Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAFCO is the way to go, especially if you've got a crap record. Found full coverage with good premiums and deductibles. You have to get a broker to call them for you though, they don't deal with the public directly
    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

i'm insured with AXA
      got a great record, except i crashed my GTR last year and claimed 10k$
      i'm 20 years old btw

now i got my new GTR, evaluated at 15k$, full insurance, both sides, fire/theft/vandalism
      for 1800$ a year

still better then the quote i got for my 95' stock civic si, 2000$ !!!
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by m_melen View Post
        PAFCO is the way to go, especially if you've got a crap record. Found full coverage with good premiums and deductibles. You have to get a broker to call them for you though, they don't deal with the public directly
        PAFCO WAS!!!!! the way to go... just received a recommended letter from them today... sorry your car is a RHD, your policy is cancelled as of July 21st. Thank you bubye.

I'll have to call Julien tomorrow
        Alex
        1991 Skyline GT-R
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Comment

Insurance

I'm with Gadouas Laflame 450-671-5992, Insurance co. is Lloyd's, i'm 25 and i pay 940 for 2 sides all-dressed insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
            i'm insured with AXA
            got a great record, except i crashed my GTR last year and claimed 10k$
            i'm 20 years old btw

now i got my new GTR, evaluated at 15k$, full insurance, both sides, fire/theft/vandalism
            for 1800$ a year

still better then the quote i got for my 95' stock civic si, 2000$ !!!
            AXA, same thing here, but less fee

Comment

i'm insured with Intact
              My GTR evaluated at 38,735$, full insurance for 450$ a year

Comment

I'm looking for options. After 5 years my current company (Optimum) just dropped my policy with the new evaluation because the car is modified (although it's the exact same evaluation as the 2007 one, since I changed squat on the car).

As of yet I here is what I'm getting (companies, not brokers):

-PAFCO: No
                -Intact (incl JEVCO and AXA since they were bought by Intact): No
                -Universelle: 3000$ for full, 1500$ for 1 side only.
                -Loydd's Insurance: Waiting on quote
                -Hagerty Silver Wheels: RPB told me they dont do RHD, although alot of people in Ontario with RHDs are with them? I think their policy changed. This would have been the perfect thing for me since I drive it like 1000k a year and only go to meets/shows.

I didn't even bother with the big companies like DesJardins, La Personelle, etc since I know they wont take it.

Any other options? I will sell my car before I start paying 3000 a year in insurance.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I'm with Lloydd's. They probably will take you (don't know for how much tho). I pay 750$/yr for ''1 side''. I have to find another insurance company... Last year, I searched a lil and couldn't find any company that would take RHDs...

SKYGTR: How the f*ck did you get that quote? I mean, 450$/yr... Intact doesn't seem to take no more RHDs....
                  My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Here's the places I've called so far (that used to or did insure RHDs at some point). Keep in mind this is if you're looking for insurance on a RHD as an "off-the-street" customer. Some companies will insure you if you already have other vehicles with them.

-PAFCO: No
                    -Intact (incl JEVCO/AXA): No
                    -Echellon: No
                    -Universelle: $3000+tx for full, $1500+tx for 1 side only (incl fire/theft/vandalism/window)
                    -Loydd's: $2080+tx for full, $1300+tx for 1 side only (incl fire/theft/vandalism/window). However, Loydd's requires that a TAG location system be installed on the car if you want theft coverage.
                    -Hagerty Silver Wheels/Custom Wheels: No for now, but still looking into it.

As a reference, my GTR is currently evaluated at $16,000 with light mods (~300hp, intake, exhaust, boost controller, coilovers, half-cage, swaybars front and rear, recaro seats).

I'm 28, 12 years driving experience and zero speeding tickets or reclamations.

So I'd essentially be paying more just in taxes than what I was paying...
                    Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 09-26-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Isn't Primaco just a financing company?

What dyou mean by ''off-the-street'' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                        Isn't Primaco just a financing company?

What dyou mean by ''off-the-street'' ?
                        Heuu yeah my bad, I meant to say Echellon. Fixed post.

And by off the street I mean you don't have any other business with that insurance company.

Comment

Just to update, I ended up going with Loydd's through Lareau since they're the only ones I could find that still insure RHDs.

Lareau told me that Loydd's and Universelle are the same company, they just go through different third parties or whatever, very technical details I don't really care about.

$2080+tx for full, $1300+tx for 1 side only (incl fire/theft/vandalism/window), and an additional 350$+tx for the TAG installation which is good for 5 years.

As a reference, my GTR is currently evaluated at $16,000 with light mods (~300hp, intake, exhaust, boost controller, coilovers, half-cage, swaybars front and rear, recaro seats). I'm 28, 12 years driving experience and zero speeding tickets or claims.

F my life.

Comment

wow!!---^^ that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition View Post
                              Hey, Ok im 18yrs old and only had my drivers permit for about a year.
                              Ive already had one car before never got into any accidents or anything. My Skyline is about to arrive but i just wanna know does anyone have an estimated price i would be paying?
                              don't feel bad were in the same boat:/

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey wondering if anyone has updates on companies that will insure you in quebec?

27, perfect driving record, but have an ontario drivers licence (in QC for school).

Comment

Working...
                                X