No announcement yet.

Cheepest R32 PRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok for one can we please move this to the wtb section?

Secondly you know what listen to these guys they are knowledgable and speak from experience. There is a reason why not every 15 year old or even 20 year is running around with a skyline they are expensive.

And to tell you the truth i know you dont want to hear anyone tell you what your hearing right now because you are so "obsessed" with the car, i understand that. If you want to purchase the car do some research on where to get one for a reasonable price and then buy one. You will quickly find out how much they cost and how quickly you will have to park it. I hate to sound like the rest of the world right now but honestly buy a 240 or even a rhd 180sx for that matter its still right hand drive and try and enjoy that first. And think if you continue to save your money and drive one of those you can afford a r34 skyline which is honestly worth the wait!

Just some friendly advice bud.....

Thanks,
    Chris
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
      haha at least your wife is nice enough to let you drive her skyline

I just banned you from facebook!
      Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

The thing I have learned when owning a 20 year old turbo nissan...have a daily/beater. Once you see how much insurance/gas costs you will quickly second guess how sustainable it is to own one. It's not impossible though.

@ Oakville
        Where were you quoted 400 for your accord? I almost pay what you do as a secondary, on my car (primary, on my own insurance with two vehicles insured and its comprehensive coverage/collision with glass). I don't have much age on you either.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacho View Post
          The thing I have learned when owning a 20 year old turbo nissan...have a daily/beater. Once you see how much insurance/gas costs you will quickly second guess how sustainable it is to own one. It's not impossible though.

@ Oakville
          Where were you quoted 400 for your accord? I almost pay what you do as a secondary, on my car (primary, on my own insurance with two vehicles insured and its comprehensive coverage/collision with glass). I don't have much age on you either.
          Ontario insurance is just in a whole other world of its own. Our rates here are insanely high, thats why you often see people trying to sell their gtrs in ON cause they cant afford rates.
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Brain fart...I assumed you were in Alberta for some reason.

Comment

just had my insurance rates drop but i was paying 575 a month for insurance. Then on top of that you have to think of gas and regular maintenace on the car like oil changes etc etc. Really think about this before you jump into this. Its an awesome car but it does come with alot of expenses.
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

4 Pages of flaming later ...

I think most of the guy's here are tired of the fanboys, the 15 year old's that wanna save up to buy a skyline, the "I dont have my license yet but when I do I'm getting a skyline !" etc, etc. Bottom line, your gonna do what you wanna do, these forums are here for informational help and discussion. However, driving a skyline is not for inexperienced driver's, which normally tends to be the younger age group of people. I remember when I was 15 I was like, "yea, it's a great idea to own a single turbo supra !" when in reality after I almost lost my life in a car accident, you learn pretty quickly that "looking cool" and "driving fast" arn't really that awesome when you're laying a fuckin hospital bed. So your car is wrecked and you are all mangled up. Now what ? Back to square one with "I'm still a young kid who cant drive and is going to save up his money for another skyline"

Basic message I think everybody is trying to pass along: Gain some experience before you jump into a car that requires skill to maintain and operate.

My two yen.

Corey.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacho View Post
                  Brain fart...I assumed you were in Alberta for some reason.
                  Nono, that's the other one.....RHDskyline? He's in Lethbridge I believe.

You seem to have changed your sig, Oakville, but you guys are the twins aren't you? :P

If not, my bad!

Edit:

To be on topic.......first time I drove my GT-R in the rain, a couple weeks after buying it, I went around a corner sideways...only thing that saved my ass was ATTESA.

Prior to the GT-R I'd pretty much only had FWD experience, and in hindsight, I probably should have bought a cheaper RWD car to start with, but, I was 22, just out of University with a good paying job, and had my heart set on the GT-R.

A lot of other points that have been brought up, I've thought "oh, that won't happen to me", but a lot of them have.

Examples:
                  - End of the first season I owned the car, I knew I needed to do an oil change, and ordered the filter a little in advance. It ended up taking a month (or more?) to get here, so I was glad I had the motorcycle to ride while it was parked.
                  Lesson Learned: buy parts in advance, and order them from places you trust...I ordered from Nengun, but have since learned Adam @ Feast and Daryl @ Tunerlab.jp are the best sources.

- Last summer the car was broken into, and ended up off the road for 3 months while a Nissan Dealership was trying to get parts for it. Motorcycle for me, rain or shine, for 3 months.
                  Lesson Learned: alway have alternate transportation...never know what's going to happen with the GT-R.

- This summer I noticed my suspension was sagging.....had to rebuild/replace it, or at least do something. It was the first major job I had to do...I decided to upgrade it with some Zeal Coilovers...absolutely amazing (I still have to write a review on them). Cost: $2400 USD, shipping from japan, plus a bottle of rum for Rollie's help installing them.
                  Lesson Learned: Zeal coilovers are amazingsauce...wait...no.....repairs can be expensive.

- Then we noticed my tire tread was lower (much lower) than I thought it was....I was reading it wrong (looking at full tread, not the treadwear markers). New tires! Cost: $950 or so CAD all said and done.
                  Lesson Learned: Always keep up to date on maintenance, and make sure you're doing it properly.

Next up: small oil leak from my rear turbo (common problem after 100k kms). I need to yank them / get them rebuilt over the winter. Not sure what the cost will be yet (it really depends on if I go with steel wheels, which I really want to, but may be too expensive).
                  Lesson Learned: always do the maintenance you can over winter when the car is already off the road (well, I learned that with the suspension technically, applying it here).

I used to comment on how lucky I was with regards to parts / repairs required. Not so much anymore
                  BlackAura (Kevin)
                  1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                  2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                  1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

+1 for Zeal Coilover's

Comment

WTF happened to this thread.
                      DIE DIE DIE
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by ObsessedGtrKid View Post
                        lol my heads just messed today and i might get a prelude v-tech but i make tons in the summer cause i got 2 jobs one with my dad doing concrete making $10/h and another one at wall-mart making $8.90/h. so i should be able to afford it seeing how my hours with my dad are good usually from 5am till around 5-7pm and at wallmart i usually only get 4 hours a day.

I was thinking of just buying a skyline and working on it till i was done school but i got no room for the car.
                        A GT-R is a powerful car... a GTS-t even has it's finicky issues.

Gain some experience first, buy an S13. Then move up to a Skyline.

Just my two cents.
                        ├┼┼╕
                        246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

steps for under 18 Teens who own hondas that want a skyline.

1. buy skyline (gtr or gtst) as soon as you have the money
                          2. put it in a garage
                          3. get in your honda
                          4. drive as fast as possible into a pole or a big tree with the honda screaming "VTEC!!!!".
                          5. hope its painless..:biggrin:
                          Originally posted by Snow
                          They should build an island in the shape of a race track, and then build the track under it. And air condition that b!tch.
                          Originally posted by DreadedFist
                          If it's not metal its POOP.

Comment

why is this in the group buy section? some one close this and delete the thread

Comment

Working...
                            X