crzyone's "project" car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good!

Looking forward to a fun track season. See ya out there.

Dan
    sigpic
    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

• You're nuts! At least you don't have a tight budget but some spare change to feed this monster, usually the main failure for most of us.

You'll love those tires, pretty sticky and not too expensive. I'm still on my set of RE01R's from 3 years ago!! My RE11's are patiently waiting on those to finish off, I think I still have 80% left, I have a smooth 300whp.
      The front diff isn't usually an issue if you have a larger oil capacity. The big problem with the power you will have is the gear box. OSG 1-5 has had great feedback. You seem to have to budget for a PPG set though... go straight cut! I would if I could.
      That huge fuel pump is gonna be loud!! eek. Where's the surge tank from? Having issues finding a nice one as I'm retaining the stock fuel tank.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

• i bought the same catch from mopac, its giant though! didnt look as big in the store. Havent found where i want to mount mine yet... any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
          Sounds good!

Looking forward to a fun track season. See ya out there.

Dan
          I just had a look at your car, all I can say is WOW! Sweet dry sump, and everything is so clean. I won't be any competition for you this year. You have a lot of seat time in a GTR, and now your car is a step above. Looking forward to being out there regardless!

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          You're nuts! At least you don't have a tight budget but some spare change to feed this monster, usually the main failure for most of us.

You'll love those tires, pretty sticky and not too expensive. I'm still on my set of RE01R's from 3 years ago!! My RE11's are patiently waiting on those to finish off, I think I still have 80% left, I have a smooth 300whp.
          The front diff isn't usually an issue if you have a larger oil capacity. The big problem with the power you will have is the gear box. OSG 1-5 has had great feedback. You seem to have to budget for a PPG set though... go straight cut! I would if I could.
          That huge fuel pump is gonna be loud!! eek. Where's the surge tank from? Having issues finding a nice one as I'm retaining the stock fuel tank.
          I'll have to blow up the transmission before I replace it. Who knows, maybe buying $3-500 stockers and running what they have left is an option. Ragardless, I'll be scoping out an R33 GTR 5 speed for a potential OS Gilken gearset candidate.

I've heard noting but rave reviews for RE11s so that's why I went with them. I still want to drive this car on the road occasionally so having good street/track tires is a must for me.

As for the A1000, had it in my car for about a month and took it out. Couldn't hear the engine over the fuel pump.... Have a Walbro 255 feeding the surge tank and an OBX pump is going to feed the engine. DSport did a fuel pump test and the OBX had over 600whp worth of fuel flow. Just the right size for my build.

I bought the surge tank on e-bay of all places. There are a lot of nice ones if you just do a search for "fuel surge tank". Think mine came from the UK somewhere, good quality and the size I wanted.

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
          i bought the same catch from mopac, its giant though! didnt look as big in the store. Havent found where i want to mount mine yet... any ideas?
          Yup, that's where I got it. I'm mounting my battery behind the passenger seat so I'm going to put it in the stock battery location.
          Last edited by Willis; 03-19-2012, 09:25 PM.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Originally posted by Willis View Post
            I just had a look at your car, all I can say is WOW! Sweet dry sump, and everything is so clean. I won't be any competition for you this year. You have a lot of seat time in a GTR, and now your car is a step above. Looking forward to being out there regardless!
            I'd hope it's all sick and clean looking at the cost of parts and labour on it!!!

If you're looking for an R33 box, I have a spare with less than 100,000km on it sitting around. PM if you want it. Located in Fort McMurray or Red Deer if it's closer as I live at either location from week to week.
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• How did I miss this build all these years! Nice car man, love it. Who knew this thing was hidden in whitecourt!
              Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• ^ Thanks. There seems to be a fairly healthy Grand Prarie Skyline population. Might have to take a rip up there one of these days.

Parts slowly starting to roll in. Tires arrived today. Thanks UPS for leaving $1700 worth of tires outside my door...

RE-11 265/35R18. Finally some decent tires. Now I just need other excuses to be slow.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• So after 3 months I got my head back and installed it this last week. It's been over a year since I've heard my car run and I still have to wait for a July 13th dyno appointment to bring her back to life.

Slowly comming along.

Fianlly all back together

The previous builder of my head did a horrible job. One of the cam cap bolt holes was helicoiled but the helicoil they put in was a standard size and not metric, but they put the metric bolt in anyways. Probably led to the #7 cam cap comming off and making all this mess. Plus the valve shimming way off so that's all corrected now. Installed a set of Tomei cam cap studs, don't ever want this happening again.

Tomorrow I'm picking up couplers and hoses to finish putting my engine bay back together. After that I'm going to finish installing my fuel surge tank.

Installed my new 6 point harnesses. The interior looks just that much more badass now

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Did Lightspeed do your head this time? If so, what did you have done? Just curious, as mine was just done there too.
                    oh hai!

Comment

• Yup, Lightspeed. They fitted a new cam cap and reshimmed my followers. My head was already ported otherwise I would have had them CNC port it as well.

Turnaround time was more than expected but I trust their work. They will be tuning my Vipec on the 13th as well.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Turnaround time appears to be an issue with most shops up north. It's one of those things you gotta live with if you wanna save a few 100 rather than sending your lump down to the elite shops in the US.

On the other hand if you trust the shop, then timing is minor. I agree they are a great shop, I just can't afford the bills at the end.
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• looking good man! that was a long thread. hopefully we can get together this year and show some city folk how the whitecourt boys are doing it.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan. Next week will be busy getting it all buttoned up for dyno day. What can go wrong with a Friday the 13th dyno tune?

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
                              i bought the same catch from mopac, its giant though! didnt look as big in the store. Havent found where i want to mount mine yet... any ideas?
                              Well it took a year but I finally have it mounted in the only place I could find that actually works.

2 -12 120* AN fittings

Not sure if I'm going to keep this catch can or not. I'll be relocating my battery so I might buy one that fits in that location instead.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• It's been a year since the last update "going to the dyno" and you update a catch can?

What's the word on this? Left the shop running?
                                No build thread.
                                1991 nissan
                                El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Working...
                                X