No announcement yet.

Official 2014 Skymeet West FEELER thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other cars welcome or strictly r chassis?
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

1) GTRSOAR - 1991 R32 GTR
      2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
      3) Phodonair - 1991 R32 GTR ( Maybe)
      4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
      5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
      6) Jon- 1990 GTR T88H

just correcting ho-sik mistake 1991! ( still need a final date to be decided to see if i can show up!)
      follow or check out my instagram kaywiin

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
        4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
        5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
        6) Jon- 1990 GTR T88H
        7) Owen18 - 1989 R32 GTR

Comment

UPDATE: Ok everyone, read carefully. The circle track at the Motoplex in unconfirmed for this year and we cant keep waiting for a date from them so we will be changing it to drag races. We have three options:

Option 1, June 8) Wine Country Drags: This is 1/8th mile drag racing in Osoyoos. A good condition track at on old abandoned emergency runway.
          PROS:
          - Low elevation at 350m above sea level.
          - A very well organized event by Wine Country Drags.
          - Diverse races. Anything from a Civic to a Supra to a fully built hot rod and everything in between.
          CONS:
          - The racing is on Sunday
          - We we would need to leave Classified Motorsports aroundf 8:00am. Racing goes roughly until 2:00pm to 3:00pm.
          - I do not remember the cost but I believe it was around $50/car.

Option 2, July 11) Thunder Mountain Drags: 1/8th mile drag race up in the mountains on the way to Big White.
          PROS:
          - Cheap at around $20/car.
          - It is on Friday night so people who need to leave Sunday can at any time.
          - This is mostly dominated by imports, but all types of cars show up to race. You get as many races as you can fit in that evening.
          CONS:
          - The races are on Friday evening so we NEED to leave Kelowna by no later then 5:00pm so people travelling from afar will need to leave early Friday, most likely taking the day off.
          - It has a high elevation of around 1250m. This will add about half a second to a sea-level run, however it would be equal for anyone. Race for the win, not the time.

Option 3, flexible date) Dyno day, car show and meet at Classified Motorsports. (Dynojet Dyno, see Classified website for info).
          PROS:
          - $85 for three pulls and you get a full color printout showing both horsepower and torque curves on the same graph.
          - Because this would be held at the shop we have many dates to work with.
          - The event would be on a Saturday which will give everyone all Friday to show up and get comfortable, and allow people to leave at anytime on Sunday. This event would precede an evening cruise and dinner Saturday night.
          - Much more relaxed, there will be snacks and drinks and we can watch everyones car does multiple loaded pulls on the Dyno
          - We would have a leaderboard of horsepower/torque pulls for everyone to challenge. With prizes.
          - We will be doing a lot of filming of pulls by request.
          CONS:
          No racing

Comment

I think option c is best honestly. Too many variables come into play with racing especially for people coming from afar. I doubt many people would want to race with having a 10+hour drive home after if something were to break. Track days happen every where all summer long i think skymeet is better suited to meet a bunch of guys and have a good time.
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Option 3 is the my Vote.
              Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
                5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
                6) Jon- 1990 GTR T88H
                7) Owen18 - 1989 R32 GTR
                8) basscheck23 - 1990 Gts-t

Option 3 would be best for me.
                Last edited by basscheck23; 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Option c. No one wants to race anyways. That's what the coquilhalla is for ;p
                  Last edited by cooke24; 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Option 3, mostly because you can do it on Sat. and keep it relaxed. Hopefully all the construction on Harvey will be done by then.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I say option 3 as well, much more relaxed.
                      Last edited by Ho-Sik; 03-13-2014, 01:01 PM.
                      91'- GTR - SOLD
                      94'- GTR

Comment

Here's hoping the kinks are worked out this year.
                        Again.. I'll be there flaming up the place in all my pink glory.

2) Ho-Sik - 1991 R32 GTR
                        4) Dah_Hunter - 1993 R33
                        5) Trav - 1991 R32 GTR
                        6) Jon- 1990 GTR T88H
                        7) Owen18 - 1989 R32 GTR
                        8) basscheck23 - 1990 Gts-t
                        9) Funnygas - 1991 Pink Gtst

Option 3 gets my vote.
                        Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                        --------------------------------

Comment

The event was planned to a T, the only 'kink' was all the flakers.... Regardless, if this event happens (Remember it is still just a feeler) it will really relaxed and fun.

Comment

I'd love to be there. Reppin' the dirty North!
                            Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

Add your names to the list then and repost!!

If we hit our target number then this event will be a go

Comment

People "flaked" when we found out we had to pay a track fee to attend and not race Which was horribly unclear... but... it's in the past.

Skymeet is a meet. Always has been. The successful ones in the past included a meet, cruise to destination, have a bbq etc. Maybe a dyno night the night before. It's a meet and greet for forum members. Shoot the ****, put faces to usernames and cars.

Lookin forward to this year's event!
                                Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                                --------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X