Rb26 Transmission rebuild kit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb26 Transmission rebuild kit???

Hey guys, I'm a little stumped of where to get a rebuild kit for my transmission. I ordered one from king-o-matic and they said it would work but the synchro's are completely different sizes. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what kit I should be asking for or if anyone has a specific part number? And also where I can pick one of these up?

the transmission i got is apart, so i'm looking to get these parts overnighted and purchased ASAP

thanks for any help.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

I don't think there is a kit man. I think you just need to order whatever individual parts you need. I could be mistaken though.

Comment

no kit. the only kit would the the synchro kit.
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

I know where (in Japan) you can get a new/refurbished one. Mine was swapped out last winter. But I dont know where to get a rebuild kit.

Check out my YouTube Channel - HERE
        Check out FS Motorsports - HERE

Comment

Actually guys I believe that os given does make a rebuild kit for this specific transmission. It came up in topic a while ago with a jdm source I know. I would check to see the sizing and maybe call up os giken or get ahold of then and see what they have to offer. But in saying this, we all know that os giken does not make cheap crap so it might cost more than just oem. But why wouldn't there be any oem rebuilds for it? Don't they have rebuild part availability for all parts of the car?

Mostly where I would start is Adam@feast. He has gotten some great oem items that have worked great for me.
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
            Adam@feast.
            A+++ guy to deal with

Comment

Yes sir man. Definitely knows his shitt and although I have yet to meet him I do enjoy the business that he not only provides me with but also the community. It's great!

Comment

Apparently the z32 internals are the same. Can anyone confirm this?
                “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I have heard that there are similarities with the internals but I'm not sure if they are the same. That would be great if they were because it would make things really easy on you

Comment

Z32 internals are the same as per PPG statements.

I have an R33 GTR gearbox I don't need if you're super stuck for one. Located in Alberta.
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

nah thats ok, I can rebuild my own easily, I just need the parts, then it'll be minty fresh. thanks tho

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                        Actually guys I believe that os given does make a rebuild kit for this specific transmission. It came up in topic a while ago with a jdm source I know. I would check to see the sizing and maybe call up os giken or get ahold of then and see what they have to offer. But in saying this, we all know that os giken does not make cheap crap so it might cost more than just oem. But why wouldn't there be any oem rebuilds for it? Don't they have rebuild part availability for all parts of the car?

Mostly where I would start is Adam@feast. He has gotten some great oem items that have worked great for me.
                        OS Giken sells gearsets but I dont think any "rebuild kit" exists. I would just tear it down and inspect the gears, replace synchros and bearings as needed and off you go.

Question for somebody who has rebuilt one, Is it normally just the blocker rings being worn that causes our common grinding issues?
                        Last edited by bignate; 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

i have 2 dissassembled gtr trans...one complete not parting but im sure you can get 5 good syncros out of the two i have parted... thats is if they are all the same for all gears i think 2 and 4th are in bad shape on both of them but if they are interchangeable sir, you just might be in luck let me know. if in dire need heres my cell 604 302 8921 oh and im not too far from you! dunno what they are worthid imagine like eleventy billion seeing how your ina pickle! ;P j/k

unfortunatly it is just the blocker rings that cause this issue i bought 3 tranies just to make one and lucked out the entire mainshaft and countershaft assy was mint in one of em
                          Last edited by DRIFT4LIFE; 05-17-2011, 07:16 PM.
                          1990 GTS-4 soon to have rb25det
                          239hp@14 psi stock turbo
                          Drift or die tryin...8)

WTB *AWD* RB25DE BLOCK ONLY PM

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                            Z32 internals are the same as per PPG statements.

I have an R33 GTR gearbox I don't need if you're super stuck for one. Located in Alberta.
                            I would go with that, true you have to convert from push to pull with the clutch but an R33 tranny is the only way you are going to get your hands on new syncros. R32 syncros haven't been avail. for about 5-8 years now. You can also just pull all of the parts you need out and just match them up to readily avail. equivilants. Brgings for example can just be crossed over to existing stuff in Timken, SKF, NTN, etc....

Nissan FAST is your friend, most of the things you will need (with the exception of the syncros) can be had at your local Nissan dealer. For me, all of the brgings in the front end (king pins, etc...) were had at my local BC Bearing except one, that I got from my local dealership (saved about $100 going that route).

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I have talked to a friend and he looked it up, the z32 and r32 gtr internal tranny components are all the same part numbers except for one bearing. I have ordered a Z32 kit, so I'll report back when I get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X