No announcement yet.

Rb26 Transmission rebuild kit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recieved the z32 kit, the synchro's, bearings, gaskets and seals are all the same. There is one extra bearing that comes in the kit that does not fit, so you can have a paper weight. There is a hope for synchro grind for you guys
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

oh damn!!! If only I knew that when I had to rebuilt mine.. I dunno what the tranny shop did to find parts actually..

How much for the whole set?
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

the kit was $304 bucks with rushed shipping, got to the shop in 2hrs from kingomatic.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

so What does that kit include? just bearings and synchros?

Comment

That's odd, I wonder why the Ausies haven't been able to get their hands on new syncros in a long time. A 300ZX kit is just too easy, got my fingers crossed for you, this would be a nice surprise. Might just put off that PPG gearset for another year (like I have a choice.....lol).

I take it that's the TT300ZX kit, was there a diff between the TT and the NA trans?

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 05-19-2011, 08:51 PM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
              That's odd, I wonder why the Ausies haven't been able to get their hands on new syncros in a long time. A 300ZX kit is just too easy, got my fingers crossed for you, this would be a nice surprise. Might just put off that PPG gearset for another year (like I have a choice.....lol).

I take it that's the TT300ZX kit, was there a diff between the TT and the NA trans?

Jon.
              Not sure about the trans but I know the clutch is different

Comment

I ordered a 300zx TT manual tranny kit. All parts are the same, heres a picture of the kit installed

Comment

awesome im glad you did this, im gonna rebuild mine now!
                  2003 350z track
                  1990 Skline GTR
                  1995 240sx

Comment

$300? Thats pretty amazing if its all the same internals... I ended up buying a new one (BNR32 - Pull type) from Japan last year for more than 5x that price.

What came with your Kit? and post up the part numbers please.

Also have you installed it yet? Any feedback?

Also like Dragon Humper mentioned its really surprising that the Australians or British haven't stumbled upon this solution yet (or atleast posted it anywhere).
                    Last edited by FarShark; 05-25-2011, 11:12 PM.

Check out my YouTube Channel - HERE
                    Check out FS Motorsports - HERE

Comment

Originally posted by FarShark View Post
                      Also like Dragon Humper mentioned its really surprising that the Australians or British haven't stumbled upon this solution yet (or atleast posted it anywhere).
                      That's what baffles me, the Fairlady was avail. in both the UK and AUS markets domestically (in far more limited #s than North America though) and no-one thought of this before? I just figured that they weren't the same (because no-one ever talked about rebuilding the stocker in AUS) and never bothered looking into it any further. That does explain alot though, the 300TTs I have seen over the years, some pushing 600hp have never used anything other than the stock tranny.

I eagerly await the feedback on how she shifts after the freshen-up.

Jon.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 05-26-2011, 01:20 AM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by FarShark View Post
                        $300? Thats pretty amazing if its all the same internals... I ended up buying a new one (BNR32 - Pull type) from Japan last year for more than 5x that price.

What came with your Kit? and post up the part numbers please.

Also have you installed it yet? Any feedback?

The kit came with the shifter and front plate gasket, front and rear seals. Needle thrust bearings, ball bearings for both the shaft and housings and of course the synchros. There were a few needle roller bearings that weren't included for the speed gears as well has new snap rings but the rest is all there. I will grab that part number asap.

Comment

Part # on the box says Bk240cws from king-o-matic. Just specify its for a 300zx tt manual trans.

Comment

When are you putting a tranny back in the car? GOOD JOB with this find!))))
                            Also, do you have any tips if im going to rebuild one!? (I mean its not going to be my first manual tranny rebuild, but still what was the hardest thing to do?)
                            TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

unfortunately the tranny wont be running until the engine is back in the car, but i cant see a problem with it, it works fine on the bench.

As for some advice, getting the mainshaft and countershaft out of the centerplate is probably the hardest part as you have to alternate between the two when pressing them out doing 1cm or so at a time so the gears don't mesh with eachother. Support the plate as much as you can with wood (keep in mind its aluminum) so you don't bend it while in the press. A few of the gears/bearings for the reverse and 5th are a pain to get off with claw-type pullers as there is little room for the claws to grip, so you'll need a variety of claws to get the job done. Other than that its pretty straight forward, make sure you take your time taking it apart and how the synchros go cuz they can be a bit confusing. Oh and make sure you dont lose the check ball on the mainshaft when pressing it out of the housing, have a magnet ready, its a small little bugger.

Comment

Wow good find. Is this a job that a mechanically inclined person (but not a mechanic) could tackle? Or is it pretty complicated?

Comment

Working...
                                X