Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
    RS6-572bhp V10
    E60 M5-5.0L V10/7-spd. SMG III semi-automatic sequential, 507bhp.

RS6 0-62MPH: 4,6s
    M5 0-62MPH: 4,5s (launch control)

RS6 0-100MPH:10,4s
    M5 0-100MPH:10,1s

Both are electronically limited at 155MPH.
    Limiter removed:

RS6: 170.3MPH
    M5: 193MPH

M5 also has better driving dynamics and handling characteristics. M5 wins in every category..besides looks.
    Fair enough...good thing the 5 series will be replaced with a non bangle design soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FormerVDubber View Post
      Fair enough...good thing the 5 series will be replaced with a non bangle design soon.
      QuietChaos, you're wrong. With the limiter removed, the BMW M5 is able to hunker down up to a full 207MPH.
      ├┼┼╕
      246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

http://www.jdm-option.com/archives/f...0s_06.html#002

R31 wagon featured in option magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by CDGuy View Post
          QuietChaos, you're wrong. With the limiter removed, the BMW M5 is able to hunker down up to a full 207MPH.
          Even better, case and point.

And holy hell, that's ridiculous. Especially for a bloody sedan. 207. I have chills, man.

Audi has been embarassed.

F10 5er will be here in a year or so, M5 should follow soon after, the F10 is a much cleaner design than the current E60.

Edit: Here's one M5 that did 211. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxSHzaw47E
          03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
            I've found a local WRX with a rebuilt title for $5500.. seems like it might be a pretty good deal.

An older impreza outback sport wouldn't be bad (mid/late 90's) - but they have a really bargain basement interior. And small wheels, crappy brakes etc - They're more of an economy car than a sporty car, when compared to the 02+ cars.

E34's are super temping alright. wonder if I can find one in silver with a black leather interior.
            Don't buy an Outback. Simply because of the image that goes along with it..
            Or a Forester/Baja for that matter, regardless of the price.

Better off with WRX or Legacy in that case, no risks.

Comment

so yeah, those new M5's are ridiculously fast. damn.

sure wish they came in a wagon :P
              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Terrh: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1349950125.html

Manual, LSD, Touring..what more could you ask for?

It's only 3500..but it's in Portland.

Comment

I could ask for it not to be in portland :P

that's a sweeeeeet E34 though.
                  1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag

Comment

Besides being in the US, it would've been pretty ideal. Fun to drive and cheap, too.

Comment

if that car was local chances are pretty good that it would be in my driveway already.

Less miles would be aplus too but whatever, my old BMW had like 330,000+ and aside from having low oil pressure at idle it was fantastic. I beat the snot out of it every single day on my commute to work (like, literally as fast as it would go there and back, 200+km/h) and it never gave me any trouble.

Comment

I think Nissan Avenir in Japan has a SR20DET, 4wd -

and

Nissan Avenir GT4_SSR20DET (W11)K&N Pod Filter2.5" Big Bore

Manual conversion (they say from GTi-R or U13) -

Wouldn't be hard to get 400hp out of the SR20DET.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                          if that car was local chances are pretty good that it would be in my driveway already.

Less miles would be aplus too but whatever, my old BMW had like 330,000+ and aside from having low oil pressure at idle it was fantastic. I beat the snot out of it every single day on my commute to work (like, literally as fast as it would go there and back, 200+km/h) and it never gave me any trouble.

Miles on E34's aren't really that relevant, E34's live forever. With the exception of the Nikasil 540i. M30 is pretty much bulletproof and the 2.5 is reliable as well.

I can't wait to get back in my Bimmer.

Comment

I looked at a local roadmaster wagon today but I think they're going to want a fortune for it.

Unless I get that, I'm almost dead set on an impreza now. Or find something else local and kick-ass.

Comment

the avenir is neat but doesn't come in stick or turbo... they're mutually exclusive.

By the time I got one winter would be over, too, what with importing time delays. And it's probably over budget.

I'm not sure the pulsar trans would be compatible?

It says they use attessa AWD, the pulsar is a conventional setup, non-attessa. so that might be an issue doing the trans swap.

Either way, it seems like an unlikely route for me to take right now.

Comment

The Nissan Bluebird (U13) or known as the old Nissan Avenir had SR20DET, ATTESSA, manual transmission option. Manual transmission could be from that Bluebird which is said to have similar drivetrain to GTi-R -

I think it's called Nissan Ultima in the US, but doesn't have 4wd, etc. Maybe someone imported a Nissan Bluebird to the US and registered it under Nissan Ultima???
                                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                                X