R32 wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are ALLLLL forgetting this:

You want all year round? Buy a beater one of these, and pop in an SR20DET.

You can tinker with it, and blow the socks off of modern cars. :wink:
    ├┼┼╕
    246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

While I'm on the subject of Corolla Wagons...

Same car, but rocking SSR Longchamps rather than the Diamonds in the first pic.

However, I DO like the premise of Volvo wagons...
      Originally posted by Shadao
      All i could do was shake my head and say" Like a fine wine that has aged over the years and was taken care of will be a much nicer drink than one that was bottled yesterday."
      Again he said, "still though its a 20yr old car"
      New Civic vs. Old Skyline
      ---
      My Ride: 1986 Toyota Cressida

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
        I was lazy and posted up a pic of a modded E61..I think by Hamann. Lots of people don't agree with Bangle's designs, but you can't argue with an F1-inspired V10 and 7-spd. sequential manual..and for ***** sake, it's all in a station wagon.

Probably faster than any Audi RS estate in production.
        What about the (Euro only) RS6 with its twin turbo lambo V10? I'm pretty sure thats faster...
        sigpic

Comment

what kind of rims are on that first toyota?

i still think the legacy is the best bang for your buck wagon
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
            what kind of rims are on that first toyota?

i still think the legacy is the best bang for your buck wagon
            Mentioned it. Diamond Racing wheels, I think they're 15x10 -0. They look good on pretty much any 80's Toyota, I've seen them look really good on Cressidas and AE86's. And they're damn cheap too, at around 80-100 US per wheel, barring shipping and steel surcharges.
            Originally posted by Shadao
            All i could do was shake my head and say" Like a fine wine that has aged over the years and was taken care of will be a much nicer drink than one that was bottled yesterday."
            Again he said, "still though its a 20yr old car"
            New Civic vs. Old Skyline
            ---
            My Ride: 1986 Toyota Cressida

Comment

Originally posted by FormerVDubber View Post
              What about the (Euro only) RS6 with its twin turbo lambo V10? I'm pretty sure thats faster...
              RS6-572bhp V10
              E60 M5-5.0L V10/7-spd. SMG III semi-automatic sequential, 507bhp.

RS6 0-62MPH: 4,6s
              M5 0-62MPH: 4,5s (launch control)

RS6 0-100MPH:10,4s
              M5 0-100MPH:10,1s

Both are electronically limited at 155MPH.
              Limiter removed:

RS6: 170.3MPH
              M5: 193MPH

M5 also has better driving dynamics and handling characteristics. M5 wins in every category..besides looks.
              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

yeah, I don't have 30 grand to blow.

Only like, 5.
                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Realistically, it's Legacy Turbo or E34 Touring. I'd take the classier choice, but the Legacy Turbo is definitely competent. Both are in the same price range.

Both aren't completely outdated like some of the other options posted.
                  Reasonably quick as well and not FF. They're not cars that you'd be embarassed to be seen in..

And they're good year round.

Comment

And "stretch" targets would be VW passat 4motion wagon (they exist but tend to be pricey, and I hate vw's)

And the 2002+ impreza/wrx.

To be honest a legacy wagon sounds better to me than the E34. E34 wins in the classyness department hands down but subaru reliability and AWD edge it out.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos
                      Realistically, it's Legacy Turbo or E34 Touring. I'd take the classier choice, but the Legacy Turbo is definitely competent. Both are in the same price range.

Both aren't completely outdated like some of the other options posted.
                      Reasonably quick as well and not FF. They're not cars that you'd be embarassed to be seen in..

And they're good year round.
                      +1 couldnt have said it better my self
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Nissan made a R31 station wagon (WFJR31) -

[Option's official website] Japanese tuning car industry magazine, latest DVD trailers, latest D1 Grand Prix info, online shop.

But wouldn't mind this R35/Stagea with a supercharged Titan 5.6 litre V8 -

Nothing like the sound of a supercharged Titan V8 -

5.4L Nissan Titan V8 swapped Infiniti G35 with a blower. Drifting at Turner Field in Atlanta, GA.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

GO PIKACHU! I CHOOSE YOU!

├┼┼╕
                          246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

R31 wagon at auctions -

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

But I like the R32 ute look with R34 front conversion -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

E34's are very reliable as well. The M30 in the 535i is pretty much bulletproof, indestructable. But you know that from experience. Still one of the most reliable BMW's ever produced. The FR layout isn't that bad in the winter. The previous owner drove all the way to Kelowna with it in the middle of winter IIRC. E34's last a long, long time.

The Legacy is a fine choice, but for 5k, the examples I've seen on CL are very questionable.

Newer WRX's really can't really be had for your planned budget, but there are a few very nice older WRX's and Evo's on CL..not wagons of course, but still AWD and in the 6-8k range. Just something to consider.

Comment

I've found a local WRX with a rebuilt title for $5500.. seems like it might be a pretty good deal.

An older impreza outback sport wouldn't be bad (mid/late 90's) - but they have a really bargain basement interior. And small wheels, crappy brakes etc - They're more of an economy car than a sporty car, when compared to the 02+ cars.

E34's are super temping alright. wonder if I can find one in silver with a black leather interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X