Project: Cop Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inline Slut View Post
    intense manifold....I hope its exactly the same as pictured, looks high qaulity 8-)
    its full-race.

so that means it will probably be better than what you see in the picture

but yes, definately very interested in this build! ive been trying to decide for the longest time wether to go big single twin scroll or run twins.

are you going for the response manifold? or the top end one?

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
      its full-race.

so that means it will probably be better than what you see in the picture

but yes, definately very interested in this build! ive been trying to decide for the longest time wether to go big single twin scroll or run twins.

are you going for the response manifold? or the top end one?
      Yeah I order it today and they start building it. I was especially interested in them since they flow test everything before they ship it out, which is stellar. Only downside is it will take 4-6 weeks for them to make the manifold I decided to go with the response manifold, but I may talk with them a bit more today when ordering to go over what the differences are exactly and what might be best for my setup.

Comment

Update!

Alrighty so I ordered the Manifold so they are starting to build that now, I went with the response manifold as they have a customer in australia using it running around 1000HP and has very quick spooling, so I think it will do what I am looking for sucks I have to wait so long, but I guess it will make it even more awesome when it does get here!

Also, here in Saskatoon there is an annual "Cruise Weekend" going on this weekend. Basically they block off the main downtown area and its full of old/new cars and lots of stereo's and such, from 8AM to 8PM. I somehow managed to get my car into the show, so hopefully I get lots of good pictures

after this weekend I think I am doing one last video for a friend, then its time to start ripping the car apart! (hood, front bumper) and start getting to work on pulling them turbo's off.

Comment

Rock on Fuzen, rock on.

Hopefully we will be out there soon today to get some pics for yah :-)
          (No more images in signature, no more car winking avatar. Weee)

Comment

did you use any special cleaning products on you engine bay ? I'm looking to do the same thing very soon and yours came out really good.
            Tџяϊsмø

Comment

So yeah was out driving the other night and car started steaming, not sure what happened yet for sure but its obviously the rad. I don't know if its a cracked line or the actual rad itself, as when its sitting it doesnt drain completely just a bit, so who knows might be ordering a new rad with all these new parts as well?

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
              did you use any special cleaning products on you engine bay ? I'm looking to do the same thing very soon and yours came out really good.
              I used Meguiar's Vinyl and rubber cleaner, worked very good.

Comment

Check the rad overflow if it happens again. Could be the water pump going for a ****.
                '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
                  Check the rad overflow if it happens again. Could be the water pump going for a ****.

when it happened the first time the overflow didnt have much in it, so i put some in there for the quick trip home. This morning i checked the overflow and it was still at the full line from where i put it the other day, and it only took about 3/4 of a bottle of water for the rad to be full again.. anyone know what this could mean? may a crack in the top half of the rad?

Comment

let the tear down begin!

got super bored today, so decided to start tearing down the car.

Comment

Comment

Ouch, so what happened? A piece broke off?

Comment

Originally posted by thought View Post
                          Ouch, so what happened? A piece broke off?
                          not sure yet honestly, i think theres a crack in the top half of the rad though from whats happening with the fluid and how its only draining the top bit of it. There is only 1 bolt left holding the fan shroud onto the rad and once that is off I can pull out the rad and test it out, so I guess its time to order a new rad eh? :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzen View Post
                            not sure yet honestly, i think theres a crack in the top half of the rad though from whats happening with the fluid and how its only draining the top bit of it. There is only 1 bolt left holding the fan shroud onto the rad and once that is off I can pull out the rad and test it out, so I guess its time to order a new rad eh? :-P
                            Yeah I guess it is! Hopefully those aren't expensive....

Comment

look on the bright side, you get a bright shiny new rad that'll look even better in the engine bay.
                              “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                                look on the bright side, you get a bright shiny new rad that'll look even better in the engine bay.
                                Yeah that is true, I want to take off the FMIC and get that all cleaned up too. I will have to look into switching to electric fans too.

Originally posted by thought View Post
                                Yeah I guess it is! Hopefully those aren't expensive....
                                Hmm, well since everything else on the car is expensive i have a feeling this one will be too.

Comment

Working...
                                X