• Show
Clear All

• FunnyGas
    replied
    define built right.. im intrigued

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    No, they don't. Only if you don't know how to take care of it. Built right they are just as reliable (if not more than an RB26) as a piston engine.

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied
    I thought rotary had to be rebuilt often?

Leave a comment:

• curtisgoodman
    replied
    mmm... rotors... 3 internal moving parts... quad rotor... 360 degree ign cycle sounds like magic on the quad rotors... i want!

Leave a comment:

• DarkCaporaL
    replied
    and they sound like sex

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    double post

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    600+whp out of a 1.3L engine ain't to shabby (not saying mine has that... but it's done all the time). They also are a dream to drive, very smooth all the way to 9000RPM and if built RIGHT (emphasis on "right")... will last 10x as long as a piston engine in a race environment and even on the street. Less wear, cheaper to rebuild and once you remove all the **** Mazda did wrong in the FD (rats nest, cooling system, joke of an IC, heatsoaking turbochargers etc) they are super easy to work on and very reliable.

Also, you can pull the engine out in about 45mins. No joke, I did it... by myself. The swap was easier than Zulu's GTR and the build much easier.

Leave a comment:

• mcfly
    replied
    less moving parts is a huge bonus, cheaper to build also counts. They were found in the coolest cars too.

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied
    Or explain why they're better? You must have a reason

Leave a comment:

• mcfly
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
    why are they better
    build one and then the other

Leave a comment:

• PL_GTR
    replied
    that was one of the quickest 5 pages ever

Leave a comment:

• RHDskyline
    replied
    Because this is Falcons thread. OBVIOUSLY

Leave a comment:

• Rapier46
    replied
    I've driven them. But why are they better than rb26s?

Leave a comment:

• curtisgoodman
    replied
    started off driving vw scirocco's had three of them then bought a 1st gen rx7 and fell in love with rwd then since then had 1 turbo firefly, 1 turbo sprint, gt beretta, 2 2nd gen rx7s, another 1st gen rx7, honda accord, jeep cherokee 4.0L, '82 f250 diesel no turbo im sure theres more but winter beater is a '93 cavalier, and summer whip is my '91 GTR... fwd ftl...

Leave a comment:

• falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
    why are they better
    drive one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X