No announcement yet.

Best single plate Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im running a clutchmaster stage 4 single disc (disc +flywheel)
    they are cheap ..and they can hanlde 500whp and abuse
    ive got over 15000km on my clutch no complaints yet
    89 GTR GT4088R built bottom end stock head
    10.74@132mph ...old setup

Comment

Originally posted by JBNR32 View Post
      Wrong

I've got an RPS 6 puck and I HIGHLY recomend it for a lightly modded car (below 500hp). I've taken the car to the track a few times, 6,000 rpm launches NO slip. Perfectly streetable and no chatter.

Its for sale actually

Johnny
      I heard about this clutch, can hold up quite a bit. Its also quite affordable, Mike at Ztune quoted it about $465 cdn. Was told its quite streetable on a gtr but not so on the gts

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
        I made a very large post regarding this.
        well can u post the link please?

Comment

Originally posted by cbileske View Post
          I have a ACT 6 puck clutch, it is awesome.. doesnt shutter, is a little stiff but works great, i have another friend who has the same clutch in his car and has been racing it hard for 2 or 3 yrs.. mine cost me about $500 at lordco. I think it was the street sport one.
          is your hub sprung or a solid hub

Comment

Originally posted by dawgmode View Post
            well can u post the link please?
            there is a search function for a reason, i have already narrowed it down for you

Comment

Hey guys, here's a little info on the RPS clutches. The 300ZX NA clutch will work with the GTS-Ts. The dowel pin on the flywheel is in a slightly different spot, so you just have to drill out a small hole in the clutch cover.

The nice thing about the RPS clutches VS. ACT is that they use a smoother friction material (stock-like engagement), but they have lots of clamping force to make sure they hold!

RPS Sport Street 6-Puck Clutch KIT - 300ft-lbs - $391

RPS Max Street Clutch KIT - 400ft-lbs - $412

RPS Max Street 6-Puck Clutch KIT - 520ft-lbs - $469

We're also investigating having RPS make GTS-T and GT-R 4 and 6 puck clutchs that will be good for up to 800ft-lbs! More info on that soon
              FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
              - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

put it this way if i spend 1300usd on a nismo clutch, i live in the bahamas, we have 60% tax automotive parts, then add $150 for shipping
                that $2320 just to get it here. so that would be pretty much 3k just for a clutch, i dont think so.....I luv the car..but not that much
                Ship it to me, I can repackage it as a decorative item. Or a cultural souvenir. I'll say it's burnt out and its memorabilia from a drift even or something.

I second the referral to the RPS clutch. I had the RPS 6-Puck with the 2700lb pressure plate and segmented flywheel on my 300ZX and loved it. Amazing grab, not too much noise - just a bit of a "whir" when you're slipping it to engage. Very streetable for an aggressive clutch.
                Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                  there is a search function for a reason, i have already narrowed it down for you
                  well never mind then..jeezzz.....

Comment

I've used the ACT 2600 6 puck twice.

both times it grabbed fantastically.

in my RX-7 it chattered alot, I wouldn't recommend it if you hate chatter but it didn't bug me.

in my DSM it chattered very slightly, wasn't a bother at all.

in both cars, it grabbed very well and never slipped even with more than double the stock horsepower.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                      I've used the ACT 2600 6 puck twice.

both times it grabbed fantastically.

in my RX-7 it chattered alot, I wouldn't recommend it if you hate chatter but it didn't bug me.

in my DSM it chattered very slightly, wasn't a bother at all.

in both cars, it grabbed very well and never slipped even with more than double the stock horsepower.
                      yea but theres a BIG difference between a no torque rotory and a 4 banger eclipse compared to the gtr

for instance, ive driven evos and silvias with tha spec 3 and i currently have the spec 3+ in my car now and this thing feels nothing like how it did in those cars, it just doesnt feel like it can deal with the abuse or launching, lol i kno its sad to say but ive had this car since October last year and i have yet to launch this car, yes i kno its a damn shame

Comment

[QUOTE=MikeM@Ztune;342249]Hey guys, here's a little info on the RPS clutches. The 300ZX NA clutch will work with the GTS-Ts.
                        QUOTE]

what about the GTR

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM@Ztune View Post
                          Hey guys, here's a little info on the RPS clutches. The 300ZX NA clutch will work with the GTS-Ts. The dowel pin on the flywheel is in a slightly different spot, so you just have to drill out a small hole in the clutch cover.

The nice thing about the RPS clutches VS. ACT is that they use a smoother friction material (stock-like engagement), but they have lots of clamping force to make sure they hold!

RPS Sport Street 6-Puck Clutch KIT - 300ft-lbs - $391

RPS Max Street Clutch KIT - 400ft-lbs - $412

RPS Max Street 6-Puck Clutch KIT - 520ft-lbs - $469

We're also investigating having RPS make GTS-T and GT-R 4 and 6 puck clutchs that will be good for up to 800ft-lbs! More info on that soon
                          you say it fits gtsts but what about the GTR

Comment

you say it fits gtsts but what about the GTR
                            300zx na, rb20/26 series clutches are all interchangable. Even sr20 flywheel

Comment

Originally posted by dawgmode
                              which model RPS clutch do you have also, we use the same size clutch as the 300zx TT right?
                              I had the N/a 300zx one, the one good for 520tq.

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog View Post
                                300zx na, rb20/26 series clutches are all interchangable. Even sr20 flywheel
                                so ur saying a twin plate on the market will fit a 20 25 and 26

Comment

Working...
                                X