Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKYMEET 2010: Calgary convoy

SKYMEET 2010

Update: Date has been tentatively set for the weekend of July 10/11.

I guess that will make it tough for a few people that were thinking Canada day weekend only. If your serious about coming please start thinking about booking the 9th off from work.

Date: TBA

PLAN:
    Calgary participants would meet at the McDonalds across from Canada olympic park in the morning, somewhere around 7:00 AM. Get everything together, and make sure everyone's there.

Leave at 8:00 AM

Estimated distance is 510 km, about 6 hours driving time.

If this picture is big enough, I've marked three rally point along the route. We will try to stop for no more than 20 minutes. but it'll give our cars a chance to cool down, and pick up anyone that we lost. I think Golden is a good spot to stop for lunch.

#1: Banff
    #2: Golden: Lunch
    #3: Revelstoke

With the stops I've planned, we should arrive at around 3:30 pm in Salmon Arm. From here we would drive to whatever camp site near shushwap lake is selected. This would most likely be a Friday so:

If people can't get the full day off, a second group could be organized to leave at noon or possibly 3. This is a long way off so getting the day off shouldn't be a problem for those who really want to go.

Estimated Cost List

Gas: $100.00 one way.
    510 kms. Average 450 kms a tank. I'm going to pray that premium is no more than 1.10 so figure 1.3 tanks at 70~ tank.

Food: $70.00
    30 a day (probably cheaper) for the weekend. 10 dollars for lunch in Golden. Add what you might spend on snacks for the road trip.

Accomodation: $30.00-?
    Camping is rarely more than 10 a night. Lots of hotels in the area. Can range from 30 a night to however much you'd like to spend.

I think thats it for now. Input is encouraged. I'll add updates when they come.

If you plan to attend:
    number
    car

Lets try to keep the thread clean.

Hope to see you at SKYMEET 2010!!

Sean

hotdamnn.. Sean you weren't kidding about super cereal...
    this message is APPROVED
    also i'm gonna chalk you up as the calgary organizer
    ----------------------------------------------
    widebody rb25 r32
    Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
    We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
    ----------------------------------------------
    friends of:
    genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
    Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

I would be interested in coming providing their was enough ppl attending.

Justin
      RB powa S13
      PM for number

Comment

Alright cool. Yea this is gonna be fun. I might be able to get my friend to come with a trailer and some empty seats in case anyones car just doesn't feel like driving that far. I'll start a list once more people surface.

Comment

hmm, since i seem to be the only edmonton guy interested i might join you guys on this.
          Greg
          White BNR32
          780-909-GREG

Comment

the meeting place is perfect cus i live 2 min away lol
            whats the day/days planned?
            If you're not first you're last

Comment

i will go if there's serious interest the weekend of..

Every year there's dozens of "totally! ftw ftw skyzmeetz!!" and then 2 of us 30year olds actually show up.
              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

I would be down to go depending on the date. I'm not sure ill have my skyline still then but Ill probably still tag along if I dont have it.

Graham
                403-704-7464
                White 1990 GT-R

Comment

PARADIS: I hear ya. But I guarantee that I'm going, and a few friends. and I'm sure a lot of people from BC will show. I'm not taking any "for sure's" seriously until closer to the weekend of (TBA) but the plan will remain the same.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Manny-u*nit View Post
                    the meeting place is perfect cus i live 2 min away lol
                    whats the day/days planned?
                    Hey they're still speculating. Most likely late June or early July I assume.

Sean

Comment

sounds good to me.. send pm when the date is figured out
                      If you're not first you're last

Comment

Well when the week gets closer, i'll commit so long as there's atleast 3-4 other cars (largely for back up if any of us run into mechanical issues along the way. NO one wants to be hooped in Golden BC by themselves. someone bring an extra water pump*)

I've always wanted to make the trip with my car through rogers pass, and the 'shwaps is a reasonable distance
                        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

We'd definitly be interested!

Only issue we would only be able to make it Canada Day long week end.
                          93 GTR - Sold
                          92 4 Door - Sold
                          90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
                          2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                            Well when the week gets closer, i'll commit so long as there's atleast 3-4 other cars (largely for back up if any of us run into mechanical issues along the way. NO one wants to be hooped in Golden BC by themselves. someone bring an extra water pump*)

I've always wanted to make the trip with my car through rogers pass, and the 'shwaps is a reasonable distance
                            could meet up in gasoline alley on the way down, with anyluck i won't be alone from edmonton...

Comment

Yea we'll definitely need to meet with some Edmonton guys. probably petro-canada just outside of Calgary so that they can come south from cochrane and not have to cut through the city at all. Any Edmonton people will have to leave preetty early though lol.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                              X