Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHDskyline
    replied
    I have 240sx friends. But they drift them. Thats it.

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    i love 240 owners.

a very few of them.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    lol have to share for everyone who partook here:
    Just wondering if I still need to leave the factory BOV in place or can I just block it off and use an atmospheric BOV in it's place. I got a Turbosmart vee port BOV with the car and would like to use it. This is on an RB20 btw.

Leave a comment:

• A18
    replied
    Originally posted by Skym View Post
    I think Joe Rogan's Hemi Cuda was one of the Muscle cars it was done to (photo in link below of custom frame rail, tubbed arches, 22inch rear wheels, etc) -

But it's using a solid axle, etc setup, which is different to a Skyline. Built by Chip Foose, Troy, etc.

I called it a subframe (my mistake, as was thinking it was attached to chassis like a subframe), but frame rail is the correct term. I must have been tired or distracted when I typed that post, as it's riddled with mistakes. Thanks for picking up on those mistakes, much appreciated.
    Did anybody else notice the huge swastikas and "Sieg Heil!!" pictures in Carlos Camaros sig (the guy who posted the joe rogan info on the velocidad maxima website)?

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    daammmmmn, thats nice

Leave a comment:

• C-unit
    replied
    taff*tune from GTR.co.uk

my styling inspiration for my last project but mine was never finished..lol

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    When I made that name, I had a dream of owning a skyline, never actually owning one

Little did I know that my dream would come true

I made the account to look and comment on all the cars for sale.

I hope that you didn't think I was referring to you/calling you a scumbag.

I'm sorry if you think I did

OT: Do what you want to your cars. Its YOUR car

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by scumbag View Post
    Contrary to your name, which screams knowledge and experience.
    Hahahahaha pwn'd.

I hope you can take that with a smile on your face

Leave a comment:

• RABBIT
    replied
    ROFLTITS

but yeah i completely forgot people drift our cars, i dont care to much for the sport so it doesnt enter my mind on a daily basis, and i know style is a big part of drifting so as long as u actually use the car i guess its kinda legit. at least u wont be a slammed offset queen that just hardparks like half of cali's population.

Leave a comment:

• scumbag
    replied
    Originally posted by RHDskyline
    his name says it all.

I drive a gtst. Its an over-hyped s-chassis.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my car.

But I also hate the fact that walmart parking lot attendant's blow their load over it too.

I guess maybe a lot of skyline dudes are into that? Not blowing loads obviously, I wouldn't accuse you of that.

I fully intend to treat my r32 exactly the same as I would any of my other cars, regardless of them being 240's. Slammed, kitted, with big wheels. For it's intended purpose, it works great. Anyone that actually drifts their skyline can attest.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    Originally posted by VortXxe View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement. Please don't spread misinformation about things you know absolutely nothing about.
    I see.

Skylines have a 4-link rear suspension attached to a fix mounted subframe and differential. Lowering or raising the car has NO effect on the driveshaft.
    I agree, propshaft (maybe you guys call it a driveshaft??) doesn't move up and down (unless gearbox mount moves or breaks). But I've noticed diffhead could twist under acceleration, as subframe moves around. Unless you solid mount the subframe with these -

SPL Parts designs and builds top shelf suspension components for street and track cars including Nissan, Infiniti, Scion, Subaru, Porsche and more.

The only angle which will change is the halfshaft angle. Aggressively lowered, your halfshafts will sit nearly flat with just the right amount of angle in the joints. Stock the half shafts sit like 20-30* out of line.
    I agree. I'm talking about when you fit wheels (like smaller stock 16 inch wheels) up into arch and when car bounces up, down after hitting bump or pothole in the road while moving. Also car squating when launching hard. Halfshaft's are not always going to be at that flat angle. More like V if lowered enough and car squats.

I think Joe Rogan's Hemi Cuda was one of the Muscle cars it was done to (photo in link below of custom frame rail, tubbed arches, 22inch rear wheels, etc) -

But it's using a solid axle, etc setup, which is different to a Skyline. Built by Chip Foose, Troy, etc.

I called it a subframe (my mistake, as was thinking it was attached to chassis like a subframe), but frame rail is the correct term. I must have been tired or distracted when I typed that post, as it's riddled with mistakes. Thanks for picking up on those mistakes, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    his name says it all.

Leave a comment:

• RABBIT
    replied
    Wow.... I had always heard things about skyline owners loving their "ride heights".

Wait till spring.
    *rolls eyes * 240 owners ...

Leave a comment:

• scumbag
    replied
    Wow.... I had always heard things about skyline owners loving their "ride heights".

Wait till spring.

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    Originally posted by C-unit View Post
    I have different wheel for street, track, drift. That's my street/drfit set up. I'll stay 17s on my track wheels.
    good choice, a sidewall profile ratio between 40 and 50 is always best for track

Leave a comment:

Working...
X