What was it like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bignate View Post
    its even better when u score a mines 320kmph cluster so u actually know how fast your car can go.
    LOL you lucky bastard, however I'm not too far off as my car came with a 320 old school NISMO. I'm too pu$sy to use more than 2/3's of it though.
    sigpic

Comment

First time i did a top speed run i thought i blew something up, oh wait, it was me just hitting the speed limiter, gotta get that outta there. what's weird is that my needle goes well past 180km (stock speedo) but by my calculation it wont go past 200km?

frig i miss my car.
      time to go work on it
      Tџяϊsмø

Comment

First real impressive moment with a GT-R....I wasn't driving, or racing, or anything like that....just cruising with on the way to the first major meet I went to....Skymeet West, 2006 I believe. I was on my bike (Ninja 600R), and a Nismo R32 passed me with so little effort....and I dropped a gear and my little 600cc engine was screaming to catch up

First time I drove one was test driving the car that I bought, about 1 year after the above mentioned meet. Pretty much stock so I didn't have to deal with the clutch issues you guys had, but the RHD did take a little effort to get used to. Most beautiful car I've even driven, and I'm pretty sure I will always own one. I intend to get a GTS4 (more likely) or a beaten up GT-R (less likely) for next winter.
        BlackAura (Kevin)
        1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
        2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
        1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
          nah he'll just swap over the bucket seat to the GTR.
          :hit newb:
          HEY NOW! dont give him any ideas hahahaha!

Who had that
          Crazy skyline at race City last Summer?
          id like to know how it is to drive his car for the first time...
          93 GTR - Sold
          92 4 Door - Sold
          90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
          2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

its even better when u score a mines 320kmph cluster so u actually know how fast your car can go.
            ppfff weak ,... apexi RSM is where its at .
            to bad it only goes up to 999km/h oh well ..
            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Always wanted a skyline since i was 10 , ten years later i found out that there in canada ! never seen one before in canada . till one day i was at work and my bosses friend pulled up in a skyline from that day on i went on a search , later that year had enough money so i drove 3 hours to toronto , Took so long cause of RUSH HOUR !! but i couldnt wait to get there , i remember going insane sitting in the car waiting to go and see this baby , so i finally get there and BAM there she is just glowing in the sunlight by herself waiting to be driven so i go out on a test drive the guy let me do what i want i was suprized he wanted me to feel the car and what it could do went out for maybe a 15 min drive and i was hooked , went back to the dealership and handed over my money and the drive home , took me 3 hours to get to toronto but only 1hour to get home i will never forget the drive home around 12 at night on a open high way nothing like it with a buddy following you in a car behind you

Comment

Originally posted by SxyBeast View Post
                Yes bignate, euphoric is a good word for the first drive in a GTR. But nothing compares to your first *cough ^^speed,,,runn&&&cough** @ 1 in the morning up north on a deserted HWY...
                haha on my drive home back to my province after buying my car i hit the speed limiter on an open highway... and passed a sunfire while i did it lol

Comment

my gts-t being my first manual car was a handful to drive. with the twin plate it had, it was damn frustrating at first... though I'd never be able to drive the darn thing.

but then I managed to drive it at night with the front bumper missing. that was the very first night. and it was a sligthy hazy night. I must say I got scared when the turbo made the wheels spin in 2nd, and 3rd.

I took it easy coming back the garage. but man did I have a priceless grin on my face that night.

my previous cars were a 1990 Nissan micra and an 1992 automatic cavalier so the drive was a bit different :drive:
                  Marc-André
                  _________
                  2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                  ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Im really happy to see how this thread took off. Its nostalgic thoughts like these that really add to the love of these cars and why this community/lifestyle is what it is. Yeah euphoric is a perfect word to describe. When my buddy showed up he handed me the keys and was like "Lets go" I was so excited that I forgot to take the parking brake off (he reminded me) You know how they say "Never meet your childhood heroes, its not as good as you dream" Im glad I did in this case hahah :-D

Comment

First skyline I drove was a gts-t that had about 250hp with the mods done to it. It was stabled, was fast, shifted smoothly, and easy to drive. Came close to buying it but decided to look around a bit more. A few months later, I'd came across a stock GTR and when I gunned it on a test drive, I was like "holy sh*t! and I thought that gts was quick." The engine was bone stock and to think how much faster it can be with a few simple mods done to it. I was like "I'm buying this car". The only thing that gave me a hard time (still occasionally) is it came with a twin plate clutch setup on a stock motor which was quite a learning curve for me. For such a old performance car, I was very impress in what the r32's had to offer.

Comment

When i picked up my GTR I had to drive it back home from Edmonton. Since I live about 8 hours north I had a great chance to get used to the RHD and the manual shift (first ever std car). Dad was ahead of me in his G6 and I remember teasing him a bit. I would fly by him, let him catch up then take off on him again. The power was so amazing!! I could do whatever I wanted. Its like I would think about doing something, hit the gas or turn and i was instantly there. The cars response was something I'll never forget. :-D

Also the 180km/h speedo isn't nearly high enough. Its a pretty wicked feeling when you see the needle almost all the way back to he pin.
                        Ryan :drive:

Comment

Liar you drove mine first, and others before that...
                          i drove one wine red one but it had issues, yours I drove but i didnt really drive for fear of breaking it this is the one i DROVE
                          You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.R View Post
                            i drove one wine red one but it had issues, yours I drove but i didnt really drive for fear of breaking it this is the one i DROVE

haha even when I told you to drive it like I do. hmm Wine red GTR with issues, I wonder who that could be.....

Comment

Originally posted by SxyBeast View Post
                              Yes bignate, euphoric is a good word for the first drive in a GTR. But nothing compares to your first *cough ^^speed,,,runn&&&cough** @ 1 in the morning up north on a deserted HWY...
                              my first time with my skyline was amazing, after dreaming aobut owning one for 4 yrs now i finnaly saved enough money and a month before my 18th i bought it.
                              i was so amazed at how touchy the brakes and steering was and drove it super nice for 2-3 months then opened her up on a deserted HW at 3 in the morning and got my first ticket for it lol.
                              im just unlucky.

but definatley a time to remeber

Comment

Originally posted by nat View Post
                                :hit newb:
                                HEY NOW! dont give him any ideas hahahaha!

Who had that
                                Crazy skyline at race City last Summer?
                                id like to know how it is to drive his car for the first time...
                                My first time in a Gtr was in Ryan's. Very quick car!! I think his name is snatch on the forums

Comment

Working...
                                X