No announcement yet.

Importing an R34???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just stirring the pot here, but my r33 was NOT 15 years old when i bought it and shipped it over. i dont want to get into details and specifics so dont start asking, but there are loopholes.

im not saying you could import an r34 legally, but in the case of the r33 and s14 it was easy
    Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

Yawn,.,

Everyone talks about the loop holes but no one mentions them..

R33 came out in 1993.. so legal to import since 2008..

Post the VIN and some proof that it landed before 2008, and i will give you the benefit of the doubt.
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
        Yawn,.,

Everyone talks about the loop holes but no one mentions them..

R33 came out in 1993.. so legal to import since 2008..

Post the VIN and some proof that it landed before 2008, and i will give you the benefit of the doubt.
        +1
        I am curious as well.
        1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

im not gonna do that, read my post, i dont want to get into details. plus there are alot of car here in canada that are not supposed to be, and they are all here legally, stalk other forums and you will see
          Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

Originally posted by sarazinj View Post
            im not gonna do that, read my post, i dont want to get into details. plus there are alot of car here in canada that are not supposed to be, and they are all here legally, stalk other forums and you will see
            Sorry I dont wanna sound like a **** here but, what good is it telling us that there are loop holes if you wont tell us what they are?
            I drive a Honda...

Comment

I dont want the loop hole i just want to know the VIN of the car and proof that you got it early.. thats all..

I dont really care how you did it..

I understand that people that Use the Loopholes dont want them puplic.. however i think the that people that actually use these loopholes dont talk about it..

since your talking about it.. i assume your not telling the truth, cause why would you want that kind of attention.

Comment

i dont want attention, just adding info about how many cars are in canada early, mine wasnt years early, it was months. im also not going to post my vin on a forum, especially gtrc

Comment

The only sot of "loop holes" I have ever heard about was when I was looking for a GT-R. I spoke to someone who said he also got his car a few months early. All he did was smooth over the etched vin in the engine bay of the illegal car and make it look nice. Then, take all the vin plates from the legal car, and put them on the illegal car and presto, its good to go. Now I never saw the car in person so I don't know how true it is. It seem like it could work.

And correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can really do anything with a VIN. I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am.
                  1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Few Months early isnt a loophole.. thats customs being lazy.. but thanks for coming out..

Customs rarly checks paperwork that carefully if your a known importer.. i import stuff all the time,, it would be east to bring in a December build 96 car for me cause they dont reallu even look at the paperwork..

that VIN thing could work as well.. but why bother with a couple months. if you were VIN swapping i would do couple years.. R34/with a R33 VIN.. bring it over..

done deal..

anyways,..

Comment

Well, saying you have a car via loophole sounds pretty damn sexy you must admit

In the 7 years that I have been involved with the rhd scene in Canada I have only seen "non-matured" cars brought in by: vin swap, Frankenstein, lazy/uneducated/corrupt customs officers, piecemeal (car was assembled via parts ordered thru Nissan). All of these methods have zero appeal to me and none qualify as a loophole. A loophole is a defect in the wording of the law that permits it's exploitation. It allows one to do something against the spirit of the law. Its been stated a gazillion times here that there are no loopholes in any interpretation of Transport Canada's wording.

Posted from my iPhone

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Few Months early isnt a loophole.. thats customs being lazy.. but thanks for coming out..

Customs rarly checks paperwork that carefully if your a known importer.. i import stuff all the time,, it would be east to bring in a December build 96 car for me cause they dont reallu even look at the paperwork..

that VIN thing could work as well.. but why bother with a couple months. if you were VIN swapping i would do couple years.. R34/with a R33 VIN.. bring it over..

done deal..

anyways,..
                        This.
                        1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                        1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                        i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post

In the 7 years that I have been involved with the rhd scene in Canada I have only seen "non-matured" cars brought in by: vin swap, Frankenstein, lazy/uneducated/corrupt customs officers, piecemeal (car was assembled via parts ordered thru Nissan). All of these methods have zero appeal to me and none qualify as a loophole. A loophole is a defect in the wording of the law that permits it's exploitation. It allows one to do something against the spirit of the law. Its been stated a gazillion times here that there are no loopholes in any interpretation of Transport Canada's wording.

X2 Granted i been doing this stuff for only 6 years..

However being that im at customs/Dock at least once a month.. since 2005 i would say i have more first hand experience with anything RHD/importing related then most people

Comment

X2 Granted i been doing this stuff for only 6 years..

However being that im at customs/Dock at least once a month.. since 2005 i would say i have more first hand experience with anything RHD/importing related then most people

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

i didnt honestly get mine because of how new it was, i got it because i really really really wanted a midnight purple r33,the one i found had low km's, perfect body, tasteful but non threatening upgrads, and a nice interior, but then sea rail destroyed it, i almost have tears in my eyes just thinking about the day it came in.

Comment

Originally posted by sarazinj View Post
                                I've seen lots of landed cars that were illegally imported. Funny enough... Most the pictures popped up from Quebec... Right before they got sent to their room.

I know you say "legally imported" but the truth is they weren't. Someone is corrupt/paid/stupid and that blame will be on the owner for knowingly importing an illegal good.

I don't care how you get your car in, if you're caught later (often too late) after an accident or something stupid and your insurance provider gives you the middle finger you're hooped. You just killed someone in your ILLEGALLY INSURED car? We're not covering you. You owe $3 million, and you can't declare bankruptcy to clear that debt. Game over son. Have fun working the rest of your life to get no where.

Patience is a virtue.
                                Last edited by Snow; 03-10-2011, 12:52 AM.
                                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X