• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jessem
    replied
    Jacking up is never an issue
    a) i can remove my fornt bumper in 3 minutes
    b) i have 2x6's stacked and nailed together that i can pull up on

last summer i daily drove my car for 5 months, no issues, take drive ways slow and keep an eye peeled for large bumps(which should be done anyways) as stated the roads here arent like japan but if you pay attention a low car can be driven without issue. If that is what your into, falcon and skym i know you like your set ups so im not directing this at you, nor do i disagree with your decisions, its personal preference right?

Although i do like what c-unit said, its cool to have a low set up but with the right parts to maintain all the good handling theres nothing wrong with slamming it.

Side note, i think i remember reading the white takata r34 maybe???? was running drop spiindles to get it lower (obvisously not a street car though)

Leave a comment:

• support@feastauto
    replied
    This thread is a joke. Just close it now. This issue will never be resolved.

The way I see it there are 3 sides to this fight...One side you have the people who like the low look, don't give 2 ****'s about scraping exhaust, don't car about the geometry being slightly messed up.

On another side you have the track/lapping dudes, with fairly low cars, but wider tires, grip orientated. Guys in the know, that understand what's going on when they lower their car.

Then you have the 3rd side. No real clue about anything, low cars are impractical attitude, my 4x4 height looks great and perhaps isn't high enough. I bought my Skyline to be a part of a growing trend etc, type of guys.

/thread.

- Eric.

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    Thats what I'm afraid of here. I mean everywhere in Canada has bad roads to my understanding.

I still want to lower my car a bit more, but if I do I won't be able to get it on my dads hoist. I will just have to jack it up my hand then put the arms under the car

Leave a comment:

• love_boost
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow View Post
    ^^^ Lol that's what the guys at Ztune have to do with my car, pull it onto blocks.

**** I can't even pull it onto ramps in my driveway to do a god damned oil change myself. My low height jack only fits under the car if I turn the wheels all the way to one side and stick it in the wheel well.

Low cars can be sexy. But you pay the price. I guess in this instance I'm a cheap son-of-a-bitch. It's going up an inch.

BC240 can cry all they want about it. Too bad it's my car <insert middle finger emoticon>
    yeah low cars a **** to work one.
    the skyline with my 4x4 satus i can do lots without lifting it off the ground, im a skinny kid, but the fairlady is stupid low, got high centered and almost ripped exhuast off going to doctors apointment.

for DD i like the skyline way better even though the fairlady looks sleek.

car gets really scary driving down the highway and hitting a few what normally would be smaller bumps but ends up pretty much taking off the ground, some stretch along the #1 coming from calgary to medicine hat scared me, didnt even see them going 120, im sure the tires left the ground.

stupid low= stupid to drive. in japan it would be fine though.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    Probably need to build a pit in the garage (cover up with metal plates when not in use).

Or need a cheapish drive on hoist that you can find second hand and create a concrete pad next to house for it.

I can just fit a jack under front of my car for oil changes on the ground and have 0 problems with hoist arms.

I know Silvia owners that like both Silvia, R32 GTS-T, R32 GTR. Some have owned both Silvia, GTR. They have wicked looking Silvia's. The S15 when it has 400hp from SR20DET + GTRS turbo, etc and decent bodykit is a good package.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    ^^^ Lol that's what the guys at Ztune have to do with my car, pull it onto blocks.

**** I can't even pull it onto ramps in my driveway to do a god damned oil change myself. My low height jack only fits under the car if I turn the wheels all the way to one side and stick it in the wheel well.

Low cars can be sexy. But you pay the price. I guess in this instance I'm a cheap son-of-a-bitch. It's going up an inch.

BC240 can cry all they want about it. Too bad it's my car <insert middle finger emoticon>

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    Originally posted by scumbag
    Haha. Try getting STUCK on a manhole cover. Having your subframe literally smash it while trying to drive over it at a ~60degree diagonal to the cover.

That was low.

I quite enjoy the blatant disrespect handling-aficionados show me.

My cars work very well for their INTENDED purpose, and thats exactly how I build them. Just because you have a gravedigger-replica GTR, doesn't mean that my purpose-built stance has any less meaning.

rice>race
    Can picture that happening.

Try getting a slammed car onto a hoist. Driving up on blocks of wood is interesting to watch.

That's cool, we all have different ways we like to setup our cars.

My car is more towards grip, acceleration, braking, clearance into driveways.

