Question on max boost with a stock rb26dett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nismo BKK View Post
    The r32 rb26dett compression number out of the factory is 171 psi. 140-160 psi is good for an rb26 that was never rebuilt with stock internals. I believe 117 psi is the lowest limit and I think about 14-15 psi is allowed for variances on all the cylinders. Having a strong motor is a must if you are doing a build for more hp.
    Thanks for the info. I had this already, I was just curious what kind of numbers he had...ops:
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by MR666 View Post
      I Agree, Stock turbo's don't perform past .9 bar. Not to say you can't make them spin past that point but the amount of heat generated just defeats what your trying to do.

On another point Water/Methanol is without a doubt a good addition to simulate a higher octane fuel.
      if that's the case, why did my car go 12.23 @ 0.9 bar and 11.52 @ ~1.6 bar?

0.7 seconds and probably about 80 horsepower say you're wrong.
      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Terrh, are they rebuilt with metal internals or R33/R34 OEMs?
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

I have seen the dyno graph and i have been there to see the results so yes it did happen, and yes you are wrong to be skepitcle. That information was never meant to leave the dyno anyway because there are better things to come. and it was the cams that made the huge difference paired with meth and tune

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
            Terrh, are they rebuilt with metal internals or R33/R34 OEMs?
            They are or were R32 ceramic wheel'ed OEM's. Look at his build thread.
            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
            It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
              They are or were R32 ceramic wheel'ed OEM's. Look at his build thread.
              Correct. Car (and the turbo, I believe) had 190,000KM on it when it failed.

10,000% sure that it was an OEM ceramic R32 GTR turbo. Nothing special about it. Just a plain old R32 turbo.
              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

You'll see the boost plot on dynograph drop at higher rpm's, boost levels when turbo's run out of puff.

This is a good example, where you can see the boost plot dropping at higher rpm's, boost levels -

You can extract 430ps out of stock R32GTR turbo's with stock cams, stock intercooler, upgraded fuelsystem, etc. Add cams, intercooler, probably could extract more hp.

Then 455ps out of R34 N1 turbo's (still factory turbo's, as they were sold on the Nur, N1 models) at a lower boost level with stock cams. But can push that out to 550ps with upgraded cams, upgraded intercooler, more boost.

Then 445ps out of R33 N1 turbo's (still factory turbo's, as they were sold on the N1 models) at a lower boost level with stock cams. But can push to 540ps with upgraded cams, upgraded intercooler, more boost.

This is a boost up on R34GTR (stock turbo's) with PowerFC + MAF vs HKS F-con Pro+ MAP -

Power -

Boost -

Note: The MAP setup produces more hp with the same timing, fuel.

To convert kw to hp just x by 1.341.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanx alot for the info guys! Some good numbers. Had a idea, but was curious from other builds what works

cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X