Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a case of Royal Purple; Which grade ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run Royal Purple 10 w40 In the summer when racing i defiantly can see its needed it on the pressure gauge with the high flow fuel pump. It stays thicker and protects better when pushing things hard on the track.

I also run Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 in my tranny and diff. Works amazing!!! Less gear noise and when you pull the plug on the magnet very little filings compared to running conventional

Comment

LOL hahahaha I wish I posted this earlier when I saw this post pop up a few days ago but i knew this topic would be like, well.......

hahahahahaha
      sigpic

Comment

lol well played

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
          3400lb racing weight and 127.72mph in the quarter at 1.2bar (1.5 feels at least 50hp more) works out to 510 WHP. At 1.5bar I`m at least 600hp at the crank. That`s being concervative too.

Jon.
          no sheet no power

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
            no sheet no power
            no sun no flowers.

hate to hijack the thread too much but done any one run any additives with there oil?
            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
              no sun no flowers.

hate to hijack the thread too much but done any one run any additives with there oil?
              LOL....

I also run a 500ml bottle of GM EOS, you can get it at any Lordco or GM dealership. It is the same additive package as what would be in a race spec oil and is only $8 a bottle. Even the diesel oil has gotten soft in the last 3 years on the zinc and whatnot in a bid to improve emissions.

Made my valve train about half as loud as it was with the 10w30 Mobil1 that was in there from the importer that I bought the car from. Even when temps are at their hottest in the 35deg heat of summer my oil pressure is always nice and strong at idle. It takes just as long to warm up as the light stuff and it only takes about 2 min for the water temp to be at 1/4 and the oil temp. to start to move, once that happens you are clear to beat the snot out of her.

Shell Rotella T 10w40 with 500ml of GM EOS and 200ml of Lucas Oil Sup. keeps her nice and slick for 1/4 the price of RP and the like.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                LOL....

I also run a 500ml bottle of GM EOS, you can get it at any Lordco or GM dealership. It is the same additive package as what would be in a race spec oil and is only $8 a bottle. Even the diesel oil has gotten soft in the last 3 years on the zinc and whatnot in a bid to improve emissions.

Made my valve train about half as loud as it was with the 10w30 Mobil1 that was in there from the importer that I bought the car from. Even when temps are at their hottest in the 35deg heat of summer my oil pressure is always nice and strong at idle. It takes just as long to warm up as the light stuff and it only takes about 2 min for the water temp to be at 1/4 and the oil temp. to start to move, once that happens you are clear to beat the snot out of her.

Shell Rotella T 10w40 with 500ml of GM EOS and 200ml of Lucas Oil Sup. keeps her nice and slick for 1/4 the price of RP and the like.

Jon.

Thanks Jon, I was looking into it after that conversation @ the meet and I will try this out for my next change. If it works for your beast, it better work for my baby.

I'm a solid RP fanboi and I am seriously considering this.

Comment

i run RP in all my vehicles now, have absolutely zero complaints.

Comment

I was trying to find a sticky on gtr.co.uk i remember reading that the oilman posted regarding RP oils being not that great... he said to spend the extra money to get an ester based oil for your engine like motul 300v or Silkolene Pro S.

found the sticky:

Some really good info on oils!

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                      I was trying to find a sticky on gtr.co.uk i remember reading that the oilman posted regarding RP oils being not that great... he said to spend the extra money to get an ester based oil for your engine like motul 300v or Silkolene Pro S.

found the sticky:

Some really good info on oils!
                      yay! looking for that too. thanks
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by love_boost View Post
                        i think royal purple is garbage.
                        amsoil wayyyy better.
                        i would do 10 30 myself.
                        lol.

typical GTRC.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                          dyno sheet or lies

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by king_cobra View Post
                            so does any partsource
                            I was just at JRP and they have a nice big stand of it there, I grabbed this little booklet with all this neat info!
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

http://www.gtrpwr.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=767

Real information scientifically comparing oils.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Ran View Post
                                http://www.gtrpwr.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=767

Real information scientifically comparing oils.
                                Yep that's the one. It just sucks it didn't compare amsoil, I would of liked to see the difference with RP.
                                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                                X