      Oh dang, I have one for sale, Ryan lol, and... you get special pricing.
                      LoL, dude you have no idea how poor I am. I just bought a drill to try and drill those bolts out without removing the turbo and guess what, I couldn't get it centerd and ended up having to remove the turbo anyways. I have to see how fast Adam can get me those gaskets. Yes I'm getting new one's as getting the turbo off was a b*tch itself but finding out the gaskets are leaking and even the thought of having to remove everything again would ruin me. Turbo is off, I'll try and get some pics up.

Comment

Turbo out of the car before I cleaned it up

After cleaning up part one (not done cleaning but so far)

Comment

Thats a clean turbo!!!

nice work.
                          Fraser Valley Imports
                          Cars:
                          2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_RB View Post
                            Thats a clean turbo!!!

nice work.

That's just a taste of clean. It hasn't seen the wire wheel yet.

These are Kelaog's R32 GTR (RB26DETT) downpipes. One has been cleaned and polished. Unfortunatly I used up the wire wheel on it and haven't been able to finish it.

Comment

Nice! Thats looking clean Ryan Hows the repair coming along??
                              FVI .ca
                              "We arn't just Importers, we are Owners"

1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD :-(

Comment

Originally posted by TheKidd147 View Post
                                Nice! Thats looking clean Ryan Hows the repair coming along??
                                It's not!

LoL, I'm waiting on parts from japan. And I just got a job working graveyards. I'm gonna make my dad come and pick me up at 3:00 in the morning. I basically have to drill out those two bolts and retap the holes. Reasemble, add coolent, and take it for a spin, once my parts arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X