Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ztune @ Pinks All Out - Kent Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I froget who makes it but there are kits to fit a 3 speed gm tranny to a rb26. If I were building a purpose built dragline it would be rwd + 3 speed auto.

Not only do the auto's shift faster but you keep boost through your shifts.

Oh yeah for the love of GOD make sure this car is properly built. I do not want to see him breaking and giving skylines a bad name.

Comment

ATI does a kit. There are a couple places in Australia that do them. If you are drag racing, and want to win at drag racing, then the auto trans is the way to go. The car will be fastest A-B than any other trans you put in it that costs less than the price of a new R35 GT-R.

You can still run it all wheel drive, which again isn't best for drag racing, but I like it.

After the trans, a real tire, and real suspension. Otherwise you are just out playing with a street car.
      Sean Morris

Comment

Auto trans are awesome with a huge single. Nothing better than holding boost through shifts!
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
        1969 Cooper S. Restored
        1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Its a good thing this build doesnt have a budget at all.. hahaha

Comment

Auto transmission? Too easy! And an auto isn't the only way to hold boost through shifts

This car isn't going to be a purpose-built drag car...we're not looking to break any GT-R 1/4 mile records...this time anyways! It is a street car, and it is being tuned to run in a certain bracket.

Should be a lot of fun to see what Andrew's street car can do!!!
            FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
            - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

Nice!!!!!

It's the week after HotNite. I'm so there, I've been looking for an excuse to go to Pinks All Out for two years now. A Canuck in a GTR would so be TV and interview worthy. Better brush up on your interviewing skills Andrew, hope to see you in Kamloops the week before the race. Run consistant and don't break down.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                Nice!!!!!

It's the week after HotNite. I'm so there, I've been looking for an excuse to go to Pinks All Out for two years now. A Canuck in a GTR would so be TV and interview worthy. Better brush up on your interviewing skills Andrew, hope to see you in Kamloops the week before the race. Run consistant and don't break down.

Jon.
                the drive up to the loops would be a good break in for the engine...

btw i should have PM'ed you...i was in kamloops this weekend!!
                Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                (The Detailer)
                We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
                Car Project: In The Making

Comment

I have a feeling the plans for Andrews build will be kept pretty quite as it seems every time he says "shhh" about something people make it news the next day.

Either way I know he won't be going ill prepared, he spent a lot of time and effort getting himself into this event and I know he'll be heading there 100% ready to do some dragging. Hopefully Tomei will step up and help out as he loves the brand and the history they have with GTR's on the other side of the Pacific.

Comment

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the new version of Andrew's GT-R back on the streets very shortly!

Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

- 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

so what bracket are you aiming for?
                      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by sexonwheels View Post
                        ...If I'm not mistaken mcfly is running an auto on his GTR.
                        He's working on it.

Comment

Cool...
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM@Ztune View Post
                            I have a feeling we'll be seeing the new version of Andrew's GT-R back on the streets very shortly!

Keep an eye on this thread for updates!
                            can't wait to see how this project is going to turn out!
                            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                              so what bracket are you aiming for?
                              Wait and see

- 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM@Ztune View Post
                                The one that gets on TV
                                chances are you are gonna be on TV anyways...
                                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                                \'90 GTR32

Comment

Working...
                                X