X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Richard
    Ethnicity: Japanese
    Occupation: Test technologist (for now) Something to do with hardware...
    Why I Am Here: Eventually I want to drive Skyline here in Toronto. So far, I haven't had a chance to see one one the road...

隼の如く走り抜けるスカイライン!

Comment

• Name: Dave, David, hey buddy, "Who was that guy".
      What I do: Sport administrator
      Why I am here:

I am keenly interested in this amazing car. I am looking forward to my tentative road trip to Cali this summer to check in with the guys at Motorex and RB Motoring on my way through. I also hope to find a facility somewhere along the route where they are having an open track day to see what my car can really do. Hopefully close to Motorex or RB should I break the car and expect to get home.

The car is a December '89. Gunmetal Grey, completely stock with the exception of exhaust, Razo shifter, Z Sport 320 speedo and a somewhat lame steering wheel. I am so lucky to have found such a clean car. It is in amazing condition including paint, dash, seats, carpet, original wheels, etc. No rips, tears, dash holes, effed up gagues , cigarette burns or even cigarette smell! My guy in Japan really, really looked out for me when he found it for me. I imported it myself.

I am likely only going to modify the car slightly as it is so great already and mods are expensive. I definitely need to do an intake for starters and the see what happens from there!

I have lots to learn and would appreciate being a member. I'm not sure how I can contribute yet as I am guessing most of the current members will have the same or greater knowledge than I have now. But I continute to reseach daily when I should be working.

I'm also a member of the Nissan Enthusiast Car Club in Edmonton www.N-E-C-C.com

Car will be at DTP in Calgary May 28th, 2005.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• Name: Geoff
        What do I do: I'm an EMT. Working at Race City Speed Way as a medic this summer, so that'll be interesting.
        Why I'm here: Well, I parked beside Chickey89 and her "pink and black wonder" as JZ wrote. She let me know about the site. I just got my GTS-T (I know, I know, it's not a GTR) this winter and I'm loving it! Just looking to get to know some other skyline owners and get to know my car a bit better too.

Anyways,

Later

Geoff

Comment

Ethnicity: White (but I think I am Asian)
          What I do: Import vehicles full time (Owned modification shop)
          Why am I here: I am here for the same reason most are here, for the true love of fast cars!! I have owned over 30 vehicles (most all sports cars), I have been called a car whore by some because I am always looking for my next favorite car. I have now imported a black 1989 GTS-T, Silver 1990 GTR, just got in a killer blue 1989 GTR, the best you will ever see 1989 Fairlady Z TT, 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81V turbo diesel (rare 5spd), also have on the way a black 1990 GTR and a 1990 HiLux Surf (more about this soon).
          I have been into cars for years now, I have taken courses in mechanical engineering and auto body collision repair. I have worked in a luxury body shop and a mechanic shop. I started up a modification shop almost 4 years ago now doing mostly custom work and leaning towards doing full one off wide bodies for patient customers looking for something that no one else had. I have also built custom turbo kits and other fabrication work. I have now left the old location and we are working on developing a piece of property for our new shop.
          I travel to Japan several times a year for business and pleasure since my wife’s family is from there. I am truly in love with the Japanese culture and the lifestyle in Japan, and of course I am addicted to everything dealing with cars when I go there.
          My dream is to have as many performance cars in Canada as we possibly can from Japan and other countries. I am truly happy that there is a place like this, and I will contribute whatever knowledge I have about the industry and Skylines.
          You will all hear a lot more from me soon!!!
          [/img]

Comment

• Name: Devin
            Ethnicity: German/English
            What I do: Student
            Why I'm here: I love Nissans.

Comment

• Name: Greg
              Ethnicity: Canadian
              What I do: Welder/Fabricator
              Why I'm here: Im very much into tuning/working on cars. I went to the UK about five years ago and saw my first skyline and fell in love. Finges crossed ill have a R32 in summer 2006
              What I Drive: I have a 91 Civic set up for the track :P

Comment

• Me:
                Name: Ramsey
                Ethnicity: Chinese Canadian
                What I do: Engineering student
                Why am I here: I love Skylines and hoping to get a GTS-T M maybe by next summer (I'm in no hurry, gotta wait for 'the one' :wink: )

Comment

• Hi guys I'm brand new to this forum and hope to have lots of fun here!!

