No announcement yet.

Importing an R34???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to importfest 2 years ago and it was there.... At first I'm like no shitt, this is not the car I think it is! So I start scoping out the car. Looked along the body lines, seemed ok, looked in the engine bay, paint was chipping away from the covers and it looked to be some what of a mess. Then I started talking to the guy and after 5-10 mins of shooting the shitt he said do you wanna sit in it. I said to myself sure why not! Everything in the interior looked to be good minis a couple missing things. So I went had some beer and came back in and my buddy says let's look at it again we looked underneath and you see nothing but bracing everywhere. I'm almost 100% sure this car has been cut in half. And sorry to say this to anyone but if you pay anywhere close to 50k for this thing you got ripped off!
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
      I went to importfest 2 years ago and it was there.... At first I'm like no shitt, this is not the car I think it is! So I start scoping out the car. Looked along the body lines, seemed ok, looked in the engine bay, paint was chipping away from the covers and it looked to be some what of a mess. Then I started talking to the guy and after 5-10 mins of shooting the shitt he said do you wanna sit in it. I said to myself sure why not! Everything in the interior looked to be good minis a couple missing things. So I went had some beer and came back in and my buddy says let's look at it again we looked underneath and you see nothing but bracing everywhere. I'm almost 100% sure this car has been cut in half. And sorry to say this to anyone but if you pay anywhere close to 50k for this thing you got ripped off!
      Well there we have it. Thats all I was looking for haha. thx for the info!

Comment

No problem! I just do t want anyone to go in with that kind of cash and come out extremely disspointed. If you want a r34 really bad and want it to be legal, be like the rest of the community... Wait till 2014 and pick up a beautiful looking r34 of your choice, that hasn't been cut in half. Lol
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

yeah the car was spliced. quite a few fellers from these boards put it together to my knowledge!
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
            Can anyone 100% Prove that R34 was actually two cars and then welded back together?
            Maybe he brought it in piece by piece, put it back together, re-vin'd it, and registered it as a kit car.
            That's what I would do If I had the money, as it would not be cheap.

I don't see what all of you actual issues with that car is. From what I can see, fitment is fine, the car doesn't seem to be in pieces, and it looks awesome.
            Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
            i agree that car is sexy as **** and if they did chop it into two pieces and weld it back together they did a damn good job and spent boat loads of money doing it so i doubt the car is going to split in two while driving it or anything lol
            Originally posted by xkylex View Post
            What ever they did, they did it very well. Everything seems to line up properly.

Has anyone gone to inspect it??? If it is just pieced together it could be a very good deal. It's been listed forever, Offer $40,000.

To pay $40,000 to have an R34 GTR that can legally be driven on Canadian roads 4 years before they are legally imported and sold within Canada. Sounds like a steal to me.

Realistically, R34's have held value since production has come to a halt. When they do hit Canadian soil I'm sure you would be paying 50-60,000 for an equally clean example.

We need to send someone that is very knowledgable to check this car out!

If it is welded together, that upsets my stomach. I'd hate to think someone would do that to such a beautiful vehicle.
            Originally posted by Oakville View Post
            yeah the car was spliced. quite a few fellers from these boards put it together to my knowledge!
            Yeah, it has been cut in half, and it was done very very horribly. There are under body pictures of it floating around, let me see if I can find it.

Hack job, I wouldn't pay more than 10k for it.

Edit for fun pictures!!

Body lines suck

And for people saying "it might of been brought in piece by piece"
            I don't think so, afaik they take away and destroy anything that could be considered a usable chassis.
            Last edited by quadracer111; 02-23-2011, 02:51 AM.
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
              Yeah, it has been cut in half, and it was done very very horribly. There are under body pictures of it floating around, let me see if I can find it.

Hack job, I wouldn't pay more than 10k for it.
              Can you please post them if/when u find them? Thanks
              1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

The car doesn't have to be cut in half.

Comment

those under chasis pictures are disgusting, I wouldnt pay 10 for it. Looks like someone started building a frame for a utility trailer, then welded the front and the rear of 2 different R34's together and then dropped them onto the utility trailer frame they made lol
                  1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                  1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                  i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

lol okay i take back my previous comment about it not spliting in two while driving down the road.... can you say sketch?
                    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Wow, I'm so happy to of seen these photo's. That does look pretty sketchy. Thx so much for finding those!

Comment

Can someone please explain whats happening in the pictures? I am not sure I understand.

Comment

Picture 1 and 2. Trunk alignment is bunk.

picture 3 and 5. the reinforcing they did doesnt even line up.

picture 4. the quality of welding is good, but there should be more of them.

It looks like they made a "H brace" with 2 bars running cross wise for "stability" and just welded it where ever it was making contact.

I'd like to see how they actually attached the 2 peices in the middle.

I wouldnt trust this mash up one bit, especially for 50k.

Comment

In the end, whoever is trying to buy it, is dreaming and couldn't afford it anyways. If they could, they wouldn't be on here asking questions. Money can buy almost anything.

La fin.
                            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                              In the end, whoever is trying to buy it, is dreaming and couldn't afford it anyways. If they could, they wouldn't be on here asking questions. Money can buy almost anything.

La fin.
                              Say what?
                              Ever heard of smart consumer? Even if I had the money, I wouldn't just plunge into it. I would be asking questions and doing my homework.
                              With all the info here, the amount of time it has been listed (I remember this thing going for $100k), trade ins, down payment, the average joe can easily can can get it down to a lower price with affordable payments.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
                                The car doesn't have to be cut in half.
                                Oh, wouldn't we see a lot more less than 15 year old cars on the road then?

In one crate ship the frame, in the other ship all other bits. Surely more people would of done this with s15s and some gtt r34's no?

From what I heard customs wont allow any full frames it that could be considered usable.

And Kyle you forgot the fact that its all starting to rot and rust already.
                                Last edited by quadracer111; 02-23-2011, 01:24 PM.
                                BNR32- Sold
                                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                                X