jdmtypes rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdmtypes rebuild

Well this has been an on going adventure, a major lesson in fantasy vs reality .
    Here she was as I bought it 06

This was about as far as it had gotten to as of late August 08

And this is where I'm at now

If lucky the motor should be in the car soon,if more issues dont pop up
    ........Nothing but Good Times........

Be seeing what is attached to your engine, you'll be fine! Sweet supporting mods. Hope to see this through. I have similar stuff junking up my basement so I will be there some day. Keep it up! more pictures and info if you can!
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Looking good so far, can't wait to see the end result!
      I love the first pic of your car that is posted....
      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

All my build parts info is in the gtr tech section in the engine mod database thread, on a side note I tried to be budgety on the ehxaust manifolds u see in the pic...they look good but fittment really sucks so they have to go :hit_head:..

Comment

thanks Daryl...that is one of the few nice pics of the car.......ops:

Comment

I love the gold painted valve covers. Looks great so far man.
            06 WRX

Comment

On a serious note, why did you try to budget on exhaust manifolds, especially not cast but tube, when you have a nismo intake plenum? Kinda like a POS rustbucket beater with sweet 18" wheels... Or better yet good intake with crappy exhaust, kind of a waste?
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Since when are tube headers a cheap or bad thing? Since when is cast better? Did I sleep through something here???
                (No more images in signature, no more car winking avatar. Weee)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                  On a serious note, why did you try to budget on exhaust manifolds, especially not cast but tube, when you have a nismo intake plenum? Kinda like a POS rustbucket beater with sweet 18" wheels... Or better yet good intake with crappy exhaust, kind of a waste?
                  In the big grand scheme of things maybe it wasnt smart to try an be bugety...but even the the cheaper tube manifolds are a better improvement over the stock, for flow. If the cheaper set I had purchased would have fit properly I would have used them.

Comment

Here are some pics of my fittment issues with the X brand manifolds.

As you can see the pipe bend is too short an wont allow the back botls on both turbos to be buttoned up unless I cut the bolts or mod the pipe

In the next pic you can see how the turbo hits the front pipe, this happens on both turbos. It was fixable but by the time I factored in the labour costs to get someone to mod the manifolds it wasnt cheap at all.

So it would have been smarter to just have purchased these in the first place,uless you have good welding skills or a friend that does.

On a side note for anyone who is looking into getting all new turbos,manifold pipes,ect...I'm thinking it may have been super smart to have bought the complete Tomei Arms turbo package. It would have been cheaper overall :hit newb:.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmtypes View Post
                      As you can see the pipe bend is too short an wont allow the back botls on both turbos to be buttoned up unless I cut the bolts or mod the pipe

Wow! That pics is worth a thousand words...glad the new manifolds are working out for you!
                      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

This is one sweet build! Keep it up!

Comment

Well the motor is in now heres a few pics

I'm now having to deal with the all so infamous Autobhann 88 piping. Thanks to the guys on here that have helped me try an sort this issue out . Its almost finished...The motor anyways

Here is pic of the porting can kinda see the knife edge.

On a side note to all who are going to purchase Tomei dump pipes, make sure you get the R32 ones not the R34's. I got the R34's now I have to get the bungs & new sensors to fit them Never assume!!!! :hit newb:

Comment

Well the beast is just about ready to fire if it hasnt already been. Hope this motor doesnt let me down...let the good times roll :drive:... If only I lived in Vancover I could drive it and break this motor in....

Comment

Snow tires?

Comment

Working...
                              X