Me:
                  Name: Josh Chan
                  Ethnicity: Chinese Canadian
                  What I Do: Import Cars
                  Why am I here: I have loved Japanese cars since I was old enough to walk. Especially Skyline's. My first car toy as a matter of fact was a little die cast R32 . I currently drive a 1989 Sil-80 (180SX With Silvia Front End) and had just recently bought a 1989 Skyline GTS which should be here sometime this month.
                  Current Ride: 1991 180SX

I Do Not Drift Around Corners Becuase It Is The Fastest Way I Do It Because It Is The Most Exciting

Comment

• Me:
                    Name: Chris Riggs
                    Ethnicity: Caucasian American
                    What I do: work for Health Insurance company, and run internet car web store, www.undergroundmotorsports.com
                    Why am I here: In the process of trying to buy a R32 GTR, and want to get to know who I can trust to buy from.

Comment

• Name: Ryan Probe
                      What I Do: Professional Petroleum Distributor A.K.A Gas Jockey and Computer Science student at University of Regina
                      Why I'm Here: wanting to know as much as possible about skylines

Comment

• Name: Fritz McKellar
                        Ethnicity: redneck Canadian
                        What I Do: Controller to family electrical contracting business
                        Why I'm Here: Looking into getting a fun ride which I can take my kids along
                        Car stuff: I currently drive a 2003 Brickyard 350z. The car is driven year round. I do winter Solo2, summer Solo2, lapping, and Solo1. Mostly because of the car, I won the Motorsport Club of Ottawa Solo2 'A' class championship last year on street tires (Kumho MX). I have custom Ray Track rims setup, JIC coilovers, header/exhaust and brake upgrades and a harness bar. EXCELLENT daily driver for occasional motorsports. Won the Motorsport Club of Ottawa Solo2 'A' class championship last year on street tires (Kumho MX). As much as I like the car, further development will only ruin the daily driver positivies so I'm looking for a fun hobby car (GTR) to focus my attention to instead.
                        2003 350z Brikyard
                        2004 MCO.org \'A\' Solo II champion
                        CASC-OR BSP & SGT2 modified

Comment

• Well, I guess I should have done this some time ago, but forgetting things is my best skill,so....

Name: Michael Jones
                          Ethnicity: Dumb Honky
                          What I Do: Car Audio Installation Manager, I run the Car Install Bays in both the Nanaimo and Courtenay locations
                          Why I'm Here: I've always loved the 32. When everyone I know is off drooling at car shows on the 34's, I'm the one guy you see still taking pictures of the 32.
                          Car Stuff: I have a bunch of cars right now, mostly 84-87 Honda CRX's. I just love that they're so light and tossable in corners, and late braking? Oh ya....really late braking in a car that light!!!
                          Found the link through Import Concern, now all I need to find is a GTR and I think I'm set.
                          jonesy

Originally posted by GT-R rated
                          i should also mention. there's not really much you should cheap out on with a GTR. I bought my car knowing that i would never own it, because it will always own me.

Comment

• Me:
                            Name: Andre
                            What I do: Assistive Technology Centre Manager
                            Why am I here: I've been an auto enthusiast since before I had a driver's license. I've always driven imports ( VW, Suzuki, Honda, Renault) I've always had something different (except for the current ride which was a compromise) I've always been interested in the skyline ever since I first heard of them in the early 90's and now they're legal to bring in to the Great White North!

Comment

• Ok here it goes:
                              Age 31
                              Ethnicity :Canadian
                              What i do :Police Dispatcher, 911 Operator(and best of all,,,part time driver at the local Nissan Dealer)
                              Why I am here: After driving every Nissan car ever made in the last 13 years in my part time job driving them from dealer to dealer, I only appreciate "most" of them even more. BUT why not have the ultimate Nissan, a SKyline? I hope to join this forum to learn the best way to get my hands on one and to make it legal, insurable etc.
                              Thanks

Comment

• Me
                                Ethnicity:Canadian
                                What I do:Auto motive tech at my dads garage
                                Why am i here:to learn more about the amazing skyline and how to own one and be able to drive it legally and maybe somewhat affordably.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X