What My Car Needs to Survive power goals of 600WHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What My Car Needs to Survive power goals of 600WHP

So with my block nearing completion, its time to look at how to support this kind of power. I have been dealing with the guys at autodream for a while now and finally have gotten a fully built long block (minus the oil pump).

Long story short, it has all the tricks on and I'm 99% sure I wanna put a T51R on it (open to suggestions). For those of you familiar with Win's GT-R at autodream it is a very similar build to his car.

My main concern is, with this kind of power, what parts do I need in regards to mainly to fuel, oil and drive components? Not very familiar with these systems when it comes to such high power. Do I go for 800cc injectors or more? Internal or external fuel pumps? LSD's, HICAS locks etc..? This is the kind of advice I'm looking for. And the main goal here is not to simply reach 600WHP bare minimum... I want all of this to sustain 600WHP.

In addition, if there are any other parts that people with 500+ recommend please chime in, I have never dealt with this kind of power in a build.
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Well I would start with a smaller turbo. Why get a 1000hp turbo for 600hp? I know they look cool and all but you'll be spooling way later than you could with something smaller. Get some 2860s or GT-RSs if you want room to grow

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
      So with my block nearing completion, its time to look at how to support this kind of power. I have been dealing with the guys at autodream for a while now and finally have gotten a fully built long block (minus the oil pump).

Long story short, it has all the tricks on and I'm 99% sure I wanna put a T51R on it (open to suggestions). For those of you familiar with Win's GT-R at autodream it is a very similar build to his car.

My main concern is, with this kind of power, what parts do I need in regards to mainly to fuel, oil and drive components? Not very familiar with these systems when it comes to such high power. Do I go for 800cc injectors or more? Internal or external fuel pumps? LSD's, HICAS locks etc..? This is the kind of advice I'm looking for. And the main goal here is not to simply reach 600WHP bare minimum... I want all of this to sustain 600WHP.

In addition, if there are any other parts that people with 500+ recommend please chime in, I have never dealt with this kind of power in a build.
      What's your budget good for? $10k, 15k, 20k, 30k+? That will help you find out how reliable it'll get. Are you looking for big peak power or good power band?
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ben @ JNS Imports View Post
        Well I would start with a smaller turbo. Why get a 1000hp turbo for 600hp? I know they look cool and all but you'll be spooling way later than you could with something smaller. Get some 2860s or GT-RSs if you want room to grow
        I'd rather not stretch a turbo to its maximum potential. I would also like room to grow some from 600WHP if I want to in the future. Also I should mention that this will be a single turbo setup. Full boost no later than 4000-4500rmp with power all the way upto 8k+With that in mind, any recommendations?

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        What's your budget good for? $10k, 15k, 20k, 30k+? That will help you find out how reliable it'll get. Are you looking for big peak power or good power band?
        Budget is gonna be close to the 20k range. Paid 7.5k on a really good deal on my block, X to install it and the rest in parts.
        As for power band, I want the best of both really. Big power numbers with the best curve I can get.
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

I think there was a good thread a little while ago about single turbo options, discussing both area under the curve and peak power. If i remember correctly is was started by former member JD47 or 74 or whatever.

Found it: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthre...highlight=teen

As far as sustaining over 600WHP, for your oil system there are several things I would be considering:
          - JUN Oil Drive Collar, Or newer style Crank
          - Tomei Pump (If going this route a higher capacity pan is suggested. Tomei, RIPS,...)
          - Good Baffling (Pretty sure Tomei and RIPS pan include this)
          - The Tomei Head oil restrictor
          - Better Head to pan drainage
          - Oil cooler

I'm sure the more experienced will have things to add to this list..
          Originally posted by Z-Tuned
          Next question is: should I stroke it??
          Originally posted by Wingnut
          Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

my 2 cents, T51R seems kinda overkill if you ask me for just 600whp, and you have 12.5k to play with roughly, i would pay the extra, to get someone to make me a good quality, tubular style, single turbo manifold with V-Band Ports and an flange for a nice external Wastegate. and i would go with a TiAL GT35R Turbo with V-Band housings, and a nice Big TiAL V-41 Wastegate to really get things screaming at full boost (my buddy has one and it sounds sooooo good).

and why V-Band? a GT35R to me would be the perfect turbo for the job, and cheaper than a T51R, so when your bored of 600whp, and you want more, get a TiAL GT42R and its a relatively easy swap with the V-Band Housings.

and is your motor still 2.6L? and what engine management system you gonna use?
            Check out my RB30 build at
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

I would buy a mustang

Comment

Unlike a skyline or any import in that case, a mustang can make big power on little budget. I remember making under 400hp in my 5L LX with very little cost.

600whp will not be cheap. On a single turbo you should see that easily but you'll have no power before 5500rpm most likely. Kinda like a supra I guess. 800hp and 12 second quartermile lol jj. A RIPS 3L should be a good start.
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by greddytrustGTR View Post
                  and is your motor still 2.6L? and what engine management system you gonna use?
                  Motor is still 2.6L. For management I have a PFC unit currently but I have heard alot about ViPEC (sp?). Between the two and if there is no REAL benefits to the ViPEC ill stick with PFC.

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  600whp will not be cheap. On a single turbo you should see that easily but you'll have no power before 5500rpm most likely. Kinda like a supra I guess. 800hp and 12 second quartermile lol jj. A RIPS 3L should be a good start.
                  Cost is not of primary concern... no power before 5500rpm is. Also A "RIPS 3L" is what? Sorry, like I said not very familiar with this stuff

Comment

There are more benefits to a VIPEC than a PFC, other than the fact that a power FC is old technology, then again, so is a GTR I guess.
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

The T51R is not the right turbo for the job. For starters, it's horridly overpriced because it says HKS on it, when really it's just a GT42R with different housings.

I don't agree with V-band exhaust housings being the bees knees for easy turbo swapping either. The GT35R uses a smaller inlet flange than the 42R, so you'd have to mod the manifold anyways. Running a GT35R with a T4 housing you could swap to something as large as a BullsEye S380R with (hopefully) just a downpipe and inlet pipe change to support somewhere north of 1100 WHP.
                      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                      It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by hozer View Post
                        ... Also A "RIPS 3L" is what? Sorry, like I said not very familiar with this stuff
                        a RIPS 3L is a motor built buy R.I.P.S, its an RB30 instead of RB26 so instead of 2.6Litres you get 3Litres. for more information, check out http://www.ripsltd.com/products.html or scroll down to my sig and click the link, i am currently building a RIPS 3L motor. but it costs a left nut (god gave us 2 for a reason).

and i dont know a lot about the PFC and the ViPEC, are they standalones? or are they piggybacks? im currently using the AEM EMS, and it works great, hooked it up with the AEM True Boost, and can control the whole car from the small laptop in my glove compartment.
                        Check out my RB30 build at
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

Alrighty so from what I gather, I need to rethink that turbo choice. I'll look into that today

And can anyone who has use BOTH A PFC and VIPEC comment on some of the advantages of either setup vs the other

Comment

I dont think he is around here much anymore, but Wingnut has PFC on his gtr and switched to ViPEC for his gts. He might be a good person to talk to, but I can tell you right now he will reccomend ViPEC lol. He convinced me to sell my PFC and buy a ViPEC instead, I havent bought it yet though.
                            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                            Next question is: should I stroke it??
                            Originally posted by Wingnut
                            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Yeah, in hindsight, I probably should have went with the Vipec, as I've been hearing good things about it all the time. My tuner is comfortable with AEM, so thats what I went with.

Comment

Working...
                              X