No announcement yet.

Rb26 Transmission rebuild kit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah.. First one.. well I learned manual on that gtr and it's 20yr old.. so I was expecting that..

However, 2 yeard later, I sincerely feel that it's the shop I went to get it rebuild that did a bad job.. I had to come back 6month later for the clutch and they told me so much ********, I'm sure they put some ******** on my tranny rebuild too.

between the rebuild, I drove maybe 3000-4000 kms and did ummmm max 15 run of drag.. maybe closer to 10.
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Just for info I pay $ 2657.81 to buy new
      Part number is 32010-05U81

R32
      Last edited by SKYGTR; 01-12-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

That's R33, no transfer case right?
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          That's R33, no transfer case right?

R32, transfer case sold separately

Comment

Got a part number for the Tcase?
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
              Got a part number for the Tcase?

No

Comment

would this kit be enought?

Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Hey OP, by any chance you have driven the new tranny yet? I really look forward for some actual results.

Comment

^ Same as above, just bumping the thread to hear positive results from driving on this tranny!))))

ALSO, OP do you have any idea where a guy can find transfer case clutches/ complete clutch kit?

Let us know about tranny dude!)
                    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                      ^ Same as above, just bumping the thread to hear positive results from driving on this tranny!))))

ALSO, OP do you have any idea where a guy can find transfer case clutches/ complete clutch kit?

To the best of my knowledge the transfer case internals don't interchange with anything else but I'd love to be proven wrong on that. The transfer case parts can be looked up on FAST and ordered through the dealer.

Comment

^Im pretty shure the only wearing parts would be a clutches for a cheap and fast rebuild!)))

Anyway, yesterday (Aug 28, 2012) with the help of my frinds shop account number at KING O MATIC i verifyed the price of the rebuild kit from 300zx
                        (kit number BK240CWS ) The price is $320 and they have it on the shelf, so i took a picture of it!
                        Hey CALIBER676 is it looks familiar??

TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                          Hey man, I can't give you an answer on if the internals will fit the rb25 tranny. As for a kit, just find your local transmission shop and ask them to get you a rebuild kit for a z32 300zx Twin turbo. They will source it out and get it for you. I paid approx 340cad all in.
                          can anyone answer if these internals will fit in the rb25 tranny?
                          this sounds like a good winter project
                          01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
                          93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
                          95 R33 GTS-T
                          04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

That looks like the same kit. When you remove the two halves of the transmission housing just match up the size of the bearings and synchros to make sure they are the same. You should have one extra bearing in the kit if I remember correctly
                            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post

Tuners in Japan sell upgrade clutch pack kits. I think it was Kakimoto, JUN, etc.

Also Kakimoto has a front cover upgrade for high hp GTR transmissions (right side, scroll down) -

Don't seem to show the transfer case internal upgrades on website.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

If I remember my go to Nissan master tech said they look like the same internals as a pathfinder, I have no idea if that's even remotely accurate.
                                “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
                                X