Gravedigger-replica GTR, cheeky.

R32 GTS-T is just cheaper to run and can get equal performance in Targa with less hp, less weight than R32 GTR. S13, S14, S15, etc, same result, but even less $$$ in engine bay due to SR20DET. GTR comes into it's own on wet roads or racetrack due to 4wd. Also can produce higher hp with a usuable wider powerband.

Leave a comment:

• scumbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Skym View Post
    For a showcar, drifting the slammed look works. No argument there.

Seen a slammed Honda Prelude that had to go sideways out of driveway last week to avoid scraping. If he went in the other direction where driveway was more V, would have scraped. Slammed look seems to reduce your choices as far as driveways you can enter, so have to park car on the road.

If you like scrapes under bodykit or scrapes on expensive carbon undertray, loss of bodykit, slammed look is for you.
    Haha. Try getting STUCK on a manhole cover. Having your subframe literally smash it while trying to drive over it at a ~60degree diagonal to the cover.

That was low.

My main problem with my r32 is that I haven't found suspension that I can really get to my liking. tien, kei office, and megan haven't gone anywhere close to low enough. My car will be going under the knife to remedy this soon however.

More on this soon!

However... I've driven a slightly lowered (bilstien/aftermarket spring setup) gtr. That car handled fantastic! it was SUPER fun to rip around in. VERY neutral, predictable, all around just great handling car.

Looked like straight dicks though.

I quite enjoy the blatant disrespect handling-aficionados show me.

My cars work very well for their INTENDED purpose, and thats exactly how I build them. Just because you have a gravedigger-replica GTR, doesn't mean that my purpose-built stance has any less meaning.

rice>race

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    For a showcar, drifting the slammed look works. No argument there.

These R32's show that it can be done for drifting -

Although it looks like you run the risk of bodykit flying off if it touches the ground, as shown in above videoclip.

But for road use, Targa, Rallying, no way. The jumping on some Targa or Rally stages at speed would destroy bottom of car. On road some driveways are way too steep to enter if car is slammed.

Seen a slammed Honda Prelude that had to go sideways out of driveway last week to avoid scraping. If he went in the other direction where driveway was more V, would have scraped. Slammed look seems to reduce your choices as far as driveways you can enter, so have to park car on the road.

Even Mines R34GTR front undertray touches the ground on a racetrack (at 2:09+) -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Imagine that car on the road if it scrapes on a racetrack. When stationary or slightly moving in some videoclips, it looks like Mines R34GTR has slight gap between arch, tyres.

If you like scrapes under bodykit or scrapes on expensive carbon undertray, loss of bodykit, slammed look is for you.

Leave a comment:

• love_boost
    replied

i agree with falcon, i just dont think a skyline can pull off a "slammed look" i love nice offset rims pulled feders ect but having the rails near the ground for a DD is just getting retarded.
    IMO the keeplabs was perfect everything.

Leave a comment:

• PureEuroM3
    replied
    I will slam my car, to the floor, Break tradition.

Scumbag produces IMO some pretty gangster cars.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    I don't base my ride height on looks, I base it on roll centers, wheel size/overall diameter, wheel track etc. There is actual mathematics behind it.
    Falcon, I agree.

Also suspension setup depends on class of racecar.

R35 GTR GT1 spec -

R35 GTR SuperGT spec -

Links for above photo's -

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

Leave a comment:

• A18
    replied
    Originally posted by falcon View Post
    I've noticed a trend. Every comment on Skyline VS. 240 styling always reverts back to drifting. Did anyone think for a second that not EVERYONE drifts, or wants to have a drift car?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    this is my opinion on what proper fitment should be.

not this

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by scumbag View Post
    ot blowing loads obviously, I wouldn't accuse you of that.

I fully intend to treat my r32 exactly the same as I would any of my other cars, regardless of them being 240's. Slammed, kitted, with big wheels. For it's intended purpose, it works great. Anyone that actually drifts their skyline can attest.
    I've noticed a trend. Every comment on Skyline VS. 240 styling always reverts back to drifting. Did anyone think for a second that not EVERYONE drifts, or wants to have a drift car?

I find driving a track the way it was meant to be way more exciting, and therefore build my cars in that direction.

I don't base my ride height on looks, I base it on roll centers, wheel size/overall diameter, wheel track etc. There is actual mathematics behind it. Not "oh that looks cool, lets leave it at that height"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X