Do it at home build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it at home build!

I've started my build about 3 months ago,looking to build a single turbo Gtr that will see some street and strip.The engines internals were not changed,a metal 1.2mm head gasket was put in though.I'm also changing some of the appearance of the car aswell.Here's some pictures of the progress up to know.Not much still waiting on most parts to come in.What i'm expecting for the outcome is to hit or come near to 500whp for this year.Next year the motor will be fitted with forged internals and the head will be worked on.

Here's the Trust gracer I bough from Martin..needs a little work

[IMG][/IMG]
    Carbon seibon tt hood

Attain carbon exhaust shield
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hood and bumper fitted just to get a feel how it looks

Removed the turbo set up,a/c,and power steering.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Received My 4.5" thick intercooler and had to fab up some bracked and also cut out a part of the re bar for the intercooler.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

now with the rebar cut and mounted back into place

Got some more goodies in
    [IMG][/IMG]

And the turbo!Thanks to Ryan from Velocity Racing performance for this turbo.He made 602rwhp on this turbo at 21psi with a stock motor and basic fuel system.If you need a great deal on a turbo , he has a variety of turbos from his supplier Comp turbos.They carry the new tripple ball bearings aswell.
    T67.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thats all for the parts up to now.
    I will be updating as soon as I receive more parts in and also when the build really starts.
    My car keeps on stealing my money .

omg HAWT
    (OO)SKYRINE(OO)

Comment

nice build ....might want to put your power steering again ....i tried driving my car at 450whp with no power steering....its no fun man ..
      89 GTR GT4088R built bottom end stock head
      10.74@132mph ...old setup

Comment

Damn well the reason i Did remove was beacause when I was removing the A/c I damaged some Pw lines and I knew it would be a hassle to find them again so i removed it.Mcfly uses his gtr with 295 all around daily so i've heard with no PS.

Comment

excellent attention to detail. your rb looks badness

Comment

3.5" exhaust that me and a buddy made.
            Its a 3.5" straight pipe to a 4" magnaflow race series mufler

Sorry guys didn't have a camera when we were fabricating it:S
            Heres final product on the car.I'll remove it later to take some full exhaust pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

Has a nice little angle to it

Comment

you're going to melt the bumper around the tip.

Comment

Ya we noticed that.I'm gonna weld another hanger to push it down about an inch.My attain heat shield doesnt even fit the way it is now.

Comment

update

Testing to see how everything fits.Turbo looks alot smaller then I though next to the engine and the compressor oulet is only 4mm away from hitting the tower bar.Trying to sort ou the i/c piping.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

hmm i like your valve covers..

Comment

That heatshield is awesome. The back of my car turns brown all the time, especially on road trips. Unfortunately I don't think it's big enough to deal with the whole area that mine affects but that's the worst area.

That intercooler looks pretty nice too, where'd you get it?
                      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Wow Nice build man.
                        I wish I could do one this summer but maybe next summer look more realistic.

Comment

nice build...only thing that i would do is clock the compressor housing 90% down..so the outlet is facing down....personally think they look nicer/cleaner. But to each there own, its you that has to look at it everyday.

keep the pics comin...

Comment

I was thinking of that but I want to keep the piping asd straight as possible and if I clock it downwards I think the piping gonna have alot of bends in it..

Comment

how much did the snail set u back?
                              Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Working...
                              X