This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sketch View Post
    I think if you're willing to purchase a car such as a Skyline to drive, you're also willing to purchase the responsibility that comes with such a car. To drive a GT-R fast is dumb... especially with the new speed laws in effect. There is nothing better then having the kids at school say, "Is that a SKYLINE!??" but there is nothing worse then your mom saying to the coroner, "In the SKYLINE!!??"

You make your mistakes with your head, and you make decisions with your heart.

If you're going to be a Skyline, whether it be GTS or GT-R, you have to be willing to be responsible for your actions.
    very well put.. Now, not all young kids are responsible or vise versa.

So the decision is yours, be a **** about owning one or be proud and drive it responsibly.

Being a **** behind a wheel does not make you a better man than the rest.. You might have a 1001HP GTR, but if your a dickhead about it then its pointless.

Again, all i'm saying is if you know your responsible then go drive your dream car. Your age, gender, nor your sexual preference has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Yeah well.... im 15 years old, when i will have 16 ill make the exam for the... ahhh sorry lol im french and i dunno the word emm... for the temp licence ? i think it's callled like that in english and 6 month later i will have my licence if i can pass all the exams, my father will give me his old car a VW Jetta 10 years old. Last year i have went to DMCC and i have fall in love with drifting and skyline... Each day im trying to find more info on drifting and skylines. Like you say they is alot of young and stupid kids that want to show that they have the best car and the result is a skyline crashed. If i get a skyline one day i will drift / race only at the racing track near my house.
      Fred Girard Fan !

Comment

Seriously, dont make gtr's or any jdm cars look bad. I just turned, and i planned on buying a gtr. I drove a 1990 Nismo with 425 awhp, and decided that i shoud perfect my skills. I consider myself fairly responsible behind the wheel, but have had close calls before, and most were my fault. I plan on buying a new corolla xrs and modding it, so i get the car control down. Anyone have suggestions of $20000 new cars that are good performers? The new sentra is too much $, and I cant think of much else.

Comment

20k/.....new cars......id say 06-07 Civic Si with the K20's, they seem alright but it is Wrong wheel drive....i mean FWD...lol
          bah.....200HP/139Tq i believe outta the box aint so bad? :drive:
          .......GTRCANADA.COM
          Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

Wait, so let me get this straight: experience > skill?

Does this make any sense? A person who's been driving like ass for 25 years is somehow considered better than a person who's been driving fine for 3 years?

I think that alot of older drivers are "tired" of driving, therefore, they make careless mistakes like failing to shoulder check, not scanning the perimeter for cars, etc. I don't blame anyone though. If I was driving for +20 years, I wouldn't care about staying perfectly in the middle of my lane and whatnot, I'd just want to get to my destination.
            Legend of the red R

Comment

Ugh... hate how stupid young drivers have made all of us young drivers look bad...

I think it really just has to do with maturity/respect for other people on the road and even yourself.. there are just as many 30 year olds out there that suck at driving as there are teenagers.
              1991 Nissan Skyline GTR for sale - $10,000 obo.

Comment

:hit newb: your joking right?

what makes a Skyline or Rx7 from Japan any different then a USDM 300+HP sportscar?

bwhahahaha!!
                .......GTRCANADA.COM
                Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

agreed....if a kids gonna kill them self in a car, it doesn't matter what kind of car they're gonna do it in....it's bound to happen one way or another. I personally don't see how one morons actions would end up effecting our entire import community and make them stop importing vehicles from other countries, or take away already imported vehicles because someone crashed theirs like a dink.
                  Just me, I don't see any logic behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by 89Baysideblue View Post
                    :hit newb: your joking right?

what makes a Skyline or Rx7 from Japan any different then a USDM 300+HP sportscar?

bwhahahaha!!

Japanese sportscars (especially AWD ones) tend to be much easier to drive than camaros and mustangs.

which just makes his point even more retarded.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

I used to say I am "mature" as well. I was a nice respectable kid. After being in a few sticky situations I realized I had a long way to go. Now if I were to face similar situations a long time ago as I do now, I would probably have my roadstar insurance right now! lol

Just because you're young, and have a good driving record, does not make you a mature driver. To imply maturity is to say that one has reached full growth and development...I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen a few years after getting your license. Statistically, the chances of a young driver involved in a collision is much higher than 25+. This even after it is also statistically proven that the middle age group drives more than the younger and the older age groups. The numbers are higher for people in the 40-50's but there's also a much more dense population within that age group as compared to the 25 and under. There are a lot of 25+ morons, but statistically, the majority of morons are 25 and under. :P

If you drive safe, and within your limit, congratulations, that's awesome (no sarcasm intended). But to say that young drivers get into more **** is not a stereo type. If you don't like that, I will post statistics from BC to prove that.

No one is invincible.
                      Fraser Valley Imports
                      Cars:
                      1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                      1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                      2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by solid_88 View Post
                        Wait, so let me get this straight: experience > skill?

Does this make any sense? A person who's been driving like ass for 25 years is somehow considered better than a person who's been driving fine for 3 years?

I think that alot of older drivers are "tired" of driving, therefore, they make careless mistakes like failing to shoulder check, not scanning the perimeter for cars, etc. I don't blame anyone though. If I was driving for +20 years, I wouldn't care about staying perfectly in the middle of my lane and whatnot, I'd just want to get to my destination.
                        Seriously good point. New drivers may take risks, but they do shoulder check and what not a lot more than a driver with 25 years experience. I am 17 and i have never seen my dad who has been driving for about 25 years do a shoulder check in my life. Oh and randomly just to let you guys know, i am going for my N license this coming friday again.(damn icbc failed me 2 months prior for not looking both ways crossing train tracks).I intend to buy a Skyline in the future, perhaps half a year from now. Right now i am taking in as much information on them as i can to be prepared for the responsibilities that comes with owning one.

Comment

I think it comes down to knowing how much skill you have (or don't have) and driving accordingly - basically just being honest with yourself. That was the point I was trying to get across. And USUALLY it takes a certain level of experience/maturity to know that you don't have the skill instead of thinking you're Schumacher on Yonge Street.

I'm not saying this is the case ALL of the time and I'm not trying to talk **** about younger people (hell I had a Z32 at 18 and 2 GTRs before my 20th birthday) so I hope I didn't put the wrong message across.
                          Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR View Post
                            basically just being honest with yourself..
                            Fraser Valley Imports
                            Cars:
                            1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                            1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                            2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

People keep trying to make the GTR out to be some SUPER high maintenance exotic car. If you keep your car stock or near stock you'll be fine, parts arent hard to come by and theres plenty of used everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNR32 View Post
                                People keep trying to make the GTR out to be some SUPER high maintenance exotic car. If you keep your car stock or near stock you'll be fine, parts arent hard to come by and theres plenty of used everywhere.
                                I've lost count of how many GTR's owned by kids in St. Albert or Edmonton are sitting there with blown motors because they can't afford to fix them. Guy who lives across the street from my girlfriend bought a GTR in 2005 when they were still going for ridiculous money, paid 23K for it, and it's been sitting since July 2006 because he spun a bearing and can't afford to do **** to it.

RB26's blow up a lot more frequently than most cars engines. They are also a lot more expensive to fix, and have a lot more issues than most other engines. No, they aren't an exotic car, but they are a high maintenance car.

I had my car pretty much stock (catback, apex'i intake pods, still had the boost restrictor in) and it spun a few bearings. How many people with a Honda Civic at 94,000 KM's have just spun a rod bearing randomly?
                                1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                                It'll run someday

Comment

Working...
                                X