• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by love_boost View Post
    To Falcon:

yeah i went there.
    like I haven't seen that one before... very original ....

Leave a comment:

• curtisgoodman
    replied
    LOL i've seen that pic before... very funny cause its true, the british expected waaaay more outta that engine then it put out thats why they sold the rights to japan... at least on the new rx8 motor they moved the intake and exhaust ports around and got better gas mileage... maybe they'll move the injectors around next time and gain 100hp who knows lol...

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied
    o ****.

damnit stayed up till 130 last night putting my turbuso back in. i couldnt stop..

Leave a comment:

• love_boost
    replied
    To Falcon:

yeah i went there.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    JDM tyte muthafuker

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied
    yes. A lot of people said JDM.

Leave a comment:

• RABBIT
    replied
    did some one say JDM?

Leave a comment:

• curtisgoodman
    replied
    i haaaate left hand turns across traffic in big intersections with no co-pilot downtown vancouver, T-Bone waiting to happen thats the only time ive ever had a problem... well that and the first coupel seconds for the first time in the GTR i was kinda in the middle of the road lol...

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    RHD MADNESSS!! RAWWRRRRRRR where is CDguy when you need some JDM listings.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapier46
    Liking rhd doesnt make me a fanboy... im pretty sure being a fanboy would be loving gtrs and everything skyline and RHD and never having owned one. that is far from me..

What you didnt see was what i was responding to.

Personally, i think most of the cars that they made in Canada as the USDM version of the JDM vehicles, ended up being ******* lame. think about it. S13's, supras, soarers, the list goes on. i'd rather have a jdm s13 than a usdm one. dues to the fact that it's turbod, it has really nothing to do with the side the wheel is on. im not cdguy cmon.
    lol
    you ninja edited yourself.

s13,s14,soarer etc are all exceptions in my eyes. 240's came with SR20's in Japan and the Soarer came with a manual transmission. It's cars like Supras, Civics, RX7's etc that I don't quite understand why someone would want the same thing you can get here, just harder to drive on our streets? And don't tell me it's not harder. I owned one. While I do agree it's not as difficult as most of the public thinks, it still does require more awareness and general driving skill to operate a RHD car.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapier46
    Liking rhd doesnt make me a fanboy... im pretty sure being a fanboy would be loving gtrs and everything skyline and RHD and never having owned one. that is far from me..

Personally, i think most of the cars that they made in Canada as the USDM version of the JDM vehicles, ended up being ******* lame. think about it. S13's, supras, soarers, the list goes on. i'd rather have a jdm s13 than a usdm one. dues to the fact that it's turbod, it has really nothing to do with the side the wheel is on. im not cdguy cmon.
    lol
    Yea after I posted that and went to class I wondered if that's what you meant. You just lost out because your post ended up as the first one on the next page haha.

Originally posted by falcon View Post
    I am. Don't worry. I think I'm going to pick up a B5 A4 or something. The RX7 will be good enough for being an assistant/open house co-ordinator which will most likely be how I start out in the field.
    That's cool. I always contemplated getting into real estate. Don't like the hours though. I'm trying to get into development now... Well as of May when I grad. Sending out resumes and applications now. Worst case scenario I go back to running a painting company for the summer again and then finding something for September.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    I am. Don't worry. I think I'm going to pick up a B5 A4 or something. The RX7 will be good enough for being an assistant/open house co-ordinator which will most likely be how I start out in the field.

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied

Originally posted by falcon
    That's for a JDM one. A USDM one will run you 12-16k. The higher priced ones are all single turbo or VERY low KM.

It's not how much they cost, but how much they cost to keep running... remember that.
    Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
    Lhd fail
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Lol have fun touring your clients around in the back of an RX7. I think you should start saving for a 4 dr bimmer as a DD.

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by curtisgoodman
    well the RHD from japan would still be cheaper if the skyline was a domestic vehicle here... and most w/lower km's just like the rx-7's and supra's... price vs. condition would be the deciding factor imo what side you drive on the car makes no difference.
    This is true. I could have bought a RHD RX7 from Japan, but after I thought about it... and why would I buy a RHD when I can get a LHD for a small amount of $ more? I also didn't want to take the chance of having a blown engine when it arrived.

RHD is just fine for cars we never got here... like Skylines, Kei cars etc. But when you get a RHD over a LHD when they are available here it just means you can't afford a LHD one. The only exeption to this is someone who purchased a MINT low KM one with nice modifications. They tend to cost more. But all the local FD's I see are riced out, body kits, wings, sunken failwheel offsets and stock engines. In an auction, those are the things that make the car cheaper to buy and lower grade.

I will be keeping this car for a long time, and wanted something that didn't label me to the public as some street racer RHD JDM kid. I am working towards a career in Real Estate. How would it look if your realtor showed up in a RHD car? Kind of wierd.. I just wanted something more generally accepted by the public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X