Importing an R34???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
    Oh, wouldn't we see a lot more less than 15 year old cars on the road then?

In one crate ship the frame, in the other ship all other bits. Surely more people would of done this with s15s and some gtt r34's no?

From what I heard customs wont allow any full frames it that could be considered usable.

And Kyle you forgot the fact that its all starting to rot and rust already.
    You are right, no full frames that dont fall under the 15 year law can be imported. But anything in pieces can.

Haha yeah you are right, it is starting to rot. It's a real shame that a nice car was mangled up like this.

I guess it's buyer beware type dealy. Im sure someone will walk in there and pay $35,000 on a decent payment plan for it to fall apart driving out of the dealership parking lot.

I'd still like to go see it none-the-less. I've never seen a R34 in person before, cut and pasted together or not.

I'll never be able to afford an R34 so no plans in buying one now or in 4 years when they are legal.

My R33 GTS is enough fun for me on the weekends.

Comment

Yes Id love to go see it in person as well.
      We should meet up and check it out!
      1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
        Yes Id love to go see it in person as well.
        We should meet up and check it out!
        PM'd you.

Comment

I'd also be interested to go see it, I'm heading down to Toronto for the Bike show in acouple weeks so maybe I'll go see it, I'd also like to go to Right Drive!
          I drive a Honda...

Comment

You just wait, this thing will never sell between now and when R34s can be had legit. You will see it get parted out instead of sold as a whole because it's worth more in pieces than as a "kit car".

If they had done it right, all that scrapyard crap under that car would never have been needed. My guess is it was pieced together from several cars instead of one cut in half.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Rony, I'm gonna be in TO on Saturday for the Auto Show. Could meet up and go see it then? I'd like to check it out too
              Originally posted by kengeroo
              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
              ...don't drink and ebay
              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
                Rony, I'm gonna be in TO on Saturday for the Auto Show. Could meet up and go see it then? I'd like to check it out too
                Not gonna be here this weekend man. Going to london

Comment

Dammit man! Stay in one spot! :P
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Damn, I am glad I didnt miss out this story. Always thought that r34 was sexy but unreal

Comment

so basically to sum this thread up,

build a trailer frame like this: (with no wheels of coarse )

then cut the front of this car off :

and use this:

to weld it to this:

then weld it to your trailer frame and add some white paint and you have this :

... I had too
                      Last edited by Shane_Sawatzki; 02-26-2011, 04:56 AM.
                      1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                      1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                      i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

I know of a few JDM frames/cars in the country as legit that are lot younger than 15. So that line about customs not letting them in is totally false.

You can import anything. However your pockets have to deep and know someone that can help out the legit way.

ALSO nissan release an R34 frame w/o vin. This wouldn't be considered a vehicle and just a car part to the paperwork. legal yes. legit yes.
                        Last edited by starboy869; 02-27-2011, 12:16 PM.
                        Chris

Comment

IT looks DAMN good though cant deny that!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane_Sawatzki View Post
                            so basically to sum this thread up,

build a trailer frame like this: (with no wheels of coarse )

then cut the front of this car off :

and use this:

to weld it to this:

then weld it to your trailer frame and add some white paint and you have this :

... I had too
                            HAHA made my day mate ive seen alolt of those photos on the internet at some point lmao the grey rear clip was on ebay

Comment

does anyone have pics of the vin plate? It looks to be a KAIZO car from the states. If so it was due to be exported and was seized. If thats the case it could not go to a NAFTA country which would be Canada or Mexico. Does anyone know where it was originally from?

Comment

LOL.......Japan.

It's "Farmer"s project car, do a search.

Jon.
                                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X