No announcement yet.

BNR34 Cost Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is not that bad. i am getting 13L/100km mostly city. what fuel grade and brand of gas?

Comment

Mostly Chevron 91 as 94 isn't available up here at all Chevrons. In addition I don't believe the 94 to be necessary for street use, but I (obviously) wouldn't go below 91. Occasionally Petro Canada 91 if I can't find a Chevron. I've filled at Safeway in Fort St. John and at the Co-op in Grande Prairie, both 91. Don't really notice any difference between fuel vendors to be honest. Car doesn't seem to care.

Comment

i was not sure of 91 because it still has ethanol in it, but you just confirmed it does nothing to the car so no worries?

and your ecu is stock (unless they put the stock airbox back in)...

Comment

are you back in chetwynd? that bayside blue one i told you about showed up at the meet. check out the headlights:

Comment

Yeah, I have seen the lights on it previously in this thread http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-...eadlights.html

It's nice to see a clearer picture though. I have a photo somewhere of the ones that MF Tech fabricated. R34 owners get a break with retrofitting as apparently it is sufficient to put DOT projectors behind the stock glass. MF Tech said that CVSE allowed this to decrease the incidence of people swapping the stock ones back in.
            Last edited by aaronisonfire; 08-13-2014, 02:33 AM.

Comment

i thought it was funny to see that it may be the only r34 out there with DOT headlights, but has no side reflectors which is the opposite of everyone else running out there lol...

ah, i remember that thread. unfortunately he never posted much more after that... i wonder how you adjust the lights internally?
              Last edited by thumper; 08-13-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

hi aaron. just checking in to see how things are going with the car. i saw you mentioned about potential issues with the brakes... anything else? how much mileage have you done since purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronisonfire View Post
                  If anyone is interested in the fuel consumption of an R34 GTR... I've been tracking my KM's pretty religiously.

in terms of miles per gallon/us this equates into what??

Comment

Originally posted by thumper View Post
                    hi aaron. just checking in to see how things are going with the car. i saw you mentioned about potential issues with the brakes... anything else? how much mileage have you done since purchase?
                    Pretty well. I will be replacing the brake pads pretty soon. I took them off and looked at them, they'll be OK for a little while longer. I think the alternator bearing will need to be replaced soon as well.

I'll be parking it for the winter at the end of Oct while I continue to live in Chetwynd and will perform the maintenance over winter. Lots of time to get replacement and upgrade parts

I have done approximately 7,500 km since delivery in March. I'll have to double check when I can get out to the car in a couple hours. It survived the drive to Chetwynd and back (1,100 km each way) with no issues at all.

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
                    in terms of miles per gallon/us this equates into what??
                    http://bit.ly/1uwDIlJ
                    Last edited by aaronisonfire; 10-20-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

So much R34 love. Are there any in Calgary yet? I have not seen anyone post up.
                      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X